Homemade Front Chassi Brace not T2T

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JMS RC

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 8S
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Nero
  6. Outcast 6s
  7. Talion
  8. Typhon 6s
  9. Typhon 3s
Found a piece of 8mm alu at work and decided to try to make a front chassi brace for my Talion V3.

I know there's plenty of good manufacturers of upgrade parts but having several RC's and buying several upgrades adds up.

Seems to be lot of forum members here that fabricate their own parts, has anyone made some chassi braces ?

The part I found to be the hardest was to drill and tap the holes in the correct angle.

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Drill that upper one out to 4mm and use a 4mm bolt. Gets more threads in the brace and a stronger bolt to avoid bending. Looks like a very nice piece!

My buddy has the HR front/rear alloy chassis braces. Even with those on his talion, if you block up the front/rear of the chassis under the nose, you can easily see flex in the center. With as much flex that remains, it still bends center dog bones on a fairly frequent basis. The only way to get away from that is to either run the tower to tower brace or fashion up an X brace type system that has braces going from the center diff top down to the front/rear of the chassis. Would definitely want to have alloy center diff towers and cap though. Or, just go with the tower to tower brace.

Drill that upper one out to 4mm and use a 4mm bolt. Gets more threads in the brace and a stronger bolt to avoid bending. Looks like a very nice piece!

My buddy has the HR front/rear alloy chassis braces. Even with those on his talion, if you block up the front/rear of the chassis under the nose, you can easily see flex in the center. With as much flex that remains, it still bends center dog bones on a fairly frequent basis. The only way to get away from that is to either run the tower to tower brace or fashion up an X brace type system that has braces going from the center diff top down to the front/rear of the chassis. Would definitely want to have alloy center diff towers and cap though. Or, just go with the tower to tower brace.

Nice, of course didn't think about that, using an M4 in the front is better.
This is just a start, I would like to get rid of the tower to tower brace, the plan is to use alloy braces together with a top brace, and hopefully in the near future a stiffer chassiplate.
Seen some alloy center diff tower mods and upgrade parts, will go for that too.
Really like this idea https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/chassis-brace-connector-redsign.5772/ but for the Talion V3 it might be too high to fit an original body.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back