Honest question: Kraton EXB or Tekno MT410

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I had a K6S already, probably go with the Tekno, you could put any EXB parts you may like on the Kraton. If I never had a Kraton, then the EXB and Tekno would be legit, just saying! ?

Teknos are great. I used to run the EBs competitively.
Not sure about their MT though, never used or seen one. Not a big 1/10th scale fan for bashing either. But I'm sure it's great, I'm grabbing a EXB tomorrow (hopefully).
The Tekno MT is NOT 1/10 scale. I cant blame people for making that mistake. Tekno marketed it that way, because the wheel base is shorter than most 1/8 scale rigs.
It is 1/8. The MT is virtually identical in dimensions to an OC/Notorious. I have both MT and Noto. MT is all Tekno 1/8 parts and components. (90% 7075 CNC'd alu.)

The Tekno MT is NOT 1/10 scale. I cant blame people for making that mistake. Tekno marketed it that way, because the wheel base is shorter than most 1/8 scale rigs.
It is 1/8. The MT is virtually identical in dimensions to an OC/Notorious. I have both MT and Noto. MT is all Tekno 1/8 parts and components. (90% 7075 CNC'd alu.)

It isn't because it uses 1/8 parts that it can't be 1/10. If i would take the Typhon and put the mojave a-arms and big wheels, i would call it a 1/10 MT.

As for the Proline MT, it is more a 1/12 than of 1/10, but anyway, all the parts are like 1/8 parts.

I have...?

Don't get me wrong it's good, and I love building kits etc but it was a lockdown purchase and looking back on it I wish I'd not bought it and got an Outcast/Notorious instead...??

In my opinion I feel as a total package the Arrma is just better ? ( there you go I've said it ? )

I've had issues with mine bending driveshafts/cvds, someone told me there was an Arrma mod to fit Arrma driveshafts, but hey I want a Tekno not an Arrma/Tekno hybrid..???

Also as others above have said, working on it is a real pain at times and space is so tight it's just ridiculous...
I'm running mine on 6s and it's pretty insane ??
The Tekno MT is not for the faint of heart. It's narrow chassis design is what makes it shine and so agile and light. It really is the best freestyle basher. If your wallet permits and you want the next level up in Quality and Precision. If you want cheaper and easier to work on and willing to accept less precision in quality and workmanship, Arrma 6S/EXB is the way to go. Its a very personal choice only you can make.
It isn't because it uses 1/8 parts that it can't be 1/10. If i would take the Typhon and put the mojave a-arms and big wheels, i would call it a 1/10 MT.

As for the Proline MT, it is more a 1/12 than of 1/10, but anyway, all the parts are like 1/8 parts.
So what you are telling me is that that the 6S OC and Noto. is 1/10 scale?????? The Proline MT doesn't even count in this equation. Where did that come from?
Out the box and built up the Tekno MT is 1/8 scale. Period. NO if's, maybe's, or splitting hairs on this.
But if you don't have one in hand, as well as the OC/Noto. to compare them all I guess its hard to visualize. :cool:
Bad assumptions lead to uninformed purchases. I am not a Tekno fanboy. I don't work for or Race for Tekno.
Perhaps @Rich Duperbash could explain it better.... :unsure:

Last edited:
The Tekno MT is not for the faint of heart. It's narrow chassis design is what makes it shine and so agile and light. It really is the best freestyle basher. If your wallet permits and you want the next level up in Quality and Precision. If you want cheaper and easier to work on and willing to accept less precision in quality and workmanship, Arrma 6S/EXB is the way to go. Its a very personal choice only you can make.

So what you are telling me is that that the 6S OC and Noto. is 1/10 scale?????? The Proline MT doesn't even count in this equation. Where did that come from?
Out the box and built up the Tekno MT is 1/8 scale. Period. NO if's, maybe's, or splitting hairs on this.
But if you don't have one in hand, as well as the OC/Noto. to compare them all I guess its hard to visualize. :cool:
Bad assumptions lead to uninformed purchases. I am not a Tekno fanboy. I don't work for or Race for Tekno.

I’m still in decision making process. I live the idea of tekno quality and precision. I love the idea of building from the ground up, but I guess I also like the idea of longer and wider wheel base...?
Can you post side by side photos of the Tekno and Kraton 6s? It might be helpful .... any detail photos you feel appropriate to elaborate on quality would be nice, but I get that “everything” is just higher grade/higher precision/ tighter tolerances. How are spare/replacement parts cost compared?

much much thanks!!! ?

I’m still in decision making process. I live the idea of tekno quality and precision. I love the idea of building from the ground up, but I guess I also like the idea of longer and wider wheel base...?
Can you post side by side photos of the Tekno and Kraton 6s? It might be helpful .... any detail photos you feel appropriate to elaborate on quality would be nice, but I get that “everything” is just higher grade/higher precision/ tighter tolerances. How are spare/replacement parts cost compared?

much much thanks!!! ?
Take a look at the tekno et48. It is more of a comparison to the Kraton...

I have both and they are completely different rigs. Both do the same thing just differently. The mt410 I do run on 4s while the Kraton is 6s.

If I had a K6S already, probably go with the Tekno, you could put any EXB parts you may like on the Kraton. If I never had a Kraton, then the EXB and Tekno would be legit, just saying! ?

