Hoonitron - Giant RC car 😂🤣

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rcproponent

RCP
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
Check it out… it’s a giant RC car.. lol

1671188146203.jpeg

It is indeed. Man...I'm a huge fan of Ken Block and I love the whole Gymkhana series...and I find the performance of that Audi deeply impressive. But...I just cannot connect with the sound those things make. They sound like an answering machine being raped by a 1/4" reel-2-reel...and one of them has asthma...and the other took a hit of helium...and all that was recorded back onto the reel-2-reel---and someone is constantly changing the playback speed.

To me the supercharged 1400hp Hoonicorn was the pinnacle. Like said, I find the Audi impressive as hell but, I can't help but think that if I had the chance of riding shotgun with Ken, the sound would distract me to no end. I think that's what it must sound like when the clockwork elves pull you through the fabric of space-time to a crescendo of 10,000 tearing sheets of cellophane.

It is indeed. Man...I'm a huge fan of Ken Block and I love the whole Gymkhana series...and I find the performance of that Audi deeply impressive. But...I just cannot connect with the sound those things make. They sound like an answering machine being raped by a 1/4" reel-2-reel...and one of them has asthma...and the other took a hit of helium...and all that was recorded back onto the reel-2-reel---and someone is constantly changing the playback speed.

To me the supercharged 1400hp Hoonicorn was the pinnacle. Like said, I find the Audi impressive as hell but, I can't help but think that if I had the chance of riding shotgun with Ken, the sound would distract me to no end. I think that's what it must sound like when the clockwork elves pull you through the fabric of space-time to a crescendo of 10,000 tearing sheets of cellophane.
🤔 vrvrvrvrvrvzzzzzzzzzzeeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiiiii!!!!!
You mean like that? Yup, I need to watch in action.

Not to worry about the sounds they make now...
They Will eventually get them to sound like the BTTF Delorean hitting 88MPH 😉

Not to worry about the sounds they make now...
They Will eventually get them to sound like the BTTF Delorean hitting 88MPH 😉
That would be sooooo cool!

Agree nothing beats the sound of real engine done up with a turbo/supercharger and nice throaty exhaust

Call me old fashioned..
But, Those sounds from the twin turbos spooling up in the old gen3 RX-7 still gets all me roused up every time I hear them.

Call me old fashioned..
But, Those sounds from the twin turbos spooling up in the old gen3 RX-7 still gets all me roused up every time I hear them.
Ever since I heard the Mazda 787b in the Grand Turismo game I will never forget the sound of that 4 rotor engine. Offensive, exciting, intoxicating and just plain evil sounding all at once IMO!!

KB is a pimp.
His level of car control is otherworldly.
Ever since I heard the Mazda 787b in the Grand Turismo game I will never forget the sound of that 4 rotor engine. Offensive, exciting, intoxicating and just plain evil sounding all at once IMO!!
Dude, thanks for sharing that. I’d never heard one before. That thing is nasty!!!

Check it out… it’s a giant RC car.. lol

View attachment 262959

Well modern cars l/trucks like my Infiniti M37 have no mechanical connection to the break system and accelerator. Some vehicles have electric steering too. So isn't that just a Gian RC too? Everything is fly by wire. The only difference between an RC and a real car is that we sit in it. And some cars can be driven remotely for that reason already. So now I consider everything RC 🤣:

Call me old fashioned..
I used to own a 3rd gen Rx7, loved the sound of those turbos & when the second one kicked in. I did end up swapping out to a large single turbo, but that car was fun. Until a buddy stole it & started parting it out.....still miss that car.

Long story, but at the end he got busted & I got the car back in pieces. He ended up getting charged with possesion of stolen goods, got community service, & I received $100 in restitution from him.

I put the car back together best I could, was still missing quite a few parts, sold it & between what insurance gave me & what I sold it for bought a Viper.

About 13 years ago I had bought a 13b rotary motor and was designing a coupler to link 2 of them together because I could not afford 60k for a 26b motor.
Ultimately I abandoned the project and sold the motor off, but there is no sound like a peripheral ported 4 rotor except for formula 1.

Long story, but at the end he got busted & I got the car back in pieces. He ended up getting charged with possesion of stolen goods, got community service, & I received $100 in restitution from him.

I put the car back together best I could, was still missing quite a few parts, sold it & between what insurance gave me & what I sold it for bought a Viper.

Talk about turning lemons to lemonade..
Now That's an impressive turn of events 💪

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back