Horizon Hobbies places bid on Hobbico

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hobbico didn't own Futaba, just the USA / NA distribution rights. Maybe they will drop distribution. Or they may decided to keep distribution, just not list them at Horizonhobbies.com? Humm...

Before the Bankruptsy, I heard Duratrax was on the chopping block. If they were one of the losing money brands, I could see it going away.

IMHO, Arrma hits ECX and Losi both, and hard. With Arrma growing like it has the past few years, I don't see them killing it, but how will they integrate it? Will be interesting.

Like Axial vs Vaterra.
Thanks for the updates.
I see Losi staying, it is the only Short Course RC in the line-up between Horizon and Hobbico that is competitive.
Losi, Team Associated and Traxxas are the podium brands, from my experience.
Arrma and ECX are bashers.

Thanks for the updates.
I see Losi staying, it is the only Short Course RC in the line-up between Horizon and Hobbico that is competitive.
Losi, Team Associated and Traxxas are the podium brands, from my experience.
Arrma and ECX are bashers.
I would personally say that Team Losi Racing kits, like the Ten SCTE, are for racing and Losi, like the Tenacity is for bashing. So they have both racing and bashing covered, but that's my opinion.

From what I've heard hobbico is looking for a minimum bid of 38 million for rights to everything there distribution,manufacture patient rights. I was hoping for a reputable company to offer a bid and get the ball back rolling for us we will just have to c if they except such a low bid I think hobbico will have to sell off individual sectors of the company unless a Corp. Comes through with the 38 million they are asking for. I thought the bidding didn't start until the 26th of this month horizon hobby must be showing their inteest by setting a bid 3 days before it' supposed to start in Illinois.
It doesn't matter if Hobbico doesn't want to except the offer, the judge already ruled in favor of Horizon Hobbies bid of 18,800,000. They will finalize it Friday!!! I am glad Horizon Hobbies purchased them, I don't personally own any of Horizon's vehicles, but there's many I would like to add to my collection, especially the 3XL-E, & a Losi 8 kit. I think Horizon will at least maintain the same durability, listen to the customers just like ARRMA did, after a few years if holding it steady while making profit, they will role out some better, more powerful and durable!!! That's what I am hoping for, & I do hate that it's guaranteed that Hobbico employees will lose their jobs, Hobbico is ranked in the top 25 places to work which means that the majority of their employees have been there a long time, Hobbico management literally drove that place in the ground, you know they were making a killing the entire time, they just paid themselves a large sum of money, they could have had written that every employee gets to keep their jobs, but they just turned there backs on the people that really made that place flow so well, getting everyone's parts there faster than anyone

Just received the following email:

Important Notice Regarding the Sale of Your Personal Information and Your Right to Opt-out

Your request to opt out must be received no later than April 6, 2018.

After the opt-out deadline, Horizon Hobby has offered to conduct a sweepstakes for Tower Hobbies customers who decline to opt-out as a thank you for your interest. We thank you for your past patronage and hope you will always continue to enjoy the RC hobby.

Sincerely,
Tower Hobbies

I got this email ON April 6th around 4pm, Not that I want to opt out, but if I did surely couldn't mail in my request. Phone center probably was closed or near closing as well, o'well. Here's to new things, I hope they can get the parts flowing soon!

I got this email ON April 6th around 4pm, Not that I want to opt out, but if I did surely couldn't mail in my request. Phone center probably was closed or near closing as well, o'well. Here's to new things, I hope they can get the parts flowing soon!

Trust me woodie I do to parts aree holding up my ability to finish my outcast project

I took the opt in option.
Why not? Horizon is a good outfit, I've bought all my Spektrum Tx/Rx's from them and they're great.
If they want to see I have Arrmas and what else, fine.

Horizon already has my personal information, I bought my Summit from them, they even gave me a $50 refund because it was the wrong color. Ordered a green one but the box had a red one in it.

I took the opt in option.
Why not? Horizon is a good outfit, I've bought all my Spektrum Tx/Rx's from them and they're great.
If they want to see I have Arrmas and what else, fine.

I remained in as well. I just thought it was funny how the email arrived right at the deadline thats all.

I didn' get the email till the 6th crazy by the time I got to it it was the 8th so wish they would have sent the email a couple days before the deadline not right at the deadline.

Well it's the last week of May I hope to see some progress soon.not much in the hobby shops of the 1/8 scale. Fingers crossed.

Well it's the last week of May I hope to see some progress soon.not much in the hobby shops of the 1/8 scale. Fingers crossed.
Yes, it should get better soon for parts availability. Since you are in Canada, where are you looking for Arrma parts? A Main Hobbies is a good choice & for spare parts also check our jennysrc. If you want to avoid customs, etc, places in Canada that I've used are: Hobby Hobby (Best stocked hobby shop in Canada & free shipping over $199), or Hobby Wholesale (1 of Canada's largest on-line & free shipping over $80). Other choices in Canada maybe worth trying are; Hobby Home, Great Hobbies & Canada Hobbies.

For Lipo batteries in Canada, check out Bego Racing as they carry SMC.

Not sure, but does '68 mean the big FIVE O this year?

Last edited:
Hi

Thats strange there was a bunch of Traxxas parts on T.H. a couple days ago, and now there's nothing. I know H.H. is on good terms with Traxxas and are selling Traxxas products.

I know that they have always had aftermarket parts like Hot Racing and RPM for Traxxas vehicles but I haven't seen any Traxxas brand parts there in awhile. It wouldn't surprise me though if they started carrying them again though now that Horizon is in charge.

It seems Tower Hobbies and Horizon are making progress. Still no Arrma Kratons and others in stock yet but it looks like they are doing something. Tower Hobbies is even going to be part of the Horizon RC Fest on June 1st.

tower-hobbies.jpg

Yeah I saw that, now I know where I'll be buying my Losi DBXL-E lol.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back