HorizonHobby service and repair

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why on earth would you even consider that. You know there isn’t anything that they can do for you that you and I can’t handle together!

Why on earth would you even consider that. You know there isn’t anything that they can do for you that you and I can’t handle together!
I know, I called about the motor and they told me to send it in. Really annoying, I could have had fixed already.

Just buy a née motor, send them yours and keep the warranty for a spare...........you’ll need a spare!!! 🤣

They tried that with me once. Explain that you have upgraded parts on it and they will work better with you. The guy told me that if I sent everything back they would confirm the issue, throw it in the junk pile and mail me out a brand new truck. Once I mentioned the shocks and bearings and other items I had on it, he said fine we will mail a new ESC to you.

Don’t send your vehicle in! They did not charge me anything to have it fixed, but they did not fix anything. Here is exactly what they said.

Had a chance to look at your ARRMA Notorious 6S BLX RTR that you sent to us for service. Unfortunately, due to the wear and tear and the heavy modifications to the vehicle, we are not going to be able to cover the repair costs under the manufactures warranty. The rear diff was indeed stripped and mostly because it is in the Hot Bodies diff case which we have had problems with in the past. They need to be shimmed perfectly otherwise it just continues to strip out diffs. The motor is seized but it is due to the center diff having so much slop in the center diff mount. The driveshafts are all worn out and the front and rear diffs outdrive has a lot of wear and slop. Fixing all the problems and returning everything back to the manufactures specs would just be not cost-effective for us to do. We can offer you a new truck at a 30% discount as a trade-in to get you back going again or return it to you as is. Sorry for the inconvenience!!

Last edited:
What is hot bodies?

What is hot bodies?
Hot racing diff cover. I also find it very insulting that they would even ask me to trade in it and save 30% on a new one when I have so many upgrades! I have the rpm front bumper, aluminum chassis braces, 2 hot racing diff covers, and more.

Hot racing diff cover. I also find it very insulting that they would even ask me to trade in it and save 30% on a new one when I have so many upgrades! I have the rpm front bumper, aluminum chassis braces, 2 hot racing diff covers, and more.
That is pretty disappointing, but TBH, I don't really expect much from HH in terms of customer service (if you think about it). HH is a big company that owns a bunch of smaller ones (Arrma, Losi, Axial, E-flite, etc.). Most HH vehicles also have a 2 year warranty, so it's really not a surprise that they get a lot of warranty claims. The more warranty claims they get, the more the quality deteriorates in order to keep up with the demand.

A few months ago, I had a clicking rear diff on my Granite BLX (from factory; never even drove it), and I sent them an email about it with a video attached. It took them 8 days to get a representative to even reply only to ask for proof of purchase. Gave them that on Feb 1st, and they replied on Feb 26th (25 days later) only after I sent them a follow-up email. The representative told me that Horizon had ordered me a differential, but it was out of stock, so I would have to wait until it was in stock. (if you're wondering, the hobby shop I purchased from didn't help much either) I didn't want to wait anymore so I just paid for it myself on eBay.

If anyone has any warranty issues in the future, I wouldn't really bother to contact HH if it's a (relatively) cheap part or if it's a part that's upgradable within reason.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back