Horizon hobby ???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Uncle_buck

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
So I don't know if I'm the only one that's had this issue with horizon but I find their customer service horrible first I bought a arrma notorious took it home opened the box and found a leaky center differential not a big deal the weather was poopy anyway so I returned it to my lhs and he replaced it but I had to wait 10 days for it to come which wasn't a big deal the weather was crappy and couldn't really drive it so I wait the 10 days get a new one on my first run with it I notice the center differential leaking again so I contacted hh with pictures and the tell me they need a picture of my receipt and so I send it almost 3 weeks later no parts I said screw it I'll fix it myself bought the part and fixed it didnt even bother calling them it was fairly cheap and easy to fix so whatever last weekend my servo shits the bed and I contact this time via phone instead of Email and explain what happened with the servo they say ok we are gonna send you an email please send us a picture of your receipt and we will send you a new one so after a day I received no email so I call again and was told to email them the receipt with my mailing address so I did and it's been 2 days and I still haven't heard anything back is it common that their CS is this bad because I haven't really heard anything bad about them or am I just the lucky ones.....I mean I know it's only a servo and not a very good one anyway but for this truck it's all I really need and why spend the money when they will replace it for free

Things seem different in the US and Canada.
The servo failed in my Notorious. I contacted Horizon Europe who advised I contact the retailer.
Can you not go through the retailer if Horizon aren't sorting you out ?

Oh, I don't want to seem like the grammar police or be THAT GUY. However your post was difficult to read due to the lack of punctuation (apart from the cluster of ..... late on).

I haven't contacted the retailer but he doesn't have them stocked anyway so I would have to wait I figured it would be more exciting if you added them as you read along lol

Things seem different in the US and Canada.
The servo failed in my Notorious. I contacted Horizon Europe who advised I contact the retailer.
Can you not go through the retailer if Horizon aren't sorting you out ?

Oh, I don't want to seem like the grammar police or be THAT GUY. However your post was difficult to read due to the lack of punctuation (apart from the cluster of ..... late on).

Not like that here in Canada. You have to send your stuff directly to Horizon Hobby. I had to return a Servo. Tried dealing with the hobby store first but they point you towards Horizon.

That sounds nothing like my experience, but I live in the states. I have contacted them 3 times all 3 times I have filled out the Service Request Form(only available to US residents) and immediately received an RMA number for the receiver and esc, the third time I got an email the next business day that they would send out the package that contained the part that was missing from my Typhon 3s, and is missing on every 3s BLX model I have seen.

I live in canada didn't have to fill out a form I just called explained the problem and they told me email them a picture of the receipt and they would send it out gave him all my shipping info if I don't receive an email by tomorrow I'll call them again and see what's going on

I live in canada didn't have to fill out a form I just called explained the problem and they told me email them a picture of the receipt and they would send it out gave him all my shipping info if I don't receive an email by tomorrow I'll call them again and see what's going on
You can give it a try, last I checked it was for the US only ?, but click where it says Launch Service Request Form. For my esc and receiver I got an RMA approval instantly. No having to call no waiting on an email, I filled out the form hit submit and boom RMA authorization form. https://www.horizonhobby.com/content/service-center-render-service-center

-edit- I guess it's North America now.

Not like that here in Canada. You have to send your stuff directly to Horizon Hobby. I had to return a Servo. Tried dealing with the hobby store first but they point you towards Horizon.
They don't always ask to send the stuff back if you're in Canada. I'm in Toronto, and so far every dealing I've had with Horizon, including before I owned an Arrma, photos and proof of purchase were enough to get the job done. About @Uncle_buck's email, I was on the phone with them yesterday about a similar problem. The guy at Horizon searched for my email, and said it wasn't there. I sent my message from two different email addresses, four different times. None of them are getting through. I even asked the guy to check his spam folder, and he said there was nothing from me. My first email with this current issue, was a reply to ab email that came from them, when dealing with my last issue. Either their email server is blocking us, or they are lying to not have to deal with our claims. I'm going to call back tomorrow, and see what's going on.

