Horizon hobby is awesome

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
Esc went bad and fried all electronics called up horizon they sent out all new parts the next day no questioned asked they are amazing all at no cost to me. Such a great company. Care about there customers after the sale!!
4656001D-B606-4B18-B940-A70EE59FE353.jpeg
AD594090-0994-4DB8-A70E-0DFEEC9C6B44.jpeg

That's awesome! They really do a great job. I got pissed when they asked me to send in my fried BLX185 so they could evaluate it and I never did. But they have replaced another BLX185 that went up in smoke, a BLX 100, a few servos and some other things. It's a great warranty. I'm glad they covered all of your electronics as well.

Yea I think I’m leaning towards buying a Typhon roller and thowing these electronics in it what you think bam??

Why did they send you two esc's?

I assume that you run a Spectrum system?

I'm waiting on a warranty replacement for my esc too. Hopefully I'll find out soon what the outcome is.

They just sent me some parts, and the balance that was on back order is sitting at the post office now. All they needed was a picture of the parts and the proof of purchase. Shipped it to Canada at no extra charge as well. Other companies I've dealt with, have asked for me to cover shipping, which is fine, but not Horizon. A++

Woah dude that's pretty sweet! Horizon has been pretty nice to me as well, my 3s esc and servo both went out, they shipped me a new blx100 esc, and because of the month wait time for it to ship, they also gave me $140 to use towards their proprietary products. I wish more companies were like this, especially traxxas.

Why did they send you two esc's?

I assume that you run a Spectrum system?

I'm waiting on a warranty replacement for my esc too. Hopefully I'll find out soon what the outcome is.
They sent me one Esc for my senton that blew up but all the rest of electronics were ok. The other Esc fried everything in my Kraton which had the sr6000t receiver and I had a monster torque Savox. They don’t sell Savox so they sent me that spektrum servo which is more then double the price of the Savox as I was running $150 servo!! Horizon is awesome

I just had a blx 185 warrantied that wont stop flashing green no matter what I do. They were awesome, proof of purchase and a picture was all they wanted. My new one will be here Thursday! ?

Hmm I have RMAd 2 different items with Horizon Hobbies and they never asked me for a receipt.

For the record, the warranty applies to waterproof electronics, even when the truck goes swimming. ??to Horizon Hobby for standing behind the Arrma product. New composite ends for the steering turnbuckle that got stretched and they even threw in the new no pop off steel balls.
20190426_174528.jpg

Is the ARRMA warranty still good for 2 years or did they cut it back to a year once Horizon took over?

It makes me wonder how they can make any money at the end of the day with all the warranty claims. It has to affect their bottom line, or are the margins high enough that it doesn't really matter that much?

Last edited:
Is the ARRMA warranty still good for 2 years or did they cut it back to a year once Horizon took over?

It makes me wonder how they can make any money at the end of the day with all the warranty claims. It has to affect their bottom line, or are the margins high enough that it doesn't really matter that much?
Only Horizon and Arrma know. Many of us have asked the same question. I believe the warranty is still two years.

Yep. Still two years.

Do they really expect the steering turnbuckles not to stretch over a two year span? Or a-arms to not wear out? Warranting the plastic stuff is like asking an automobile maker to warrantee wiper blades.

Do they really expect the steering turnbuckles not to stretch over a two year span? Or a-arms to not wear out? Warranting the plastic stuff is like asking an automobile maker to warrantee wiper blades.
They do. Some people say its frivolous to make the claim, but I argue that if Horizon wants to replace stuff, why am I wrong to ask. The worst they could say is no. To be honest, they didn't ask too many questions, so I assume their margins are built with the premise that they might have to replace parts.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back