Kraton HORIZON HOBBY CUSTOMER SERVICE!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Might have been because they were such new vehicles and didn't have spares handy just yet. That happens with any manufacturer when a new model is released unfortunately.
They actually told me it was do to my error I argued for 2 weeks and finally just gave up I already purchased aftermark parts before they even responded

I can’t say anything bad about them. I call, leave my call back number. They call back in an hour or so, the calls take less than 5 mins. In the past 4 months I have received two servos, a 6S motor, a 3S motor, 3S esc x 2, 6S esc, and aluminum part it was completely missing from my 3S senton out of the box, and now a ttx300 radio/receiver set. I purchased my granite 3S in October of last year and have received three ESC’s for it from them.

I think it’s how you speak to them, your tone of voice and whether you act like a know it all or not. I act like I know nothing and they know everything and they don’t mind working with me. I tell them what diagnostic I have done (thanks to everyone here!) and they are more than happy to tell me their thoughts and honor the warranty.

Also usually get my part at my door within 48 hours of getting off the phone with them. This service is why I own 8 Arrmas and probably won’t look to a another brand in the future.

I think it’s how you speak to them, your tone of voice and whether you act like a know it all or not.
IMO, this x1,000,000,000 is true in most cases. Most of these people - their only job is to answer the calls and emails, which if you've ever done customer service (CS), can be overwhelming at times. It's also true that some CS people are just bad - but they usually won't stay in those positions. Others have bad days, same as anyone else ... in short, we all have bad days but how you speak to someone, your tone and how you act all can make a difference in the outcome.

This service is why I own 8 Arrmas and probably won’t look to a another brand in the future.
I will go out of my way for an organization that has a good product and good customer service.

I can’t say anything bad about them. I call, leave my call back number. They call back in an hour or so, the calls take less than 5 mins. In the past 4 months I have received two servos, a 6S motor, a 3S motor, 3S esc x 2, 6S esc, and aluminum part it was completely missing from my 3S senton out of the box, and now a ttx300 radio/receiver set. I purchased my granite 3S in October of last year and have received three ESC’s for it from them.

I think it’s how you speak to them, your tone of voice and whether you act like a know it all or not. I act like I know nothing and they know everything and they don’t mind working with me. I tell them what diagnostic I have done (thanks to everyone here!) and they are more than happy to tell me their thoughts and honor the warranty.

Also usually get my part at my door within 48 hours of getting off the phone with them. This service is why I own 8 Arrmas and probably won’t look to a another brand in the future.
I have had the same positive experience verbatim. Word for word above same exact process and experience. Sometimes you get someone with less specific knowledge of Arrma rigs, but I find if you spoon feed them the issue with part numbers needed, they always come though.
(y)
If you are angry or negative about you rig being broken and it can happen to everyone from time to time, cool off first and and try to articulate the issue before you call. A cool head always prevails in life.
Sometimes an attitude adjustment works. 21 yoa only. RC responsibly.:unsure:
20190824_185236.jpg

Last edited:
Okay, I have a good one about HH. I sent them an email regarding the two busted wheels on my 3s Typhon. Said they're cracked at the hub and was wondering if they would cover it. In the same email, I mentioned the broken wing, a arms, chassis and steering blocks, but told them not to worry as I knew it was likely my carelessness that caused the damage. They even asked for a pic of the chassis with my obviously brutal repair. It was only the two front wheels I inquired about, expecting they would probably say no because of all the other damage. Again, and I stress this, I did NOT ask for them to replace any of the other parts. I'll include my original request and their reply so you understand. Don't shoot the messenger. I learned a long time ago, not to ask for parts that I broke because of my bad driving. All the parts they are sending, I have already bought through my lhs, Jennys and RPM.
Screenshot_20200115-121359_Yahoo Mail.jpg
Screenshot_20200115-120953_Yahoo Mail.jpg

I probably have 48 6 s tires of 3 diff brands. Mostly Arrma 6s BF. I find that the beads always come unglued. I catch it before they rip apart. I use BSI ICS 2000 rubberized CA. And it helps. But the original ca from the factory always comes apart and some areas don't have any glue. I called Horizon recently and sent pics of clean un glued areas of the bead, and they have a set on the way to me. Normally I don't warranty tires. Never had to. I just buy another set. But clearly there is a mfr defect. I suggest Arrma use less Thread locker and use more tire ca glue. :LOL: (y)
Update:
Fedex just delivered several minutes ago from Horizon H. 1 pair of 6S BF's.( Warranty)
I opened and checked the beads and one tire is missing glue from approx. 25mm at the outer bead.:confused: Now I give credit to Horizon absolutely. No questions asked and sent me a pair. I asked for just one tire. They could have just kept the other tire for another Customers warranty replacement. But unfortunately Arrma tires are not well glued.
If you don't roll back and tug on the bead, you wont see the defect until it blows off and rips apart while bashing. I have some gluing to do. I'll glue all the bead areas regardless and hold my breath again with these.

