Typhon Homebrew 3S SenTyphRock

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So. It turns out when using these Integy steering components, they don’t allow the axles to e tend far enough out. I’m need another 0.75-1.0 mm, otherwise the nut is too tight against the bearing and won’t let the driveshaft turn freely once assembled.

I could find an internal bearing that’s a bit thinner or ?

For now I’m going to write Integy and see what they think. Everything fits fine with the stock plastic part.

I’ll finish up with the tie rods and pivots for now and report back later!

F790C6D0-98AF-4B59-962B-360992CDBF92.jpeg

So. It turns out when using these Integy steering components, they don’t allow the axles to e tend far enough out. I’m need another 0.75-1.0 mm, otherwise the nut is too tight against the bearing and won’t let the driveshaft turn freely once assembled.

I could find an internal bearing that’s a bit thinner or ?

For now I’m going to write Integy and see what they think. Everything fits fine with the stock plastic part.

I’ll finish up with the tie rods and pivots for now and report back later!

Hmm, that sucks; I hate it when you get an aftermarket part and things don't quite fit right... Just went through that with a skid plate, which I eventually had to drill holes in myself to make fit. Hope you can find an easier solution!

And isn't screwing all those rod ends onto the new titanium turnbuckles just so much fun? 😅 Looks like you could use the upgraded ones, too -- the old one in the picture above is even more bent than mine were!

BTW, dunno if you already know about this, but I learned later on that the little assymetrical notch on the turnbuckles, to one side of the center, indicates which side is which. Basically, if you keep it on the right side of the center on all the turnbuckles you put back into the Typhon, you can use the right-hand rule to determine which way you need to turn the turnbuckle to either tighten of loosen it.

Hmm, that sucks; I hate it when you get an aftermarket part and things don't quite fit right... Just went through that with a skid plate, which I eventually had to drill holes in myself to make fit. Hope you can find an easier solution!

And isn't screwing all those rod ends onto the new titanium turnbuckles just so much fun? 😅 Looks like you could use the upgraded ones, too -- the old one in the picture above is even more bent than mine were!

BTW, dunno if you already know about this, but I learned later on that the little assymetrical notch on the turnbuckles, to one side of the center, indicates which side is which. Basically, if you keep it on the right side of the center on all the turnbuckles you put back into the Typhon, you can use the right-hand rule to determine which way you need to turn the turnbuckle to either tighten of loosen it.
The only think I can think of is to use a 0.5mm thinner bearing on the inside or find an axle that’s 0.5mm longer or the pin hole is farther out.

Actually, threading the rod ends on wasn’t bad at all. Used a small vice grip on the turnbuckle and screwed them on and off quite fast. Nice call about that notch- I had no idea. I did however make sure that they threaded on the new the same way they were before. Definitely helped.

I’m a bit bummed that the steering blocks don’t quite fit. I really want to replace that part the most. Regardless, the whole front end seems a lot tighter. Most of the slop is gone, but there’s still enough to take the occasional collision :)

417718CC-8E01-4440-9862-4E6D9D9E0633.jpeg
280E5E2D-5B21-4BC2-B728-E291B64B082A.jpeg

Well, I’m going to leave it here for now. I’d rather run this guy all summer, and then see what I can improve upon over the winter

The suspension is amazing. I’d recommend this setup for anyone who has a 3S.

I’ll update this post with all the mods and part numbers soon.

423A4EE2-7753-40AD-B200-0DC4487B2011.jpeg
5DF1026D-6F6C-486A-ABA2-ED4646B0821B.jpeg

Last edited:
I’m going to give this a try. Have the mounts, the Outcast roll bars, and a healthy attitude?

Hopefully it’ll just take a few snips here and there and of course some MT tires and then we can swap back and forth between badass truck and badass buggy.

I’ll keep y’all posted.

Daddy purchased, daughter approved.

5345BF68-183F-4254-88A3-57DA4442D716.jpeg

Need to make some adjustments to the back to accommodate the wing.
1073BE88-DF5E-400D-9DD2-6896692947BE.jpeg

Last edited:
My daughter and I have been having a blast with this set up. Unfortunately we broke one of the only parts I didn’t bring spares of.

I have the BR side guards coming that should hopefully keep the chassis a bit cleaner. Filled it up with tons of dirt and gravel. I few rocks ended up chewing up the slipper’s end cap.

We found an abandoned county fair track and did laps from the stands. Now we need to get another rig so we can race!

