Kraton Hood Scoop

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cobalt172

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
Has anyone thought of using a 90 degree pipe and putting it through the body and have it dump air onto your motor or ESC?

I have some black plumbing angled pipes and I think that would not only look cool, but at high speed, could push some serious fresh air onto your motor or ESC?

Tbh I always would just cut a hole in the windshield. (Body is used on my senton 6s)
image.jpg

I think I will go ahead and do this.

Im thinking of just cutting a hole, just enough for the pipe to fit in and dump air onto the motor, then use a glue gun or just some CA glue to hold it there

I think I will go ahead and do this.

Im thinking of just cutting a hole, just enough for the pipe to fit in and dump air onto the motor, then use a glue gun or just some CA glue to hold it there
I wanna see you succeed. It’d be pretty stylish too.

What if you can mount it to the chassis somewhere so it sits up through the hole in the hood without adding stress to the body. I would have to think about this but it sounds like an interesting challenge.

Just finished making this wing for my rampage XBE.... Next is hood scoop for the XBE and da kraton
Im thinking of "attaching" the scooping device (most likely and 90 pvc pipe) to the body of the car with a glue gun and just making a hole through the body

Attachments

• car.jpg
    car.jpg
    334.9 KB · Views: 66
The only issue I foresee with a scoop is you are providing a direct path for dirt to be deposited on your esc, you'll need some sort of screen to keep larger objects out otherwise you could end up with pebbles or small sticks getting stuck in your esc fan.

Not gonna do the ESC I am gonna do the motor first. But that is a valid concern,
I'm more concerned with the esc, that one can can only keep it so cool. Surprisingly the dual fans work pretty good on the motor, if you could bring fresh air to both that'd be ideal ;)

Has anyone thought of using a 90 degree pipe and putting it through the body and have it dump air onto your motor or ESC?

I have some black plumbing angled pipes and I think that would not only look cool, but at high speed, could push some serious fresh air onto your motor or ESC?
I realize this is a old ass thread but I'm gonna reply any ways..since I like to revive dead threads..yes I have thought the same thing on my big rock.thinking of installing a tube to my hoodscoop I'm making and putting that tube over my esc .even at low speeds the air flow would be the same as my little stock fan that's over it now..also thought just leaving my stock fan on and having it pull fresh air from the front while I do speed passes.so kinda cool that you thought the same

Yup, I like old threads too. Some good info pops up that you may have never seen. That said, this one’s been dead for two years and he never posted a follow up. I’ve thought of ducting air into my bashers as well, specifically my Mojave. That’s my heaviest Arrma by far, and it does tend to run a bit on the warm side, even with fans. Maybe I’ll revive this thread again when I finally get around to doing it, lol. 👍

Wasup dan.guess I'm not the only one popping into a old thread 😁🤟
Yup, I like old threads too. Some good info pops up that you may have never seen. That said, this one’s been dead for two years and he never posted a follow up. I’ve thought of ducting air into my bashers as well, specifically my Mojave. That’s my heaviest Arrma by far, and it does tend to run a bit on the warm side, even with fans. Maybe I’ll revive this thread again when I finally get around to doing it, lol. 👍
Ok but I might start one soon because I'm almost done making my cowl hood on my build so I might try making a few tubes or make a duct .then connect them to the scoop.like ram air induction.what would be ideal is having a fan inside the scoop connected to a duct or tube going to another fan to the esc or even motors.🤔 @Tex Koder could make something 3d printed

Last edited:
If I may offer an alternative idea to the hood scoop. Has anyone ever considered cutting out a bit of the grille and using mesh? If you're okay with 3d printed parts, there's a guy that makes fan ducts for the 3s and 6s line.

It's a pretty straight cut idea .I mean there isn't much to getting the set up done.not a lot of thinking involved.i mean really the only thinking in this type of project would be the mounting of the fan and and running the tubing or making the duct work to the esc.then the mounting of that.point is to get that fresh air to the esc .keep it cooler.natural A/C..Ive seen people running fans through the back window of some rc trucks .cools the interior.

If I may offer an alternative idea to the hood scoop. Has anyone ever considered cutting out a bit of the grille and using mesh? If you're okay with 3d printed parts, there's a guy that makes fan ducts for the 3s and 6s line.
Yeah, I thought of that too late after I finished the last body. I have a big clear panel as a lens for the big light bar behind my bumper, so I don’t have much room to cut in a screened area.

I actually thought of that but since I have other plans for the grill I rather actually use the hood scoop and make it a real ram air .when I complete customizing the nose I want to paint the body and add racing strips so I need the front grill to be a solid peice .I'm also extending the grill along with adding a third row of fog lights.im basically extending the nose in the front.as for the scoop I can place a small fan sucking that air from the scoop down to the esc.ill have to do research on a flexible plastic hose .I don't want to much weight.when I worked in the body shop we used this flex plastic tubing that people use to cover wires up with.comes in different colors .that could work .I would just need to find the right size .I only delt with a small 1/4 inch size so not sure if it's made in other sizes
Actually yeah a fan duct like a neck on top of the fan would be perfect then all you would need to do is attach the tube over the neck and secure it with a zip tei .😁in your choice of color.so
2 fans
2 fans ducts
2 zip ties
And
1 flex tube.and 💥💥💥💥 project done..😁🤟
And hardware. For the fan ducts.ok guys get to it👍

Last edited:
Yeah, I thought of that too late after I finished the last body. I have a big clear panel as a lens for the big light bar behind my bumper, so I don’t have much room to cut in a screened area.

On my Mojave I cut out the faux fans in the rear window deck and glued screen to the inside. It does help let some heat out. Might have to revisit the intake idea though. The terrain I drive in it might be like shovelling dirt directly in though.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back