Outcast Home made chassis brace

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ole Fart51

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
  2. Talion
IMG_7117.JPG
IMG_7118.JPG
IMG_7117.JPG
Just finished installing my brace.

Looks awesome!
What size aluminum rod did you use?
And how did you put hex screws in? Is the rod not hollow?
Thinking of doing a brace but haven't a clue where to begin!

It's 3/8 solid aluminum. I drilled and tapped to M4 . Really fast and easy to do and strong. Must use blue lock tight on threads.

Cool...and you had to drill holes in the center of each tower of course to fasten at either end? What diameter bit do you use to accommodate M4?
What length is the rod cut to exactly?
My issue I haven't a tap and die set...wonder if the local HW store can do it for me...
Other question I have is when viewed from the side, my front tower is leaning back slightly in towards the center of the truck...so the end of the brace would not sit flush were I to install it.
Might this be because I have my shock collars threaded down a lot?
Sorry for all the questions...newb on deck here :(

Cool...and you had to drill holes in the center of each tower of course to fasten at either end? What diameter bit do you use to accommodate M4?
What length is the rod cut to exactly?
My issue I haven't a tap and die set...wonder if the local HW store can do it for me...
Other question I have is when viewed from the side, my front tower is leaning back slightly in towards the center of the truck...so the end of the brace would not sit flush were I to install it.
Might this be because I have my shock collars threaded down a lot?
Sorry for all the questions...newb on deck here :(
Go to local hardware store and ask for M4 tap and drill bit. Drill as deep as possible and use longest screw possible, use lock tight. I actually didn't measure it, I put the rod on top and marked it slightly longer than needed, cut it square on both ends, drill smaller hole than needed, then start sanding with 80 grit sandpaper to get proper angel. Once it fits correctly, drill correct hole for M4 as deep as possible.

Holy moly @Kauaiguy those are some thick plates!
1/8 aluminum , didn't add much weight as i removed the plastic braces and probably not much more than the aluminum aftermarket version.The thing with the aftermarket braces is that the rear brace attachs to flexiblie plastic( not good).

View attachment 8316 Here's my home made chassis brace,very solid.I thought about a tower to tower brace but a good hit could take out both f/r diff case.With the one i made you can stand on the center of the frame while both ends of the frame are on 4x4 blocks.
This looks very similar to the MT4 chassis brace. Very solid looking upgrade.

Looks nice, But it must make wing support very weak. With your set up, lower wing mount is gone and the upper towers are no longer supported. Had the same set up you have, Thought it was great until it took a very hard hit.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back