You can give it a try, last I checked it was for the US only ?, but click where it says Launch Service Request Form. For my esc and receiver I got an RMA approval instantly. No having to call no waiting on an email, I filled out the form hit submit and boom RMA authorization form. https://www.horizonhobby.com/content/service-center-render-service-center

-edit- I guess it's North America now.
Did you have to send back the products? I thought that that's what that form was for.

You can give it a try, but click where it says Launch Service Request Form. For my esc and receiver I got an RMA approval instantly. No having to call no waiting on an email, I filled out the form hit submit and boom RMA authorization form. https://www.horizonhobby.com/content/service-center-render-service-center
When I first contacted them for the diff it was threw email when I contacted them for the servo it was over the phone he approved the request he just needed a picture of the receipt

I'm in the US and when I contacted them I was told the same thing. Send an email with receipt and part numbers. From the time I sent the part numbers it took 8 days to receive a reply. When they did reply it was an invoice and shipping info for the replacement parts they had sent me. Hope this helps

Did you have to send back the products? I thought that that's what that form was for.
Just the esc and receiver, not for the part that was missing. Esc took like a week to get a replacement, receiver was little different story, that took 2 months because it was right after Horizon bought out Hobbico and was struggling to fix the mess Hobbico had left behind. And pretty sure they shipped the missing parts out the following day after I got the email from them saying they would send out the part that was missing, actually gave me the entire receiver box set.

When I made a claim for the diffs I emailed pictures of the diffs tge second time I contacted them for the servo it was over the phone and i even explained to the guy the situation i had withstood the diffs and like @Notorious J he looked up my email and he said he didn't see anything

When I made a claim for the diffs I emailed pictures of the diffs tge second time I contacted them for the servo it was over the phone and i even explained to the guy the situation i had withstood the diffs and like @Notorious J he looked up my email and he said he didn't see anything
That is just weird.

So I received an email this morning from hh saying that once again I need to send them another picture of my receipt and my mailing address this will be the 4th time I send them my info let's see what happens smh

I'm still waiting for a reply. I just did a recount. 7 individual emails, no replies. I think I'm going to try the RMA and see what happens.

So I just received another email from them right now saying that they will send me out the parts to fix the servo or a prepaid label to send back to the servo for service what a joke of a company ??

This is really starting to piss me off I've never had such a hard time filing a warranty claim its ridiculous
To be fair, and don't get angry for me saying this, we are talking about toy cars that miraculously, have a warranty. I imagine that Horizon is inundated with warranty requests, and not just legitimate electronics failures, but for broken parts that are almost certainly, driver neglect. Unfortunately, the people like yourself that have real issues that stem from a factory defect, are lumped in with the thousands of other claims that have nothing to do with the quality of the vehicle. Hopefully they get to yours sooner than later, but I'm sure their customer service department is a little overwhelmed at the moment.

To be fair, and don't get angry for me saying this, we are talking about toy cars that miraculously, have a warranty. I imagine that Horizon is inundated with warranty requests, and not just legitimate electronics failures, but for broken parts that are almost certainly, driver neglect. Unfortunately, the people like yourself that have real issues that stem from a factory defect, are lumped in with the thousands of other claims that have nothing to do with the quality of the vehicle. Hopefully they get to yours sooner than later, but I'm sure their customer service department is a little overwhelmed at the moment.
I totally understand you point but I was running on pavement and I never jump my truck or run it in water or anything it was a servo failure from it being a bad servo i shouldn't have to rebuild a servo this is literally like the 4th time I drove my truck from when I got it in February cause the weather has been garbage here as you know just now it's starting to get nice and I wanna run my truck but have to wait for servo pieces then I have to waste my time to rebuild the servo and what happens if I botch the gears are they gonna repair them again or they just gonna say that it was my fault because I rebuilt it wrong its unacceptable I've never had an issue with a warranty till today I've dealt with traxxas never an issue dealt with team associated never an issue with anyone except them on this forum and on the arrma Facebook page everyone that has servo issues has them replaced even some guys have had esc and motor replaced no question

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back