Hole in transmission housing?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

poombah

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fury
Hi guys

Was just servicing the fury this evening... I've got a hole in the transmission housing ... Best guess caused by the the diff at some point... Perhaps after a jump.

Check out all bearings are sound ... Anyone else had this ?

Hole is in the front lower corner... If you looked at the spur gear side and imagined a clock the hole is about 4:30.

image.jpg

ehm...okay...let me think;...:D

Somebody took a shot at your beautiful Fury...The person who did this should, off course, be brought to justice at the Hague for crimes against RC Cars...:eek:
The little gnomes who make your Arrma work finaly dug a hole so they could escape!...Good for them, you brute...:p
You are running the very rare Arrna Fury Hybrid...Electric-Steam version...As steam makes the composite plastic brittle your clearly have a warranty issue...:cool:
Or you could have had bad luck and a rock snafu'd your gearbox...:(

Anyway, I am just as surprised as you are...Perhaps one of the, more experienced, RC rockers, bashers or guru's have an idea...And perhaps a suggestion how to fix it...:)

I just came from a girly third birthday party...So I am not entirely responsible for my responses the next couple of hours...My apologies in advance...o_O

/me wanders away from his laptop mumbling: "Pink, pink, pink...So much pink......."...

No idea what this could have been. I am thinking it must have been pierced from the outside. If it happened from the inside debris or some breakage must be visible of the components inside.

My advise would be stuff the hole asap, since the transmission should stay dust free!

It's inside one of the screw hole recess...I'm thinking the store I bought the car from pierced it accidentally doing up the screw on their second attempt at fixing diff under warranty. No point going back to them they wouldn't help me with servo.

I've just plugged over the screw hole with plasticine now to keep debris out... Will patch up with epoxy next time I have it out

Than they have used a too long bolt!
The Arrma gearbox casing features a lot of equal sized bolts. But one is longer than the others...so they must have used that in the wrong place.

Than they have used a too long bolt!
The Arrma gearbox casing features a lot of equal sized bolts. But one is longer than the others...so they must have used that in the wrong place.

I think you could be onto something - i couldnt tell easily if the damage was from the inside or outside... it looks like it lines up with the teeth on the diff centre so thought maybe on a hard landing it has made contact. (there is only like 1.5mm clearance).

Interesting and both mysterious issue. One could think that running a 3S battery in your BLX will bring out all the flaws, but this one is new for me.

I would keep an eye on it, even after your repair!

Car is standard running on the 2s Arrma Lipo mostly ... Occasionally my other 2s (it runs a bit slower on)

Only changes are metal gears in servo, diff been rebuilt twice under warranty and just diff springs and oil

Will see how it goes

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back