Hoon Life Expectancy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

419RC

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Notorious
  3. Senton 3s
What kind of life are people seeing out of Hoons? I have a Senton converted to a BRCC and ran my SC Duratrax Speedhawks on it and it was a BLAST. I love the looks of the Hoons and want to get the larger Felony rear Hoons and what wondering if they last much longer than the standard Duratrax or Proline street tires.

*EDIT* I will clarify I am just looking for street bashing

Last edited:
For bashing and drifting I've heard as little as a pack or two. For speed running I ran mine for a good couple months and had very little wear at all. A lot of guys suggest the harder GRP's like S7 compound as they tend to last longer and I believe are cheaper also👍

What does Hoons mean? 🤣 Im from Germany and not that fluent in rc slang.

It’s a type of tire, found on the infraction, limitless and felony.

Ah now i get it. Its a Name. Translation tells me its australian slang for ruthless driving.
That is where the name comes from! Check out the official Arrma videos on the Infraction. That driving is called "Hooning around"

I get about 8 runs out of my tires. I am not a total honnigan. 😁

I get about 8 runs out of my tires. I am not a total honnigan. 😁

WOW...wish I could on the Infraction... out the gate I am full throttle bash/drifting and 1 and maybe 2 bashes with the heat. 90 deg at 7p and the asphalt is so hot just melting the tires off....

WOW...wish I could on the Infraction... out the gate I am full throttle bash/drifting and 1 and maybe 2 bashes with the heat. 90 deg at 7p and the asphalt is so hot just melting the tires off....

That's insane! At that price it no less than 35-40 per session! I would never run my car. Haha.

Definitely depends on how I drive. I can cook a set in a single set of packs, but I've also made the last for several packs. I recommend harder tires for bashing and softer for speed runs. The harder tires will last longer.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back