Horizon bought out arrma right? Worries help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spence

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Hi all, I am aware I think Horizon hobby bought arrma, but I heard they are killing arrma from somebody?

Thanks
-Spence

Only certain models are getting the axe. Nero, Nero Big Rock, Nero Fazon, 2wd Granite, Fury, Vortex to name a few.

Is the Nero lineup discontinued altogether or just in North America?
As far as I am aware all together. Page 52 of the actuall document not the pdf http://upshotservices.s3.amazonaws....d7f7/1c326b46-81f2-4186-a734-bec87b322266.pdf
Traxxas Alleged Infringing Assets
SKU Accused Instrumentality
AR320169 Radio/Receiver Box Sets
AR320248 Radio/Receiver Box Sets
AR320011 Radio/Receiver Box Sets
AR106009 Nero 6S BLX
AR106011 Nero 6S BLX
AR106017 Nero Big Rock 6S BLX
AR106020 Fazon 6S BLX
AR102602 RAIDER MEGA BRSHD NIMH
AR102656 RAIDER MEGA BRSHD NIMH
AR102601 VORTEKS MEGA BRSHD NIMH
AR102655 VORTEKS MEGA BRSHD NIMH
AR102603 GRANITE MEGA BRSHD NIMH
AR102604 GRANITE MEGA BRSHD NIMH
AR102657 GRANITE MEGA BRSHD NIMH
AR102605 FURY MEGA WITH NIMH
AR102606 FURY MEGA WITH NIMH
AR102651 FURY MEGA WITH NIMH
AR102613 RAIDER BLS WITH NIMH
AR102614 RAIDER BLS WITH NIMH
AR102611 VORTEKS BLS WITH NIMH
AR102612 VORTEKS BLS WITH NIMH
AR102615 GRANITE BLS WITH NIMH
AR102616 GRANITE BLS WITH NIMH
AR102617 FURY BLS WITH NIMH
AR102618 FURY BLS WITH NIMH
AR102660
AR102660 GRANITE BLX W/O BATT
AR106002 TYPHON 6S BLX 1/8 4WD RTR
AR106013 TYPHON 6S BLX 1/8 4WD RTR
AR106015 KRATON 6S BLX 1/8 4WD RTR
AR106018 KRATON 6S BLX 1/8 4WD RTR
AR106014 TALION 6S BLX 1/8 RTR
AR102654 SENTON 6S 4WD SC BLX
AR106007 SENTON 6S 4WD SC BLX
AR106021 AR106021 OUTCAST TRK SLVR
AR102646 RAIDER XL BLX W/4600
AR102626 GRANITE BLX W/NIMH
AR102627 FURY BLX 2WD W/NIMH
AR102661 2016 FURY BLX W/O BATT RTR
AR106005 KRATON 6S BLX 1/8 4WD RTR
AR106006 KRATON 6S BLX 1/8 4WD RTR
AR106003 TALION 6S BLX 1/8 RTR
AR106027 OUTCAST 6S STUNT TRK 1/8 4WD
AR102642 1/8 RAIDER XL MEGA 2WD
AR102662 RAIDER XL BLX W/O BATT 2WD RTR
DIDE02BB Dromida Ominus
DIDE02RR Dromida Ominus
DIDE02YY Dromida Ominus
DIDE03BB Dromida Vista UAV
DIDE03GG Dromida Vista UAV
DIDE03RR Dromida Vista UAV
DIDE03WW Dromida Vista UAV
DIDE04NN Dromida Vista FPV
DIDE04YY Dromida Vista FPV
DIDE04BB Dromida Vista FPV
DIDE04GG Dromida Vista FPV
DIDE05BB Dromida XL UAV
DIDE05GG Dromida XL UAV
DIDE05RR Dromida XL UAV
DIDE05NN Dromida XL UAV
DIDE06BB Dromida XL FPV
DIDE06GG Dromida XL FPV
DIDE06RR Dromida XL FPV
DIDE06NN Dromida XL FPV
AR340092 Steering Parts Set
DIDE1183 LED Arm Covers
DIDE1184 LED Arm Covers
DIDE1185 LED Arm Covers
DIDE1186 LED Arm Covers
DIDM1110 E-Boards
DIDM1111 E-Boards
DIDM1112 E-Boards
DIDM1113 E-Boards
DIDM1214 E-Boards
DIDM1215 E-Boards

Do note that the Kraton, Senton, Typhon, Talion and Outcast listed here are the old V1 and V2 models. As far as I am aware these are the only Arrma models that will be continued going forward. https://www.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bi...MANUFACTURER=ARA&submit=Submit+AdvancedSearch

Do note that the Kraton, Senton, Typhon, Talion and Outcast listed here are the old V1 and V2 models. As far as I am aware these are the only Arrma models that will be continued going forward. https://www.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bi...MANUFACTURER=ARA&submit=Submit+AdvancedSearch

#6slick2500, Yesterday at 11:45 PM

For me these are all of the models I am interested in. Of course if I could buy a new Nero with parts support I would likely jump all over it. Not sure why Horizon Hobbies would not consider perhaps a licence agreement with Traxxas so that they could continue to sell such a well regarded and developed model. While my suggestion sounds kind of crazy Ford did something similar years ago with their Escape Hybrid. They did their own development work but in the end their Hybrid design was very similar to Toyota's so they chose to pay money to Toyota so as to not have a patent disagreement.

