Kraton Horizon hobby on EXB rear diff problems!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bash bro

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Good morning guys! So I reached out to horizon hobby regarding my rear diff being jacked up! Both my sun gears were chipped up and practically no diff fluid and my seal was completely destroyed! I only drove it 2 times! The guy I spoke to said he hasn’t heard of any problems with the diffs! (Shocking!) Maybe it was installed incorrectly ??‍♂️ He said if anybody has issues with their trucks they need to call in so they can fix the issues! They need to know what’s going on! They’re going to be sending me new spider gears and diff shims etc! Hopefully the more people that call in will help fix these issues! Hope that helps! Thanks and have a good day guys!!

Attachments

• 76D7F8FB-E10B-4120-8D14-7C166BA88AD8.jpeg
    76D7F8FB-E10B-4120-8D14-7C166BA88AD8.jpeg
    488.2 KB · Views: 57
Good morning guys! So I reached out to horizon hobby regarding my rear diff being jacked up! Both my sun gears were chipped up and practically no diff fluid and my seal was completely destroyed! I only drove it 2 times! The guy I spoke to said he hasn’t heard of any problems with the diffs! (Shocking!) Maybe it was installed incorrectly ??‍♂️ He said if anybody has issues with their trucks they need to call in so they can fix the issues! They need to know what’s going on! They’re going to be sending me new spider gears and diff shims etc! Hopefully the more people that call in will help fix these issues! Hope that helps! Thanks and have a good day guys!!

Did you check the fluid level before you ran it? Just curious.

I checked mine and all the requisite shims were installed and fluid was sufficient. The fix that JD talks about on Facebook is turning the rear into a lsd, which I think is unnecessary. The center and front are lsd, which doesn't seem to affect the bashing side of running, but it might help when running on a dirt or gravel track type surface. Jmo.

Last edited:
and apparently it's not enough to check that the requisite number of shims were installed but also the thickness of the shims as well.
Uh oh. To be honest, I saw in the diagram that two were one diameter and one was another, so when I accounted for that, I figured it had to be correct. Fingers crossed moving forward

Uh oh. To be honest, I saw in the diagram that two were one diameter and one was another, so when I accounted for that, I figured it had to be correct. Fingers crossed moving forward
If you've run yours a few times without issue I think you will be fine. Worst case you put in a warranty claim for $23 worth of parts.

Apparently there they have mislabeling of the shim packaging, possibly the exploded views, and also potentially the specs of the shims in the package. It's hard to know what it actually the precise issue right now.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back