Kraton HORIZON HOBBY CUSTOMER SERVICE!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My one friend has had great luck with Traxxas customer service and ok service with Hobbico and Horizon. I'm the other way around. I've have wonderful experiences with Hobbico and Horizon and a horrible experience with Traxxas customer service.

I bought a new mini Revo and the motor was cogging to the point that it would lock up entirely under light throttle and heat up very quickly. Well I was in a busy stretch at work when I bought the Revo and so I didn't get to drive the thing for 38 days from the date of purchase. I was told that I would have to pay to ship the motor in and they would sell me a new motor for half price of MSRP since I was out of their 30 day warranty period even though it was just taken out of the box.

In my opinion the Traxxas warranty is a complete joke since it's only 30 days and in my experience they don't do anything to keep the customer happy. I'm also not a big fan of the way they do business.

That said, I'm not completely anti-Traxxas vehicles. I am still in the market for a TRX4 sport kit.....without the crappy electronics that they won't warranty anyways and and looking at possibly getting a Slash Ultimate roller to add my own stuff to.
Never knew they had a 30 day warrenty LOL. Usually when something broke I'd call them up and if it wasn't something stupidly expensive and driver error, they'd replace it... sometimes half a year after I bought the truck. It seems as they're very hit or miss... as people like you, noto, and src have gotten the cold shoulder- as well as what I can assume many other people have also gotten the cold shoulder.

Never knew they had a 30 day warrenty LOL. Usually when something broke I'd call them up and if it wasn't something stupidly expensive and driver error, they'd replace it... sometimes half a year after I bought the truck. It seems as they're very hit or miss... as people like you, noto, and src have gotten the cold shoulder- as well as what I can assume many other people have also gotten the cold shoulder.
Yeah, like I said though my one buddy has had experiences like you where they go above and beyond way past the warranty period. I wish they would have done that for me but it is what it is. You can't give out free stuff to everybody that sends an email or calls.

Yeah, like I said though my one buddy has had experiences like you where they go above and beyond way past the warranty period. I wish they would have done that for me but it is what it is. You can't give out free stuff to everybody that sends an email or calls.
I still feel bad for my bold claims earlier though. I thought for sure that because they helped me out so many times over the past decade that they help everybody out the same way. Guess I just happened to roll a 6 every time I called up! That kinda sucks... at least horizon treats you well.

Love the feedback on this forum and all, but if you’ve never gone through traxxas support you can’t badmouth it... that’s just ignorant. Horizon’s support team took all of their notes from traxxas and castle creations... every single brand did. You think horizon is super unique for a generous support team? Traxxas is the same way- at least for me. The e revo isn’t that good of a bashing vehicle stock but at least trx kept sending me stuff when it broke. Corrupt business practices yes, bad warranty and support? no. False information!!!!

I apologize for being joe- traxxas white knight... I know it’s looked down upon here, but it really pisses me off when people give out false information. It’s such a blatant lie!
For me they remplaced my blown tire and one driveshaft and one bearing that was it the rest they did not wanted to cover anything the esc i did not wanted to send it dude 5-6 weeks of waiting and the summer is half over..
My one friend has had great luck with Traxxas customer service and ok service with Hobbico and Horizon. I'm the other way around. I've have wonderful experiences with Hobbico and Horizon and a horrible experience with Traxxas customer service.

I bought a new mini Revo and the motor was cogging to the point that it would lock up entirely under light throttle and heat up very quickly. Well I was in a busy stretch at work when I bought the Revo and so I didn't get to drive the thing for 38 days from the date of purchase. I was told that I would have to pay to ship the motor in and they would sell me a new motor for half price of MSRP since I was out of their 30 day warranty period even though it was just taken out of the box.

In my opinion the Traxxas warranty is a complete joke since it's only 30 days and in my experience they don't do anything to keep the customer happy. I'm also not a big fan of the way they do business.

That said, I'm not completely anti-Traxxas vehicles. I am still in the market for a TRX4 sport kit.....without the crappy electronics that they won't warranty anyways and and looking at possibly getting a Slash Ultimate roller to add my own stuff to.
Yup they have a lifetime warranty but your have to buy the same part but for half the price if you get out of their 30d warranty
I still feel bad for my bold claims earlier though. I thought for sure that because they helped me out so many times over the past decade that they help everybody out the same way. Guess I just happened to roll a 6 every time I called up! That kinda sucks... at least horizon treats you well.
You might have got really good employes who answered your calls

For me they remplaced my blown tire and one driveshaft and one bearing that was it the rest they did not wanted to cover anything the esc i did not wanted to send it dude 5-6 weeks of waiting and the summer is half over..

