Horrible tower hobbies experience

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Drewski

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Ok so I ordered some batteries from tower hobbies, I noticed they were the wrong ones like 2 min after I placed the order over the phone. I called back and wanted to change them to the right ones, they told me to order two more and send the ones back I don't want, hoping to rip me off.. What kind of bullshit is this!! nothing was sent it was just a few min after I placed the order. Just saying Amazon wouldn't do me like that, they would make sure that I get what I want.. I know I will never order anything from them again. Not even the batteries I wanted!! :mad::mad:

Well i ordered my talion from them
Im a member so i use the coupon for 70 bucks
Then check out time
They only have 2 days shipping
And 1 day shipping
I called them
And they told me they only can shipped it to me for 2 days shipping or 1 day shipping

2 days shipping is 133.00
1 day 200+
Wtf lol
So i use 2 day shipping
Onky to find out its more than 2 days
I should have it on the 2nd

it'll be my last order from them also
I have been ordering from them
For the last couple of years
I have been using priority mail from them
Without any problem
But with the talion no priority mail wtf

I was contacted by tower hobbies today and they took care of the issue. They were surprised that the person didn't want to take care of the problem as well.. I was credited for the wrong item and my second order of the right item the shipping was waved.

I was contacted by tower hobbies today and they took care of the issue. They were surprised that the person didn't want to take care of the problem as well.. I was credited for the wrong item and my second order of the right item the shipping was waved.

Thats good to hear man

@Drewski - honestly, that's the first time I ever heard of that happening with Tower Hobbies, but glad to hear that they resolved it. However, the first rep may have been thinking that the first order couldn't be reversed, so was going the "refused shipment" route, which would work, but take a lot longer to go through the whole thing.

@ARRMAgeddon - You live in Hawaii, right? That's a steep shipping bill. But... You get to live in Hawaii (says a guy in MN) :D

@Drewski - honestly, that's the first time I ever heard of that happening with Tower Hobbies, but glad to hear that they resolved it. However, the first rep may have been thinking that the first order couldn't be reversed, so was going the "refused shipment" route, which would work, but take a lot longer to go through the whole thing.

@ARRMAgeddon - You live in Hawaii, right? That's a steep shipping bill. But... You get to live in Hawaii (says a guy in MN) :D

Hahahhah yeah i guess youre right :D
On the middle of nowhere lol
Im Just surprise th didnt have the priority shipping for this rig
I have been ordering from them for the last oh 10 years?:D
They have the lowest shipping to me in hawaii

Seems a bit odd they would want you to place a second order without changing the first order.

It does sound so un-Tower-like.
They have made some errors on my orders, they're only human, but they always made good on it.
I'm sorry to hear you had a bad Tower experience.

Well...I am not to thrilled either about them...:cool:
They wanted to know everything about me...Including copies of my ID, birth certificate, bank contract and a form from my credit card company...:confused:
All digital, via unsecure email, with the reassurance that they would delete them after they had checked them...o_O:(
Because of all those credit card fraude going on..........:eek:
First time in the, say 15, years I use my credit cards online a company has asked me this...And order stuff all over the globe...:mad:
No, thank you very much......
And it was a small order to.......o_O

Huh?
I have been ordering from them for over 10 years now i think have never asked me for anything
Not even the first time i just punched in my credit card numbers

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back