Hobbywing Xerun XR8 Plus Brushless ESC/G2 Motor Combo (2250kV) Any good?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Review time very mix feeling it’s a beast for sure crazy power!! Ton of options really cool! But I’m having issue with it now. The problem is when I hit a jump it dies... like no power to the motor at all so I can’t correct it mid flight. It lands and wreck most of the time now. So I experimented and it does the same thing if you just drop the car on it wheels from 4 feet of the ground but you can still steer it just lose power to the motor. If you wait 15-30 second it returns to normal all the wires are tight no loose connection any where. You can drive it all day as long at you don’t hit anything even the slight bump with shut it down but every time you still can steer. So any idea what’s the problem is????
Did you ever get this resolved? I'd love to hear of a good outcome?

One of the 3 motor leads or motor HE sensors may be an issue. Also don't over look a bad sensor lead. They are delicate and do fail.

Did you ever get this resolved? I'd love to hear of a good outcome?
Sadly no i didn’t ? it completely stop working and I forget exactly what color light was flashing. But when you look it up in the manual it failed the start up stage, so I reach out to hobby wing and long and the short of it was I’m f***** they clam I put to much heat when soldering the wires on. So I bought a castle Problem solved ?

Sadly no i didn’t ? it completely stop working and I forget exactly what color light was flashing. But when you look it up in the manual it failed the start up stage, so I reach out to hobby wing and long and the short of it was I’m f***** they clam I put to much heat when soldering the wires on. So I bought a castle Problem solved ?
Oh man that is awful, I'm so sorry to hear that. Hope you have better luck with the castle.

Xr8 plus isn't that new but that's good, because so far it's proved itself. Actually my friend who had an smaxx swapped the nitro motor for this esc and motor, so he could have low end control. He only runs it on 4s so it's not really being pushed but it barely gets warm, as the whole esc case is aluminum. Also the BEC is very good!!! Just watch the jumps because the fan blades are known to snap off on hard impacts. Just know it's not waterproof. I'd run one in my revo if it was wp though.

The older version, the hobbywing xerun 150a sensored (bright blue) unit was bombproof though. If you ever find one of those on eBay, that goes to any of these readers, I would jump on it. I have seen those take so much abuse, and everyone agrees they are just so durable.
Here's what I'm referring to
:View attachment 26346

ive been looking for one of those 4 a min, I'd buy an older version of the hw b4 a new version any day and pay top for it.. there a tough esc hw needs to bring back..

ive been looking for one of those 4 a min, I'd buy an older version of the hw b4 a new version any day and pay top for it.. there a tough esc hw needs to bring back..
Remember the old school brick 150a’s? These things were so bulletproof.
17056755-DA0A-45A4-A86D-EB45B808441A.png

Literally unstoppable!

These were good too:
355C2565-FFA0-410D-9819-8E74FD63624E.png

They are floating around.(y) HW wont warranty it in the States if it doesn't have HW USA seal. Has to do with HW Knock offs out there.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back