Yup they have a lifetime warranty but your have to buy the same part but for half the price if you get out of their 30d warranty

You might have got really good employes who answered your calls
Good for me that is hahah!

Screenshot_20200117-082646_Chrome.jpg

My TRX4 was clearly out of warranty. It was a "give me" from a friend who's RC endeavor was shortlived. I made that clear with them "not under warranty",as they asked up front. I merely called for tech support regarding the Trans. There was a discrepancy regarding upgrading the gears from plastic to metal. Apparently they revised some parts to plastic vs. metal. I had more slop than I wanted. I feel an inherent TRX flaw. I merely called for info. They treated me like I was trying to shake them down for "free parts" OFF warranty. They jumped the gun and turned me off. That was just my one and only call to Traxxassss ever.(n) And my very last one too. Never again.
Horizon replaced 90% of my Noto. from an ESC fire. They did all the work and gave me extra parts and even replaced unrelated parts like the body, bent wing mounts ,sway bar end links that kept coming off etc. They even ran it on 6s to make sure all was good. The Noto. was about 6 months old. 2 week turn around time. Horizon H. treated me like I owned a newly purchased $Bentley$. All my calls to Horizon were excellent experiences. I don't always call for warranty. Rarely. And they have decent tech support if you speak part numbers with them.
Arrma's 2 year warranty is legit and they even go above and beyond their terms. Just don't expect them to owe you parts that you clearly broke from error. They are not stupid. So don't insult them by asking for control arms and similar. But that is ones own personal call.
Traxxasss 30 day warranty is slim at best while covered. And if not covered, they are just making more profit from customers by charging you to keep you using their well known crappy electrics.

In this Hobby, a 30 day warranty for a RTR is a scam. And if you order your RTR online, the warranty starts at the time of your order when shipped. Receive it a week later, and you have only 23 days left. You get your new RTR, stare it, show it off play with it on the bench, wait for your lipos and charger together. When you have the time to actually run it, shake it down, your warranty is expired. Traxxass knows this. That is their business model. RedCat is the same. I feel a 2 or 3 month would be more fair and legit. But Arrma and Axial have the best warranty around. Bar none.

In this Hobby, a 30 day warranty for a RTR is a scam. And if you order your RTR online, the warranty starts at the time of your order when shipped. Receive it a week later, and you have only 23 days left. You get your new RTR, stare it, show it off play with it on the bench, wait for your lipos and charger together. When you have the time to actually run it, shake it down, your warranty is expired. Traxxass knows this. That is their business model. RedCat is the same. I feel a 2 or 3 month would be more fair and legit. But Arrma and Axial have the best warranty around. Bar none.
30 days is a joke and so is Traxass. Never bought one and never will.

I just got off the phone with Horizon Hobby support and my new motor is on it's way. I left a call back number and they returned my call in 30 minutes and 5 minutes later warranty approved and done. I already got the email expected delivery 2-4 days. Best warranty in the business :love:(y)
As stated in my previous post. Best warranty in the business. My new motor arrived today. I made a claim at 6pm on Thursday my motor arrived an hour ago (y)

Best way to avoid Traxxas warranty issues is to not buy one ???

Horizon Hobby has been outstanding. I can't believe some of they stuff they will warranty ?

I recently acquired a V1 Kraton with some upgrades, great deal ($250), anyway it still had the BLX180 esc so I contacted Horizon and they are sending me a new BLX185 no charge! That's some great service and product support!

I recently acquired a V1 Kraton with some upgrades, great deal ($250), anyway it still had the BLX180 esc so I contacted Horizon and they are sending me a new BLX185 no charge! That's some great service and product support!
Great. Now that takes the cake. A V1 clearly off warranty and Horizon stepped it up above and beyond their warranty. (y)
Traxxasss would have said SOL.

Great. Now that takes the cake. A V1 clearly off warranty and Horizon stepped it up above and beyond their warranty. (y)
Traxxasss would have said SOL.

HELL YEAH HORIZON, Ive been dealing with tower hobby and horizon hobby 4 something like 7 years now. during this time I have brought many different brands and have called customer service for all. when its time for replacement or repair HORIZON hobby has hands down the best support. they always back there products even if its its something that shouldn't have been. at least in my cases. NOW 4 traxxas were 2 start ????? at first my experience with them was great.. slowly over time it became clear to me that some of the costumer service representatives are just there for a pay check. at times i felt i was teaching them something about my issues when it should be the other way around. this is not a bash on traxxas just simply saying that thay need to do everything they can to keep a good reputation because ARRMA is in my opinion the top for rtr bashing rigs.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back