Outcast Homemade mudflaps

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

72Z15SS

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fazon
  2. Nero
  3. Raider
Made another set of mudflaps for my Outcast. They worked on my Kraton so I did another pair. If I can make something I don't have to order and wait for I will!

Attachments

• 1484923755800-345211484.jpg
    1484923755800-345211484.jpg
    211.8 KB · Views: 141
Nice! I'm with you man, making things yourself is way more rewarding than dialing it up on amazon. Pardon me for being dense, but what are these blocking from mud? The rear shocks??

I run on dirt and grass and they help keep a lot of stuff from being thrown into the rear axles, A-arms, springs, etc., Plus they look cool.

Made another set of mudflaps for my Outcast. They worked on my Kraton so I did another pair. If I can make something I don't have to order and wait for I will!

They look good, thanks for posting! I saw your post in the Kraton thread as well. What material did you use to make them? I was contemplating ordering some but think I'll make a couple of my own.

They look good, thanks for posting! I saw your post in the Kraton thread as well. What material did you use to make them? I was contemplating ordering some but think I'll make a couple of my own.
Thanks Outcaster , I happened to have some 1/8th inch ABS plastic lying around from another project a while back, but you can use just about anything as long as it's flexible. I might try making some for the front?

Looks great @72Z15SS, nicely done!
Thanks Boss!!! Boy what I could do if I had a lathe!

Nice! I'm with you man, making things yourself is way more rewarding than dialing it up on amazon. Pardon me for being dense, but what are these blocking from mud? The rear shocks??
Ya know Dustin, it IS very rewarding giving it some thought! I've been doing stuff like this myself for years. If I can't find it, I'll make it.

Got tired of waiting for them to be in stock, so I made some mud flaps for my Nero out of a plastic garbage can I found at Menard's. Cost me less than 3$ and some time. Going to make some for my Outcast too.

Attachments

• IMG_20170122_123803.jpg
    IMG_20170122_123803.jpg
    159.2 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_20170122_123748.jpg
    IMG_20170122_123748.jpg
    186.5 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_20170122_123705.jpg
    IMG_20170122_123705.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 75
Got tired of waiting for them to be in stock, so I made some mud flaps for my Nero out of a plastic garbage can I found at Menard's. Cost me less than 3$ and some time. Going to make some for my Outcast too.
Nice!!! You have enough material to do the entire fleet! I bought a 5 gal bucket from Lowes to try and make something out of.

How did you fix them on if you don't mind me asking ?

How did you fix them on if you don't mind me asking ?
On these I just used the holes in the front of the arms. For my Nero and Fazon, I made a backing plate that sits on top of the a-arm, then drilled and tapped the holes for the screws.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back