Horizon Hobby Reward Points

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I’m looking for good ideas for ways to spend Horizon Hobby reward points on things most people buy anyway. They have a decent point system for car purchases, but I don’t know what else I would buy from HH with the points. HH parts are a lot less expensive from a breaker, and they don’t seem to have the supporting items I would normally buy from a place like Amain. I’ll have around $40 worth of points.

Maybe wheels/tires. Seems the chop shops/kit breakers charge close to retail for those, especially after you include shipping. Unless you're only running on loose surfaces, you'll need them eventually.

You could buy a new body for one of your rigs, just bought a new Granite body from them for around that price.

I’m looking for good ideas for ways to spend Horizon Hobby reward points on things most people buy anyway. They have a decent point system for car purchases, but I don’t know what else I would buy from HH with the points. HH parts are a lot less expensive from a breaker, and they don’t seem to have the supporting items I would normally buy from a place like Amain. I’ll have around $40 worth of points.
Honestly id buy something you kno youll need like tires or a arms or a servo or maybe use it towards something a little more pricey maybe something you break alot on your rig or something you can use for multiple rigs just to have for peace of mind since it free money not free but you get what im saying lol

I always like using my extra points to make things that I hate spending so much money on cheaper… like things in like….. that is way too expensive but I want it… poof, points make it cheaper I can have it! Haha

Maybe wheels/tires. Seems the chop shops/kit breakers charge close to retail for those, especially after you include shipping. Unless you're only running on loose surfaces, you'll need them eventually.
Wheels seem like the best option so far. I’d just be paying more for hoons when I would normally buy GRPs for less somewhere else.

I'd look at things like diff or shock oils or tool even you can't get from a parts breaker like Jenny's. Maybe fancy colored wheel nuts or certain screws just odd and end stuff you can't get elsewhere 🤷

I'd look at things like diff or shock oils or tool even you can't get from a parts breaker like Jenny's. Maybe fancy colored wheel nuts or certain screws just odd and end stuff you can't get elsewhere 🤷
This is the type of thing I had in mind. Maybe I can order some 500k diff oil on backorder in case I need it when it becomes available in a few years.

I’m going to use my points for something like that! Since I forgone the Losi for a proper work station and starter kit. Wrenching is running and running is wrenching.

View attachment 270561

Back