Horizon Hobby site sell!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks! My wife is nuts as I am as I’m green lighted to buy the 1/5 scale Losi. Being new…even with my improved driving? I know to take it easy at first cause this thing cost an arm and a leg to fix, let alone buy it. Then I’m done for a while. ( I know I’m in denial) I also like this too. Anyone have one of these? 1/10 scale seems misleading. It’s big.

CF1E9EFD-C4AA-4FEE-B433-9DDB99469076.jpeg

Last edited:
Thanks! My wife is nuts as I am as I’m green lighted to buy the 1/5 scale Losi. Being new…even with my improved driving? I know to take it easy at first cause this thing cost an arm and a leg to fix, let alone buy it. Then I’m done for a while. ( I know I’m in denial) I also like this too. Anyone have one of these? 1/10 scale seems misleading. It’s big.

View attachment 269204
Perhaps give the Rock Rey another look too. That's a big ol' sucker too.
1673539487088.png

The Lasernut is definitely cool but a bit on the fragile side IMO. My bro bought one, after breaking hub carriers, arms and hinge pin plates every outing, he gifted it to me.
It's not a basher. Used within it's limitations it's fun. I swapped the tires out for some smaller ones. Those tires put alot of strain on the suspension and drivetrain.
I'm actually thinking of buying some 2.8 paddle tires and rip it in the snow. I know the paddles aren't "easy" on the drivetrain, but between the amount of slippage in snow and that nice long flat chassis, I think it'd be a great snow machine.

View attachment 269204

The Lasernut is definitely cool but a bit on the fragile side IMO. My bro bought one, after breaking hub carriers, arms and hinge pin plates every outing, he gifted it to me.
It's not a basher. Used within it's limitations it's fun. I swapped the tires out for some smaller ones. Those tires put alot of strain on the suspension and drivetrain.
I'm actually thinking of buying some 2.8 paddle tires and rip it in the snow. I know the paddles aren't "easy" on the drivetrain, but between the amount of slippage in snow and that nice long flat chassis, I think it'd be a great snow machine.
Yeah, I love the look of those things and have always wanted to try one. I built a track in my woods last year that would be perfect for one. But you’re right, they’re not bashers. Made for U4RC racing class with very specific rules, including the attention to “scale” as outlined. Sounds like fun, but the only organized events I have anywhere near me are only for indoor carpet buggy and 1/10 pans.
http://u4rc.com/u4rc-rules/

Appreciate the info fellas! Looks like it’s the 1/5 Buggy. The Super Rock Rey is pretty badass too. Heard these are a little more difficult to work on? No matter what I get. I’ll break it.
I’m truly undecided

Yeah the weed wacker Zenoah 32cc 1/5 Losi's.. (y)Cant go wrong with one. Wallet and wife permitting. But definitely, not the easiest to work on. Have some good quality tools at the ready and some patience helps. Parts are costly for any 1/5 model. Like double that of a 1/8 scale model.

https://www.horizonhobby.com/product/1-5-dbxl-2.0-4wd-gas-buggy-rtr/LOS05008.html
Thanks brother! But no weed whacker cars. Wife HATES those gas cars. Neighbors have em and they are annoying. If I do pull the trigger? I’m gonna “try” and take it easy. 30 elbows is a lot of weight to cartwheel it and not break a crap ton of stuff. For that price? I could just bulletproof my Talion with a nice beefcake kit. But who am I kidding…. I want that monstrosity!

Have Nitros here. Those are a real pain to start and tune, spending more time just starting and tuning them. Larger Zenoahs are so much easier. But yea I am done with all the noise and fuel thing myself. Depends where you live. Weed Whacker rigs are best in rural isolated areas.
Many neighbors where live just hate the sound of Landscapers using their blowers and Grass edgers, cleaning property at 8:30am in the morning when asleep. I live in a bedroom community of sorts.
Stay with Electrics. Ironically I have had a few complaints of noise with my Electrics. Steel Gears are noisy and whiney also. Many assume they are Gas engined Models. Someone complained on me at the park one time and Park Police came by to see. I blew them off. Answered no questions. Was clearly not running gas here. I was nearly an acre away from any people as always. At this park there is a noise restriction. No music etc.

