Honest question: Kraton EXB or Tekno MT410

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always tell people one of the biggest differences between an MT410 and an Outcast 6s is the MT410 will do on 4s what the Outcast can do on 6s. I cannot imagine why anyone would even need to run 6s on the Tekno, that is like running 8s on an Outcast 6s.
I say this always also. My EB48.4 will do what my Typhon 6S can on 4S. And it does it better. Jumping, handling, strength you name it. I’ve found this first hand over the last year. And I tried 6S in the Tekno buggy once and it was way to crazy I blew a tire off the rim clean right away. Both buggies have a place though in my collection ?

Typhon 6S is a Truly sweet 6S rig. I believe it was Arrmas first 6S. It put them on the map in my opinion.
The EB48, however, is a race spec. rig. There really is no comparison when you look very closely at each. But they are still both 1/8 Buggies by design. They are in a different pricepoint as well, targeting different markets. RTR vs. Kit. Basher vs. Racer.
Both are awesome in their own right. No doubt. And you can still bash an EB48 and try racing a Typhon 6S. :cool:

Last edited:
Typhon 6S is a Truly sweet 6S rig. I believe it was Arrmas first 6S. It put them on the map in my opinion.
The EB48, however, is a race spec. rig. There really is no comparison when you look very closely at each. But they are still both 1/8 Buggies by design. They are in a different pricepoint as well, targeting different markets. RTR vs. Kit. Basher vs. Racer.
Both are awesome in their own right. No doubt. And you can still bash an EB48 and try racing a Typhon 6S. :cool:
I know of a few guys who have raced their Typhons.

I could see a Typhon 6S being competitive with a good setup, tires and great driving skill.
1/8 buggy class racing is done on 4S. I could see that working well on a closed course.

I could see a Typhon 6S being competitive with a good setup, tires and great driving skill.
1/8 buggy class racing is done on 4S. I could see that working well on a closed course.
Yup I have even seen guys race their V1 and V2 Talions as well as the Kraton. And I thought I saw a guy who raced his Senton 6s.

For the track, the fluids are generally thinner all around. Probably closer to stock weight all around.. But the track guys will up the front a tad more than the rear. Better turn in, off throttle. Better front traction On throttle. On a closed course track that is fairly technical you need lighter weight all around. Usually running 4s at the track. A Track setup doesn't quite work best for regular bashing on 6S by contrast.

Look at some posted 4x4 Setup Sheets online, you will see what I mean. Driving ability, the type of rig and the track will ultimately determine how you like your diffs.

Last edited:
I ran a my basher setup in the diffs. At the time, that was probably 10k,100k,10k. My SCT410 has the same. I did soften up the Typhon suspension a bit, and put 25wt oil in the shocks (rough track).

As SRC said, lighter fluids are are generally better. Lots of racers will start somewhere around 1k,5k,1k or 5k,10k,5k (depending on the car and track) and tune from there.

Last - I was serious about racing, though. I just raced for fun. Like I said in my post above (or at least, meant to say) while you can race the Arrma RTR's, if you want to be a serious racer, you need a serious car. Back in the 90's, I WAS a serious racer (2wd Stock class), and to get good, you have to commit to a LOT of track time - like an hour of track driving time a week, and in about a year, you might start to be kind of good. That is not me anymore. I still like to run on a track, but I want to have fun too. :)

Great replies, everyone! Keep it going....

The diff fluid question brings up something I was wondering - if you look at the fluids as a ratio to each other (F/C/R), would something like 10K/100K/10K react exactly the same as 1K/10K/1K ? That keeps the weights "in proportion" but all 3 are lighter. Would it have about the same (or at least similar) effect, but with less drag on the motor?

No, it would not. Maybe sort of, but not really.

Diff tuning is important for how the car enters and leaves the corner. Steering while breaking, steering while coasting, steering on throttle. Going thick with the same ratio will just make it less lively - which can be good or bad...
Because I just posed this in another thread, I'll add it here. There is a section on diff tuning,
Go here-
https://www.hudy.net/xhudy/products/proddwnld.php?prod_id=268&kategoria=64

Download the English version.

Read. Tweak. Repeat.

:)

Last edited:
I love our Kraton as much as anyone, so much that Im looking to get a second one in the form of the EXB.

But looking at it overall....I would basically be "in" for the same amount as a Tekno MT410. Maybe a little more $$$ on the Tekno side (since Id need a body....already have wheels/tires).

So....assuming the $$ is a wash, what does everyone think about the MT410 vs the EXB? I know Kraton RTR vs MT410 is a no-brainer....but a Kraton roller vs a Tekno "slider" seems not such a no-brainer to me.

Has anyone cross-shopped them lately?
What have you gone with in the end?
I am in a similar position, Both the kraton exb and the tekno look so cool...