Has anyone tried the Powerhobby Belted tires??? $120.00/4 tires on AMZ.
20200116_152838.jpg
20200116_153442.jpg
https://www.amazon.com/Powerhobby-S...ma+notorious+tires&qid=1579205330&sr=8-8&th=1

Last edited:
Okay, I have a good one about HH. I sent them an email regarding the two busted wheels on my 3s Typhon. Said they're cracked at the hub and was wondering if they would cover it. In the same email, I mentioned the broken wing, a arms, chassis and steering blocks, but told them not to worry as I knew it was likely my carelessness that caused the damage. They even asked for a pic of the chassis with my obviously brutal repair. It was only the two front wheels I inquired about, expecting they would probably say no because of all the other damage. Again, and I stress this, I did NOT ask for them to replace any of the other parts. I'll include my original request and their reply so you understand. Don't shoot the messenger. I learned a long time ago, not to ask for parts that I broke because of my bad driving. All the parts they are sending, I have already bought through my lhs, Jennys and RPM.View attachment 61061View attachment 61062
Wait they ordered every single part you mentioned to them?? They did the same for my melted diff i needed the sun gear crown gear and yokes they sended me the bearings planet gears, output gears(that i lost?) and the yokes they just forgot the pins lel.
I even said the part numbers i needed but they still sended a whole diff rebuild ?‍♀️ I took them as a gift from them same for the upgraded motor mount they gave me
Traxxas would have left me hangging? And would not listen to a dam thing even if the failure was their fault. Thats what they did to me

Wait they ordered every single part you mentioned to them?? They did the same for my melted diff i needed the sun gear crown gear and yokes they sended me the bearings planet gears, output gears(that i lost?) and the yokes they just forgot the pins lel.
I even said the part numbers i needed but they still sended a whole diff rebuild ?‍♀️ I took them as a gift from them same for the upgraded motor mount they gave me
Traxxas would have left me hangging? And would not listen to a dam thing even if the failure was their fault. Thats what they did to me
Forget about Traxassss. They are warrantyless and clueless.
Like @bicketybam stated prior. Horizon H. has you in their system and based on your frequency of warranty requests and type and how many Arrma Products you own, they will treat you on a case by case basis. But they rarely wont accommodate in some way, unless you are just a plain asshole without a clue. Arrma is one one of their bread and butter brands. They have every reason to support it. They have the absolute best warranty in surface RC. Period. Has anyone ever read a Traxxassss warranty???
I am tempted to post Arrmas warranty on the Traxxasss fanboy forum to see how long it takes to cause mayhem.:ROFLMAO:
I registered with TRX forum as SrC. I am going to post there now.

https://forums.traxxas.com/showthread.php?422156-What-are-the-terms-of-the-traxxas-warranty

Last edited:
I can’t say enough good things about the us horizon last week my esc went bad, I called them they shipped a brand new one out with no questions asked .. This week my motor went bad called them today , they sent a new motor out today without ever sending the broken stuff back ,, Let’s just say they take care their people .. I heard the uk isn’t like that so let’s all just be happy we live in the states ;)))
That's been my experience. They sent me a motor, esc and servo without me having to send anything back.

I just got off the phone with Horizon Hobby support and my new motor is on it's way. I left a call back number and they returned my call in 30 minutes and 5 minutes later warranty approved and done. I already got the email expected delivery 2-4 days. Best warranty in the business :love:(y)

Love the feedback on this forum and all, but if you’ve never gone through traxxas support you can’t badmouth it... that’s just ignorant. Horizon’s support team took all of their notes from traxxas and castle creations... every single brand did. You think horizon is super unique for a generous support team? Traxxas is the same way- at least for me. The e revo isn’t that good of a bashing vehicle stock but at least trx kept sending me stuff when it broke. Corrupt business practices yes, bad warranty and support? no. False information!!!!

I apologize for being joe- traxxas white knight... I know it’s looked down upon here, but it really pisses me off when people give out false information. It’s such a blatant lie!

