Horizon bought out arrma right? Worries help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I looked at both the traxxas e-revo 2.0 and the Arrma Outcast as potential purchases, and because of the sour the taste traxxas lawsuit left in my mouth regarding the BLX200 series of offerings, I decided to go with Arrma. I don't think traxxas lawyers realized the cost/damage/backlash their actions against the best interests of the hobby have cost them. As a result I will never spend a dollar buying anything associated with their brand.

Also of note, it seems as if their newest revo is too fragile for my driving style anyway.

The Traxxas 1/10 scale stuff is weak sauce out of the box but with mods they can be made into fun and tough RCs for 3S use. While I am joining the Arrma family soon I do not get all the Traxxas hate. They have their flaws but the amount of parts and aftermarket support is pretty tremendous.

I looked at both the traxxas e-revo 2.0 and the Arrma Outcast as potential purchases, and because of the sour the taste traxxas lawsuit left in my mouth regarding the BLX200 series of offerings, I decided to go with Arrma. I don't think traxxas lawyers realized the cost/damage/backlash their actions against the best interests of the hobby have cost them. As a result I will never spend a dollar buying anything associated with their brand.

Also of note, it seems as if their newest revo is too fragile for my driving style anyway.

Yea I agree, this hobby is about selling a product that is fun, for fun, not blood! Good choice
Only traxxas I got is my 2wd slash for stock class racing, Proud owner of axial, and my v2 arrma kraton 6s

And a lot of it is the fact that traxxas was even allowed to copyright or trademark the suspension that was used for decades in real cars and for years in other rc cars. At that point, the traxxas request should have been shot down for being an existing design but the judges and lawyers don't know anything about cars or rc cars. But that's what you get when you have judges and lawyers that don't specialize in anything except for finding loopholes in the law making the decisions of what is an original idea or concept.

Yeah, a lwayers #1 job is to generate billable hours for more Lawyers. The Patent system is a great example of this. IMHO, both HPI and Hobbico saw that the Traxxas patents were full of schite, and could beat them. The bigger problem, both ran out of money before the Lawyers could finish playing their game. Winner, Traxxas. Horizon Hobbies, when faced with the same game, settled the suit quickly, and both HH and the Twin Hammers lives on. Winner HH.

The traxxas v hobbico lawsuit was just pathetic...
As many others have said, idk why that pushrod suspension design is everywhere, I bet traxxas just has powerful lawyers so they win no matter what!

Actually, as far as I know, they have not 'won' in court yet. Horizon Hobbies settled out of court (and the twin hammers still lives with the lay down shocks) and both HPI and Hobbico went belly up before their cases could make it thru the legal system. While I agree this is three 'practical' wins for Traxxas, the reality is they have never had a judgment in their favor.

IMHO Traxxas 2-wheel vehicles are the best product they make. My son has a grave digger, that is nigh indestructible. Even the original Titan motor hasn't burnt out yet. Going on 5 years! With just a little customizing they're awesome... I put a ProLine protrac kit in and it handles much better and way less tippy.
Wow! That's a long time on one brushed motor.
I figure if a 12T brushed lives for 20 runs, it's outlived its useful life.

Actually, as far as I know, they have not 'won' in court yet. Horizon Hobbies settled out of court (and the twin hammers still lives with the lay down shocks) and both HPI and Hobbico went belly up before their cases could make it thru the legal system. While I agree this is three 'practical' wins for Traxxas, the reality is they have never had a judgment in their favor.

Welcome to the legal system of patent and copyright law.
I can still hear my Business Law prof teaching us patents are hollow until they are tested in court.
And patent infringement law is the most expensive of all litigation.
We all know Hobbico was bleeding.
As Hobbico was attempting to apply a tourniquet to stop the bleeding, Traxxas came along and slit the Hobbico carotid with the lawsuit.
Hobbico did not have the resources to go the long haul, Traxxas did.
This is the justice system we're talking about, right and wrong do not matter.
He with the most cash wins.

Yep, just put in a castle 3800 sensored motor... But the Titan still works! Again every now and then you get lucky.

Last edited:
Yep, just put in a castle 3800 sensors motor... But the Titan still works! Again every now and then you get lucky.

I put a Sidewinder 3 [before there were 4's] with the 3800kv into my Slash and Loving it!
It was doing okay on 18/90, but when switched to 16/90, wow!
I gained so much control!
Only prob seems to be, there is so little contact mesh on the gear combo, the plastic spur gears have short life, especially when making so many quick stops and starts.

I had one that was over 3 years old before it let out the magic smoke. The next one I bought lasted about 6 months.

I really think horizon buying arrma is going to be a great thing. Parts, more minds together on innovation etc.

I really think horizon buying arrma is going to be a great thing. Parts, more minds together on innovation etc.
I seriously don't think they need it Arrma HQ is packed with innovate people. Just look at what they have done lately
The only step backwards is the rubbish radio.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back