I am hopeful the well regarded BLX 1/8 lineup will continue to be sold and evolve. These seem to be the models that have really solidified Arrma's reputation for Bashers.

From what I see Arrma should be able to fit in nicely in the Horizon Hobby hierarchy. The Losi 3XLE is a decent jump in price from the Arrma 1/8 stuff so there is enough of a price difference for Arrma to exist and not step on Losi's toes. Above ECX but below Losi. I am hopeful that Arrma will get better now that the dust is starting to settle.

All the list of discontinued models are junk, keep the new 4x4 1/10 and the 1/8 v3 will keep going those are the good stuff.

From what I understand, the traxxas lawsuit only affects the distribution of the Nero/Fazon in the US. Hobbico did not own Arrma, just the distribution rights in the US (please correct me if I am wrong). So the list of "discontinued models" is moreso a list of models no longer allowed to be sold in there current form in the US. Indeed, these brands can be and are being sold in Europe and other countries. Here is for example a UK site selling the "outlawed" models...

http://www.cmldistribution.co.uk/brands/arrma

Australia..

https://www.southernmodels.com.au/index.php?route=product/category&path=23_464

Belgium...

https://www.promodels.be/Car-Kits/Arrma/Arrma-Car-Kits/

You get the picture.

I am assuming therefore that GLOBALLY parts will continue to be available. I realize the cost of said parts may increase, but if you just bought a Fazon/Nero then at least part support will continue and even moreso hopefully the after market will continue. Moreover, I live in Canada, and often ordering parts from Chinese/HK vendors is actually cheaper than the US due to taxes and tariffs.

I don't know if the products are shite, but GPM still sells a ton of upgrades for the Nero...

https://www.gpmparts.com/gpm-racing-arrma-nero-6s-blx-monster-truck-c-1532_4405_4406.html

Arguably, if you could get a screaming deal on a Nero/Fazon from someone jumping ship due to the lawsuit - I suspect you will continue to be well supported although not at the local hobby shop level.

Just spitballin - but presuming the V1 Nero/Fazon continues globally...do you think they will then release a V2 with the necessary changes to make the truck "Traxxas compliant"???

Just a thought!

Ah right, the lawsuite is only affecting US. That is great news, I live in the The Netherlands and the distributor is located in Belgium from what I see on their website.

Where do you buy arrma parts in Chinese/HK shops?

Sucks the nero, big rock, and others got the axe, those were awesome trucks, still very happy with my kraton :). Hehe funny thing, I just purchased a traxxas slash 2wd brushed :D

IMHO Traxxas 2-wheel vehicles are the best product they make. My son has a grave digger, that is nigh indestructible. Even the original Titan motor hasn't burnt out yet. Going on 5 years! With just a little customizing they're awesome... I put a ProLine protrac kit in and it handles much better and way less tippy.

IMHO Traxxas 2-wheel vehicles are the best product they make. My son has a grave digger, that is nigh indestructible. Even the original Titan motor hasn't burnt out yet. Going on 5 years! With just a little customizing they're awesome... I put a ProLine protrac kit in and it handles much better and way less tippy.

I have a sorta local rc track that does rc crawling, and short course racing of all kinds, 2wd slash stock racing, mod, 4wd etc.... Tons of classes lol

I have my titan 12t geared 17t/90

Even for kicks, I take my 6s kraton on the track lmao, that is a good time!! After I ran it on 6s once, I never put 4s back in my kraton haha

Rcmart - US/UK/HK just an example - sure there are others

RCMart is awesome! I just happened to use them on a part for my Rustler because they were cheapest and the parts go here to me in Canada quicker than parts coming from the U.S.

Some of the Yeah Racing parts and tools they sell are excellent value for the money.

The Traxxas 1/10 scale stuff is weak sauce out of the box but with mods they can be made into fun and tough RCs for 3S use. While I am joining the Arrma family soon I do not get all the Traxxas hate. They have their flaws but the amount of parts and aftermarket support is pretty tremendous.

The Traxxas 1/10 scale stuff is weak sauce out of the box but with mods they can be made into fun and tough RCs for 3S use. While I am joining the Arrma family soon I do not get all the Traxxas hate. They have their flaws but the amount of parts and aftermarket support is pretty tremendous.

I and many others are pissed that traxxas holds the right to their own pushrod suspension design so firmly which is what caused the lawsuit when they saw how the nero, and fazon have the same suspension and locking diffs...

And a lot of it is the fact that traxxas was even allowed to copyright or trademark the suspension that was used for decades in real cars and for years in other rc cars. At that point, the traxxas request should have been shot down for being an existing design but the judges and lawyers don't know anything about cars or rc cars. But that's what you get when you have judges and lawyers that don't specialize in anything except for finding loopholes in the law making the decisions of what is an original idea or concept.

The traxxas v hobbico lawsuit was just pathetic... Get a life traxxas keep selling your rc's. Our world is full of stupid people including the folks at traxxas with their lawyers that will sue sue sue at the drop of a hat... Traxxas has always been a hot seller! So I really don't see the need for this behavior!

As many others have said, idk why that pushrod suspension design is everywhere, I bet traxxas just has powerful lawyers so they win no matter what!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back