Last edited:
Perhaps give the Rock Rey another look too. That's a big ol' sucker too.
View attachment 2
Thanks brother! But no weed whacker cars. Wife HATES those gas cars. Neighbors have em and they are annoying. If I do pull the trigger? I’m gonna “try” and take it easy. 30 elbows is a lot of weight to cartwheel it and not break a crap ton of stuff. For that price? I could just bulletproof my Talion with a nice beefcake kit. But who am I kidding…. I want that monstrosity!
My outcast 8s exb is about 40 bows.. bashed the crap out of it this past weekend and only broke the wheelie mount 🤞I say get it and send that poop!!
My outcast 8s exb is about 40 bows.. bashed the crap out of it this past weekend and only broke the wheelie mount 🤞I say get it and send that poop!!
Hey wjere is my poop emoji!

💩
I’m probably gonna pump the breaks on this expensive piece of poop. It really is an F ton of cheddar after I just spent an F ton of cheddar on Christmas. Probably.

View attachment 269204
DBXL-e is fun in large flat spaces, not a jumper or a basher really, pretty durable if you drive it right.

If you want a smaller version, look into the 1/10 Tenacity DB Pro, a smaller, more budget-friendly dune buggy that is not super fragile, but don't bash it like a 6s line car.

Scale looking and designed models should be driven more true to scale. Just "Sending It", is not a thing for many people and their specific rigs. Yet The YT Influencers will show you otherwise. Just ask KT, he will slam anything into a wall, send anything into a cement skate park, just because he can, and it makes him $$$. KT even tempted Raz Shifrin to send his 198MPH rig off a ramp. Of course Raz won't do that. Hope not. Then everyone can have their say, what they want, regarding durability.

Last edited:
I have a DBXL-e 2.0 and everyone's pretty much summed it pretty accurately.
1. It's awesome.
2. It's 30lbs.
3. It's awesome
4. It gobbles up the Watt-hours FAST.
5. Parts are quite expensive
6. It looks more real in motion than any other car I have due to the dynamics of it's size.
7. On the downside, it's also more real in that it will be damaged more if you jump big and land wrong. The closer you get to 1:1, the more physics starts to take over. If you jump your real 1:1 baja buggy 60ft in the air, it will break no matter how well you land. This is somewhere between that and a granite.
8. It's not as fast or durable as my fireteam but more fun in other ways.
9. It handles great

I go out for a day with a 3s typhon or granite to bash and break, 6s fireteam to jump but stay upright usually and break less often, and the big losi to always remain rubber-down and hopefully not break, and they really compliment each other.

I'd buy another one in a second. Hope you have a big charger though.

Appreciate the info fellas! Looks like it’s the 1/5 Buggy. The Super Rock Rey is pretty badass too. Heard these are a little more difficult to work on? No matter what I get. I’ll break it.
I’m truly undecided
Yeah, the Baja Rey/Rock Rey are a bit of a pain because you have to remove 347 screws to get the body off. The DBXL should be a lot nicer to work on.

Scale looking and designed models should be driven more true to scale. Just "Sending It", is not a thing for many people and their specific rigs. Yet The YT Influencers will show you otherwise. Just ask KT, he will slam anything into a wall, send anything into a cement skate park, just because he can, and it makes him $$$. KT even tempted Raz Shifrin to send his 198MPH rig off a ramp. Of course Raz won't do that. Hope not. Then everyone can have their say, what they want, regarding durability.
My 9 yr old duaghter watches KT on YT and thinks he just goes out to break stuff. She showed me a video of an xrt he destroyed and i told her he gets paid to do that, don't do that to your cars.. haha!! The guy is annoying imo..

I love my fireteam, Talion, 3S and TLR Typhon. My fireteam has some ridiculously cool tires IMO and I might just pour a few bucks into upgrading my Talion as it was my first Arrma. Plus I want to learn how to work on my own stuff and have a list. My wife is a saint and just said “whatever you wanna do babe”. Pics I posted before. I think learning the craft is more important than another 1000 dollar rig I don’t know how to fix. Talking myself off the ledge is hard! But like Wayne’s World ? Oh yes… someday she will be mine….”

B268610D-8D1E-47BC-A8F4-83BDB8D3C92B.jpeg

A6D83F2B-A9F6-43D8-807F-DEB8746568F1.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back