Horizon hobby ???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I have called twice recently for electronics related warranty issues. I have spoke to them on the phone, they have sent me an email requesting the needed info, I reply back, hear nothing and a week or so later the electronics have been at my door. I don't think they have the manpower to do multiple follow ups. It appears that to them they are honoring the warranty and that should be good enough. When I called this week to talk about how their 3s receiver boxes aren't waterproof, the guy was almost excited when I told him not to worry about the 2 month old servo that died and that I would get one on my own. He was so excited that you would have thought that he was going to have to pay for the replacement himself.

I wouldn't be happy with them sending me gears to rebuild the servo. No thanks. That said, when the stock servo gives up the ghost I buy a new and better one and warranty the original so I have a spare.....because when the ESC goes there is a good chance it's taking the servo with it :ROFLMAO:

I wouldn't be happy with them sending me gears to rebuild the servo. No thanks. That said, when the stock servo gives up the ghost I buy a new and better one and warranty the original so I have a spare.....because when the ESC goes there is a good chance it's taking the servo with it :ROFLMAO:
I know I usually run promoddler servos in my other trucks but even if I replace it they should still warranty the stock servo I could use it as backup I literally drove the truck 4 times on pavement no jumps no water nothing

And even if I repair the servo what happens if i botch the gears are they gonna send more gears to try again or are they gonna tell me it was my fault and not warranty the servo so I would be out of a servo again and what happens if I mess up the esc because of the servo are they gonna replace that or tell me my warranty is void I really don't wanna take that chance

And even if I repair the servo what happens if i botch the gears are they gonna send more gears to try again or are they gonna tell me it was my fault and not warranty the servo so I would be out of a servo again and what happens if I mess up the esc because of the servo are they gonna replace that or tell me my warranty is void I really don't wanna take that chance
Tell them you are incapable of replacing the gears and it's not an option. That's what I would do.

Tell them you are incapable of replacing the gears and it's not an option. That's what I would do.
I did lol and they said they would send out a label to send it in to them which makes even less sense because I'm in canada and by the time it get there back and repaired I'll be waiting months I'm gonna call them again when I'm off work

I did lol and they said they would send out a label to send it in to them which makes even less sense because I'm in canada and by the time it get there back and repaired I'll be waiting months I'm gonna call them again when I'm off work
Hey Buck. I just got off the phone with them. The problem I was having was too many large attachments. They emailed me, and I emailed them right back with just a couple of pics. They took care of everything while I was on the phone. Not sure why they're giving you such a hard time, but I guess it just depends on who you talk to at any given time.

Hey Buck. I just got off the phone with them. The problem I was having was too many large attachments. They emailed me, and I emailed them right back with just a couple of pics. They took care of everything while I was on the phone. Not sure why they're giving you such a hard time, but I guess it just depends on who you talk to at any given time.
I thought about that as well the last email I sent them was just the one picture of the receipt I called them now and I'm waiting for a call back

I thought about that as well the last email I sent them was just the one picture of the receipt I called them now and I'm waiting for a call back
I did the same. They called back about a half hour later.

I've honestly never had a problem with a warranty issue from any other company even the blue brand lol
They told me to eat sh!t and die. Actually, both blue companies did that. TRX and RPM.

So I just got a call back and I explained the situation he said he had no idea why i was told that they were gonna send the gears to repair and they are sending a servo
As I new they would. (y)(y)

So I just got a call back and I explained the situation he said he had no idea why i was told that they were gonna send the gears to repair and they are sending a servo
Now you have to replace the angry emojis with happy faces in the thread title. ???

That sounds nothing like my experience, but I live in the states. I have contacted them 3 times all 3 times I have filled out the Service Request Form(only available to US residents) and immediately received an RMA number for the receiver and esc, the third time I got an email the next business day that they would send out the package that contained the part that was missing from my Typhon 3s, and is missing on every 3s BLX model I have seen.
I'm curious, what part is missing from the 3s models?

I'm curious, what part is missing from the 3s models?
The retainer for the motor wires.
Screenshot_20190420-223120_Chrome.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back