I called TRX for an issue with the TRX4 TRANS. Gave me a hard way to go. But who am I? Just one person's opinion of a 30 day Traxxas warranty. :unsure:

I called TRX for an issue with the TRX4 TRANS. Gave me a hard way to go. But who am I? Just one person's opinion.
They’ve replaced 3 velineon VXL 3s escs for me (one of which was 6 months old) 2 had flameouts, and for the flamed ones the motors were also replaced. Pictures were sent, they only asked me to send it back the second time (I understand why they think it’s fishy)
-2 PAIRS of factory e revo 2.0 tires that had sidewalls rip apart
-when I blew the motor on my e revo 5 months in (my fault really) they obviously didn’t replace the motor, but they did send in all damaged drivetrain parts from the motor locking up (that I provided pictures for) except my front diff ring gear, but I never mentioned it was broken because I had no idea.
-a vxl 6s esc which is pretty expensive was replaced when the factory one bricked
-a rear plastic chassis brace for an e revo (which soon was thrown into the trash because I got an aluminum one)
-2 rear toe links for an e revo that really can’t be snapped without user error

How old is your truck? You HAD to have cut the trans in half with a Dremel for them not to replace stuff inside it if the truck is less than 2 months old.

Oh and to clear the air, I LOVE HORIZON’S SUPPORT TEAM!! ? they have great service the one time I used them for my senton! (And they make a great product too hence why you see so much crap listed for traxxas lol)

Love the feedback on this forum and all, but if you’ve never gone through traxxas support you can’t badmouth it... that’s just ignorant. Horizon’s support team took all of their notes from traxxas and castle creations... every single brand did. You think horizon is super unique for a generous support team? Traxxas is the same way- at least for me. The e revo isn’t that good of a bashing vehicle stock but at least trx kept sending me stuff when it broke. Corrupt business practices yes, bad warranty and support? no. False information!!!!
You know I'm less frictional than in the past, but I have to disagree with you on this one. Before I started with Arrma, I had bought a Slash 4x4 LCG brushless. It was my first rc after more than 25 years out. Now I had my moments, and bought most of my parts from Amazon when I needed them. After a while, I realized how much I was replacing, and decided to contact TRX about warrantying some of the stuff. They gave me a flat out no, saying that it could only be driver error that caused any of the parts to break. In one year of owner ship, they didn't replace a single part. It was only a matter of time before I would have to severe the relationship with them, and inevitably, found Arrma. Horizon has been nothing but stellar, often replacing things that would seem obvious driver error and abuse. You can see why some my have that sour taste in their mouth.

You know I'm less frictional than in the past, but I have to disagree with you on this one. Before I started with Arrma, I had bought a Slash 4x4 LCG brushless. It was my first rc after more than 25 years out. Now I had my moments, and bought most of my parts from Amazon when I needed them. After a while, I realized how much I was replacing, and decided to contact TRX about warrantying some of the stuff. They gave me a flat out no, saying that it could only be driver error that caused any of the parts to break. In one year of owner ship, they didn't replace a single part. It was only a matter of time before I would have to severe the relationship with them, and inevitably, found Arrma. Horizon has been nothing but stellar, often replacing things that would seem obvious driver error and abuse. You can see why some my have that sour taste in their mouth.
This is news to me! I don't blame you if you forget the specifics, but do you remember what stuff you tried to replace? As long as you didn't start asking them for warrenty after you owned the truck for 6 months, yes, I absolutely see why it'd leave a sour taste in your mouth.

I apologize for being joe- traxxas white knight... I know it’s looked down upon here, but it really pisses me off when people give out false information. It’s such a blatant lie!
My one friend has had great luck with Traxxas customer service and ok service with Hobbico and Horizon. I'm the other way around. I've have wonderful experiences with Hobbico and Horizon and a horrible experience with Traxxas customer service.

I bought a new mini Revo and the motor was cogging to the point that it would lock up entirely under light throttle and heat up very quickly. Well I was in a busy stretch at work when I bought the Revo and so I didn't get to drive the thing for 38 days from the date of purchase. I was told that I would have to pay to ship the motor in and they would sell me a new motor for half price of MSRP since I was out of their 30 day warranty period even though it was just taken out of the box.

In my opinion the Traxxas warranty is a complete joke since it's only 30 days and in my experience they don't do anything to keep the customer happy. I'm also not a big fan of the way they do business.

That said, I'm not completely anti-Traxxas vehicles. I am still in the market for a TRX4 sport kit.....without the crappy electronics that they won't warranty anyways and and looking at possibly getting a Slash Ultimate roller to add my own stuff to.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back