If you look at the Granite, Stampede, Pro-MT, Team Magic MT10 and other 1/10 MT, they all about about the same wheel base. There are a few 1/10 MT that use SCT wheelbase, like the ECX Ruckus, but those are the outlyer
yup. Thanks. That’s where my head is but would add bigger wheels/tires... just ‘cause I can :)
Well, the ET48 is sold without wheels and tires, so you can add what ever you want. :)

If you look at the Granite, Stampede, Pro-MT, Team Magic MT10 and other 1/10 MT, they all about about the same wheel base. There are a few 1/10 MT that use SCT wheelbase, like the ECX Ruckus, but those are the outlyer

Well, the ET48 is sold without wheels and tires, so you can add what ever you want. :)
You can include the Traxxas E-Revo, E-Maxx, and Summit in the outlyer category as well.

I never owned a MT410. But I have a EB48.4 and a Typhon 6S V4. I will say the EB is built with much better material, and weights less. It does out bash my Typhon stock out the box vs out the box One thing with Tekno is they put a lot of research and money into balance and weight distribution research. I’ll say an absolute beginner could fly my EB48.4 over a jump and threw the air a lot easier then my Typhon. It handles that much better it’s amazing. I was a skeptic until I got it last year after driving the Typhon for a while . However, I did add m2c shock towers and front/rear braces to the Typhon and honestly it is a tank now. But it is Heavy!! I don’t know, the Kraton EXB looks really good, and the TEKNO MT is a great truck but I think the MT from Tekno is more of a mixed together truck using parts from everything. The Kraton EXB is definitely refined After going threw 4 rtr versions. Being a Tekno fan, I would give the Kraton EXB a go and plan to, unless I get that Infraction in blue colour coming out soon lol ?. I can budget one more purchase of RC this year so I’m really doing homework. It’s Outcast 8s, Kraton EXB, Infraction blue colour, or if Tekno releases their much anticipated ET48 2.0 I’ll give that one a serious look.
yup. Thanks. That’s where my head is but would add bigger wheels/tires... just ‘cause I can :)
The ET48.3 is discontinued. A new 2.0 will be coming, following their EB48 2.0 release. if you want something right away anyways

The MT definitely builds to a 1/8 sized truck. It uses all 1/8 scale sized parts from different kits it’s just a short chassis more then anything.

Last edited:
I love our Kraton as much as anyone, so much that Im looking to get a second one in the form of the EXB.

But looking at it overall....I would basically be "in" for the same amount as a Tekno MT410. Maybe a little more $$$ on the Tekno side (since Id need a body....already have wheels/tires).

So....assuming the $$ is a wash, what does everyone think about the MT410 vs the EXB? I know Kraton RTR vs MT410 is a no-brainer....but a Kraton roller vs a Tekno "slider" seems not such a no-brainer to me.

Has anyone cross-shopped them lately?
kraton exb handles better longer wheelbase

Thanks everyone, good info!

I knew the MT410 was shorter wheelbase, to be honest I really don't expect to be doing a lot of tricks with the truck....just want something I can bash with that I know will hold up well. Heart was set on a second Kraton, being the EXB, but for the same basic price there is the MT410.

Seeing pics of builds and the chassis, I get flashbacks to tearing down my Savage with the TVP chassis....everything is packed in there, you basically have to tear the whole thing apart to get to any one thing (trans, engine, servos, etc). The MT410 seems to be similar unless I spend 180+ on a new chassis....crazy!

So Im back to the EXB, or waiting for an Outcast EXB.....Im not in too much of a rush, so I might just wait and see what Arrma does.

Thanks again.

-Chris
My 2 cents. I have an mt410 and then a typhon a limitless both of which I love to bits. I haven’t given any of them serious abuse so can’t speak to durability but the tekno is streets ahead in handling (of the typhon and limitless). I’m sure they’re all awesome options!

much much thanks!!! ?
TeknoMT and my Notorious (OC)
MT running wider Copperhead 2's, Noto. with Stock Backflips.
20200725_125852.jpg
20200725_125608.jpg
20200725_131019.jpg
20200725_131036.jpg

Last edited:
The Tekno is really better balanced weight wise, albeit in a narrow and admittedly tight chassis design. The plastic Tekno chassis Braces never broke on me. So I never upgraded them. (Chassis is 7075 alu. )No need so far. The Tekno Truggy chassis swap would make it equivelant to my 6S Kraton in dimensions. Tekno is much lighter and runs circles around the Noto., with only a 4s lipo. They do have different Electrics between them. The Tekno has a 1900kv sensored HW and HW 6S sensored ESC. Timing at zero, Turbo boost is off, and TH punch is about medium.
The Tekno MT on 6S is just rediculous, very long legs...17T pinion. I prefer the nimbleness of a 4s lipo in the Tekno.
I drive both fairly the same with air , jumps etc.
BTW, Tekno plastics are superior.

Last edited:
The Tekno is really better balanced weight wise, albeit in a narrow and admittedly tight chassis design. The plastic Tekno chassis Braces never broke on me. So I never upgraded them. (Chassis is 7075 alu. )No need so far. The Tekno Truggy chassis swap would make it equivelant to my 6S Kraton in dimensions. Tekno is much lighter and runs circles around the Noto., with only a 4s lipo. They do have different Electrics between them. The Tekno has a 1900kv sensored HW and HW 6S sensored ESC. Timing at zero, Turbo boost is off, and TH punch is about medium.
The Tekno MT on 6S is just rediculous, very long legs...17T pinion. I prefer the nimbleness of a 4s lipo in the Tekno.
I drive both fairly the same with air , jumps etc.
BTW, Tekno plastics are superior.
I always tell people one of the biggest differences between an MT410 and an Outcast 6s is the MT410 will do on 4s what the Outcast can do on 6s. I cannot imagine why anyone would even need to run 6s on the Tekno, that is like running 8s on an Outcast 6s.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back