Some food for thought.
My Tekno MT ended up being close to $1400. Not including the Radio set. Yes that includes every nickel spent right down to the 4 Avid Titanium Domed Droop screws, complete Tekno Delrin shock upgrade parts, and alloy shock caps. I originally had a $1k budget. But you always go over that. And there are still some options I can get.... but in retrospect don't "require" them after 3 years of bashing. You have to $Cap$ your build at some point... to buy another rig.:ROFLMAO:
To me what makes the EXB special are the limited slip diffs.
Anyone owning a Kraton RTR for quite a while like myself, knows upgrade parts were always there, M2C and others.
If you are getting your first Arrma 6S rig, and considering the RTR Kraton, the EXB is the best bet currently, dollar for dollar. Because with the RTR version, everyone drops the radio and even the electrics/servo at some point. The idea of getting a RTR Kraton will end up being a moot point. All the RTR stuff will be yanked out anyway. Just get the EXB roller from the get go.

Last edited:
Some food for thought.
My Tekno MT ended up being close to $1400. Not including the Radio set. Yes that includes every nickel spent right down to the 4 Avid Titanium Domed Droop screws, complete Tekno Delrin shock upgrade parts, and alloy shock caps. I originally had a $1k budget. But you always go over that. And there are still some options I can get.... but in retrospect don't "require" them after 3 years of bashing. You have to $Cap$ your build at some point... to buy another rig.:ROFLMAO:
Mine was 600€ including radio, mostly second hand. Last week i had to buy a replacment Max8 because of a loose connection on the previous one. So that was an additional 120€.
Not kitted out as decadently as yours :D But it gets the job done.

If you don't care about building the kit yourself, then the second hand market is great for the MT410. Much better than for used Arrma/Traxxas rigs, at least over here.

^^^ @rflx, you are lucky, a used Tekno MT is a great bargain only IF you can find one. Not many are selling them off. But they are out there.
:cool:I find that the crappy stuff is usually sold off in general. However these days many people are just liquidating because they need the money. Times are tough for us all.

I love our Kraton as much as anyone, so much that Im looking to get a second one in the form of the EXB.

But looking at it overall....I would basically be "in" for the same amount as a Tekno MT410. Maybe a little more $$$ on the Tekno side (since Id need a body....already have wheels/tires).

So....assuming the $$ is a wash, what does everyone think about the MT410 vs the EXB? I know Kraton RTR vs MT410 is a no-brainer....but a Kraton roller vs a Tekno "slider" seems not such a no-brainer to me.

Alot of people on here saying on the tekno because you already have the kraton well trust me when i say this the exb is a hole nother beast compared to a rtr kraton it's much better ar handling and just so so much more durable. So with that being said i have a tekno mt410 and i have a kraton exb as well as a kraton rtr v2 6s and the exb is by far my favorite rc ive ever owned don't get me wrong the mt410 is nice but it's not as tough as the exb i mean it can be made as tough but main thing on the mt410 is the small driveshafts they constantly bend and this is a huge downfall on this truck that is claimed to be the best basher in its class. Since getting my exb i don't even use the tekno

I know my previous response is probably to late now but i really hope you went with the exb

Honestly forgot about starting this thread :)

So after a few comments here mentioned that the MT410 is more akin to the Outcast, I started looking at used Outcasts. Ended up with (what I feel like) a great deal on a lightly used, heavily modded Outcast 6S. Im sure the diffs are more flaky than the MT for sure, but I couldnt really pass up the deal.

Played with it a few times since then and its a blast! Wheelie machine (vs the Kraton which is much more stable). Its a little bit to get used to, but on 4S I find it perfect....not too crazy but enough power to get it to have some fun.

Alot of people on here saying on the tekno because you already have the kraton well trust me when i say this the exb is a hole nother beast compared to a rtr kraton it's much better ar handling and just so so much more durable. So with that being said i have a tekno mt410 and i have a kraton exb as well as a kraton rtr v2 6s and the exb is by far my favorite rc ive ever owned don't get me wrong the mt410 is nice but it's not as tough as the exb i mean it can be made as tough but main thing on the mt410 is the small driveshafts they constantly bend and this is a huge downfall on this truck that is claimed to be the best basher in its class. Since getting my exb i don't even use the tekno

I know my previous response is probably to late now but i really hope you went with the exb
I've never seen someone recommend a Kraton over a Tekno. Tekno seems to be the pinnacle of bashers.

I've never seen someone recommend a Kraton over a Tekno. Tekno seems to be the pinnacle of bashers.
I ended up with an outcast.

Heavily weighing on the decision is that I can share parts between my son's kraton and my outcast.

I figure stuff on the tekno could break too but then I would have to stock those parts too.

I also figured I wouldn't be able to bring myself to bashing with a truck I would put so much time and effort into building!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back