Vorteks Hobbywing xr8 pro g2 esc combo with 4268 g4 2800kw motor, good fit for bashing with Vorteks?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How many Volt lipos you plan on running anyway???????:unsure: This is a 4s ESC combo! More than you want or need. But it can work for you. On 3s.
May not be the best match for a Vorteks. Look to the HW SCT Pro combo instead. Defintely consider a Sensored setup if possible however.(y) Whatever you choose.
Be careful with how much power you put in the Vorteks. The drivetrain on 4s won't do well with a 4x4 3s drivetrain. 4s may even be pushing it. You will need to spend $beaucoup$ just in upgrading to the 4x4 4s drivetrain , Slipper/ main gears and all. Other wise you will be breaking the drivetrain. constantly.
But this a good ESC, if you set it up good.

Last edited:
How many Volt lipos you plan on running anyway???????:unsure: This is a 4s ESC combo! More than you want or need. But it can work for you. On 3s.
May not be the best match for a Vorteks. Look to the HW SCT Pro combo instead. Defintely consider a Sensored setup if possible however.(y) Whatever you choose.
Be careful with how much power you put in the Vorteks. The drivetrain won't do well with a 4x4 3s drivetrain. 4s may even be pushing it. You will need to spend $beaucoup$ just in upgrading to the 4x4 4s drivetrain , Slipper/ main gears and all. Other wise you will be breaking the drivetrain constantly.
I don't necessarily want to run 4S or more for now, I am more like upset w the current Firma 100A ESC that allegedly cant actually be set to 7.4V BEC voltage. So upgrading to a good servo is almost a waste. For example I bought one that can do 0.07s on 8.4V or 0.08s on 7.4V but the ESC doesn't cut it.

Is the difference so big between 2800 and 3200kv? Id be happy to gear down from 18 to 16 or even 15 perhaps

Agree 100% , The RTR Firma ESC is not all that. It actually sucks for many.
Just that you don't need to spend all that much money to upgrade the ESC. You can just buy a standalone non-sensored ESC also. And keep the stocker motor in there. If it is still in good working condition. Will be leaps and bounds better than the Current Firma ESC setup.
But Sensored is a big plus IMHO. If you have the coin. I have many HW ESC's and they are all Sensored. I am spoiled now. The Throttle response is second to none, compared to non sensored setups. Sensored setups cost more. Understand what you are buying and paying for, that's all.
And yes you will be gearing UP a bit with a 2800kv motor. A Larger Pinion. Not tragic at all. How it's done. You will garner more torque with a Lower Kv motor. All this if keeping with 3s like the stocker ESC.
Just be careful running 4s without upgrading much of the drivetrain.
Agree about the servo upgrade. Most Upgrade ESC's will offer optional BEC Voltages. Many never consider this and buy a $HV$ servo only to find the Stocker ESC holds it back, limited with a mere 6v BEC.
Good luck. :cool:

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back