B4274176-7AC6-4453-B3E4-8259D03969F3.jpeg
9D750F0C-06E3-4CB2-9F7C-10A448963956.jpeg
D7732FC0-2320-443F-B205-1565FC3E5CA6.jpg
B65FCF42-A60A-4339-9984-3FA2FC189F09.jpeg
9CEB3BBB-EF29-48D0-A22B-37FC05041792.jpeg

Replaced the front A-arm and received the GPM steering components which fit much better than the Integy ones I tried. I think the Integy’s are more suited to the Granite which has a different axle part

These guys fit perfect and with the HR steering bellcrank, Integy pivot balls, and titanium turnbuckles, the front end feels a lot more solid.

F2CFF993-D61B-4201-A0F1-577045638BB9.jpeg

EDD5A239-EF3E-43ED-B0EC-15E7B4B0358C.jpeg

Right tighty?

Put the Outcast rollbar was n the TyphRock this evening. Can already tell how it’ll protect the body. I have a few other body protectors on the way for the corners and the bed rails

Or maybe I should just not flip it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If anyone else wants to do this, all you need is an 1/8” drill bit and the holes are 50mm apart on each side.

C0002645-D834-4306-97CB-5A40742D03D2.jpeg
0BEABD89-C724-4DC8-BE06-8F0912B74495.jpeg

Lookin' good there! Pretty natural-looking but still there to take the brunt of the damage when not-flipping is not an option!

Besides, you should always use protection... Better safe than sorry, you know?

What other body protection have you got incoming? My Granite spends a lot of its time on its roof, but between the rear wing, the new roof skid and some proline thumb screws I'm planning to put on the front, the body should stay mostly out of harm's way...

Lookin' good there! Pretty natural-looking but still there to take the brunt of the damage when not-flipping is not an option!

Besides, you should always use protection... Better safe than sorry, you know?

What other body protection have you got incoming? My Granite spends a lot of its time on its roof, but between the rear wing, the new roof skid and some proline thumb screws I'm planning to put on the front, the body should stay mostly out of harm's way...
These are what I’m going to put on the body:

Roof:

5D4BBC92-E431-4BE0-98BA-440D1032E655.jpeg

Front and Rear corners:
768B2E28-6982-48F4-BD9D-8B7203B56D79.jpeg

Bed rails maybe:
B0AD876B-C4AC-46CB-8330-D6AC1A1F11D0.jpeg

Also, yes. Always use protection!

CD7760F8-C738-454F-B9FD-3AF62464BE55.jpeg

Looking good! Now put some wider tires on it (Pro-Line Badlands or Trenchers are good) and it will handle better. Here's my Typhon 3s with Trencher HP belted tires. These Trenchers are nearly as sticky on pavement as my Banditos were, and they are great off road, which is what they were designed for. I used to have issues with the Typhon flipping sideways during high speed turns, but the wider tires solved that problem.

Tpyhon 3s Truggy.jpg

Looking good! Now put some wider tires on it (Pro-Line Badlands or Trenchers are good) and it will handle better. Here's my Typhon 3s with Trencher HP belted tires. These Trenchers are nearly as sticky on pavement as my Banditos were, and they are great off road, which is what they were designed for. I used to have issues with the Typhon flipping sideways during high speed turns, but the wider tires solved that problem.

View attachment 158644
That’s definitely the plan! Yours looks great! Going to rock this for a while then get some when we find a good place to take it consistently off-road.
Ended up having to replace the input gear on the rear diff today. I think I must’ve had the slipper too tight when I replaced the gear and plates? Not sure.
01E8A955-E243-4003-9DDD-BEC3382B02A1.jpeg
2B8A5193-B0AE-4633-BA66-CED2F5BDD50E.jpeg

I forgot that I had the M2C motor mount set also, so I installed those parts as well

FB87AB46-10D4-4ECD-91B6-3FB8CDE0E02B.jpeg
51001BDB-D24F-46B6-90B1-0835C7D4A640.jpeg

Here are some other pics of the rust job.

1BD1C101-B759-4AA2-B793-7365A83329ED.jpeg
97B6D936-6D31-4E5C-A3D1-1289ADB65E3B.jpeg
C7416E1F-219D-492D-BD81-A54B112070FD.jpeg

Last edited:
We found an abandoned county fair track and did laps from the stands. Now we need to get another rig so we can race!
I'm in the Lafayette area and always on the look out for someplace to run, that county fair site looks awesome, where abouts is it?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back