Granite Horizon Hobby quality sucks! I'm OUT!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I took someone's suggestion to remove as many elements as possible to narrow down where the issue is. I unhooked the ESC from the receiver and just used the steering servo, and it worked fine. I then plugged the ESC back in, but left the motor disconnected. The red light was no longer blinking and it seemed to be responding to radio input. I then plugged in just the motor by itself and hit the throttle. Immediately it began cogging. Is it fair to say the problem lies with the motor, and not the ESC?

I took someone's suggestion to remove as many elements as possible to narrow down where the issue is. I unhooked the ESC from the receiver and just used the steering servo, and it worked fine. I then plugged the ESC back in, but left the motor disconnected. The red light was no longer blinking and it seemed to be responding to radio input. I then plugged in just the motor by itself and hit the throttle. Immediately it began cogging. Is it fair to say the problem lies with the motor, and not the ESC?
Did the motor bearing has exploded once? Maybe the motor is cooked. Do you have another motor to plug the esc in?

I actually had a frayed wire on my fan make my receiver stop working. No throttle, no steering. Disconnected the fan and everything is fine. So quite possibly a bad wire from the motor as you mentioned before.

Last edited:
Have had my Granite for 3 months and zero issues. I am a newbie to RC. TRAXXAS sucks...so glad i went with Arrma..the best vehicles out there.
And I had my Senton a week, and the shocks all leaked over the place (and their email support ignored me twice about the issue), so I guess mileage may vary ?

And I had my Senton a week, and the shocks all leaked over the place (and their email support ignored me twice about the issue), so I guess mileage may vary ?
I decided to purchase oil and understand how to do a full rebuild. As much as that should not happen, these parts are pretty easy to rebuild and fix. I've tinkered with the shocks twice since I've owned my Senton (2 months). I've also decided to upgrade the shocks and I'm very happy with my decision.

I decided to purchase oil and understand how to do a full rebuild. As much as that should not happen, these parts are pretty easy to rebuild and fix. I've tinkered with the shocks twice since I've owned my Senton (2 months). I've also decided to upgrade the shocks and I'm very happy with my decision.
What did you get? I want to upgrade my typhon 3s' front shocks and am hoping for a direct replacement

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back