Hoons vs GRP's

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is this going up by speed cap?
This is just my opinion having them in my hands and putting them down the road. The Gone Bananas I have are very similar to my BSR Purple as far as foam is concerned. That style is what I feel goes down my road the best for me. It’s a firm dense foam. The BSR XX Pink I have, as well as the Sweeps and Contacts, seem less dense. The less dense chunk out easier in my experience. I prefer the more dense for speed runs.

ok. 😂

Should I do Gone Bananas if I am going to go 140+?
Speed running is done best in baby steps.
Getting a car over 100 is step one.
Then work towards 120+

Generally those first 2 steps are best done with GRP Rubber tires.

There absolutely will be crashing along the way and GRPs tend to last better than foams during your learning period.

Once you get near 130 then its time to go to foams.

Speed running is done best in baby steps.
Getting a car over 100 is step one.
Then work towards 120+

Generally those first 2 steps are best done with GRP Rubber tires.

There absolutely will be crashing along the way and GRPs tend to last better than foams during your learning period.

Once you get near 130 then its time to go to foams.
I think I am going to use Hoons to 120 (since that is what I have on hand) and I think I will get some gone bananas for 130+ ( the guy that had the car before me had it to 127 on Hoons.

This is just my opinion having them in my hands and putting them down the road. The Gone Bananas I have are very similar to my BSR Purple as far as foam is concerned. That style is what I feel goes down my road the best for me. It’s a firm dense foam. The BSR XX Pink I have, as well as the Sweeps and Contacts, seem less dense. The less dense chunk out easier in my experience. I prefer the more dense for speed runs.
My BSR 1/10 XXX Pinks have chucnked real easy myself. >4 pound Pan car and all. XXX Pinks are the most dense you will get. I don't know how they translate to a 40 Shore hardness compound foamie.

My BSR 1/10 XXX Pinks have chucnked real easy myself. >4 pound Pan car and all. XXX Pinks are the most dense you will get. I don't know how they translate to a 40 Shore hardness compound foamie.
Purple are called 40-ish 🤣

Silly question.... are the other brands like GRP slicks, BSR, GB, etc. directional (meaning must be mounted on correct side of RC) like Hoons?

Silly question.... are the other brands like GRP slicks, BSR, GB, etc. directional (meaning must be mounted on correct side of RC) like Hoons?
Not that I am aware of.
From what I have seen on Hoons blowing out the inner belting does not appear to have any directional bias

I have about 15/20 runs on my latest grps (s4) between 140 and 146 mph.

Properly ran in, glued and balanced.
But saying that im ready to move onto a new set now and tbrow these onto my 4s typhon.

Theres definatly risk in using grp at speed tho.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back