Typhon Hold my beer...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Walküre

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
I had a “Hold my beer,” moment this week and wrecked my new Typhon 6s.

I was at a skate park a couple days ago sipping around the swimming pool looking part when I got silly and gunned it up the side. I launched it tree height. I looked at it when it stopped in the air just befor falling back to earth realizing it wasn’t going to end well. My daughter said, “That’s why you can’t drive my car dad.”

Snapped left side upper A-arm, front steering hub and rear hub. Bent both driveshafts. I warped the big gear on both front and rear diff from the driveshafts smashing into them. I found out when after fixing everything I couldn’t get the diffs to stop making noise. They were tighter on one spot in it’s rotation. Rear bulkhead got a bit deformed too. Ruined a set of new dust cover wheel nuts.

I had most of the parts from a Jenny’s impulse purchase but had to hit the store for the rest. Installed a new Hot racing bulkhead cad diff cover. Rebuilt the rear diff again with a HR cup and a new gear. Replaced the front diff main gear and put it all back together. This is an expensive hobby, lol.

The new bulkhead is really nice. Hot Racing makes some quality parts. It sounds all buttery smooth in the back. I think I’ll be doing the front bulkhead eventually too. I’ll wait till I’m a better driver first, lol...

I wish, lol. I should request the security footage. There is closed circuit TV accessible on the net I think so parents can see the kids.

The sk8er kids there were running around flipping the car back on all 4’s while I was getting the hang of the layout of bowls and jumps. When I hit the lip all Duperbash they all yelled WOW! It was in the air for what seemed an eternity, lol. An exaggeration but it had some serious hang time.

I wish I could unsee it. My car is better for it but my wallet is a bit lighter. I told my daughter I’ll be jumping on only dirt/grass/sand from now on. These new Lockup’s have good traction. I’m glad I didn’t jack up a rim or tire. I dented a 4s battery too. It’s not swelling and all cells are maintaining voltage for 3 or so days without change. It was a hard cover battery. The hard case was a crappy brittle plastic. I’m ordering 200 mm shrink wrap if it holds up for a couple more days. I think it’s fine.

The impact gave it the look of swell but I don’t think it is messed up. It hasn’t changed since the accident.
That’s the spot where the Velcro strap was. I’m going to add a second one.

You are driving it exactly the way we all want to, but never have the balls to try. Yeah, it's hard on the wallet, but with people around to watch, you put on a really great show. Good on ya for bringing smiles to the masses, and probably giving a bunch of kids the itch to get out and try it for themselves. ?Good to know that there's kit breakers to help our bank accounts from being completely depleted.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back