Kraton Holy good God!! Lol

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barrister

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
Hi guys,

Had the kraton out today on its maiden run. I was running it only on 3s. The thing is brutal & amazing all in one!!!!! Question is should I jump straight to 6s or go for 4s or 5s until I gain confidence?

ATM this machine scares me!! Lol

Thanks for helping me pick such a beast..

Love it.

5S won’t work, but try 6S with caution and see what it’s like. I’m assuming if you think 3S is fast, you’re not really ready for 6S ??‍♂️

5S won’t work, but try 6S with caution and see what it’s like. I’m assuming if you think 3S is fast, you’re not really ready for 6S ??‍♂️
This times a million.

5s does work you just have to set the esc to nimh mode. But I don’t t recommend it cause you have to keep an eye on the voltage of the Lipo. I would go strait to 6s cause your eventually going to get there. It’s all about throttle control don’t go guns blazing take it easy

Just go 6s and just turn down the throttle range on the transmitter.

You could also lower the esc's punch setting. It reduces the torque at low throttle levels and gradually increases it with throttle percentage.
Try changing it down to level 1 and that should calm it down a bit. Should also wheelie less.

If you don't have an esc programming card you can do it manually this way...

Last edited:
I've been running 4S for a month on the 15t pinion and certainly it's got a ton of power and speed; for some of the places I bash it's more than enough but, I've just ordered two 3S batteries to run on 6S and as above, learn throttle control and head straight for 6S, in hindsight I'd have gone straight for 6S
Cheers, Stu

5s does work you just have to set the esc to nimh mode. But I don’t t recommend it cause you have to keep an eye on the voltage of the Lipo. I would go strait to 6s cause your eventually going to get there. It’s all about throttle control don’t go guns blazing take it easy
If he’s asking about going to 6S when 3S is fast, I didn’t think letting him know about eliminating LVC was prudent. ??‍♂️

If he’s asking about going to 6S when 3S is fast, I didn’t think letting him know about eliminating LVC was prudent. ??‍♂️
Well you gave him wrong info so I corrected you and I did mention I don’t recommend it. Like I said b4 it’s all about throttle control. I jumped right into 3s on my stampede and that thing is insane on 3s.

Hi guys,

Had the kraton out today on its maiden run. I was running it only on 3s. The thing is brutal & amazing all in one!!!!! Question is should I jump straight to 6s or go for 4s or 5s until I gain confidence?

ATM this machine scares me!! Lol

Thanks for helping me pick such a beast..

Love it.
The smart move would be to go to 4S first, then 6S because I wish I had of done that originally, but if you go straight to 6S just try to learn throttle control and be prepared to break something because that's when that usually starts

The smart move would be to go to 4S first, then 6S because I wish I had of done that originally, but if you go straight to 6S just try to learn throttle control and be prepared to break something because that's when that usually starts

I find that a bit confusing. How can 4s be the smart move when you can turn down the punch and also limit the throttle if you really really have to?

Sure its quick but its not THAT overpowered for newcomers surely? My 9 year old son is handling my typhon on 6s no problem at all.... and with full throttle range at that.

6s and no skills will equal a LOT of broke parts, and maybe a broke ankle. Run 4s for a while. Put the 14t pinion in. Makes an great basher. Plus at 40mph, it is much harder to break.

6s and no skills will equal a LOT of broke parts, and maybe a broke ankle. Run 4s for a while. Put the 14t pinion in. Makes an great basher. Plus at 40mph, it is much harder to break.
6s and no throttle control will end up in breakage. Skills will come. It's like driving a Ferrari, don't go full throttle on the first ride. Go 6s, you will master it..

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back