Hoss's charging setup

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hoss81

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Kraton 6s
Lots of talk about charging setups and I wanted to show you all what I use.

Power supply - Venom Pro Power 1350w 60A (I believe Protek sells the same thing under their brand).
This power supply allows me to charge 2x 6S packs @ 15A, 2x 2S packs @ 6A, and 2x 3S packs @ 6S all at the same time. With that load I pull about 860-870 watts (per the PS display).
Purchased Refurbished direct from Venom for $186.99

Chargers:
Revolectrix GT500 DUO. I use this to charge my big packs. 4s, 5s and 6s. Most of my batteries I charge at 2C, so I needed some power.
Cost: $110 shipped

Racers Edge Cube 200. When I raced this charger was my favorite purchase ever. I raced in 3 classes (all 2S) and this will charge a 2S at 6A, which is enough to charge most 2S packs in about 16-20 minutes. Super useful when you are running anywhere from 6-9 races in an afternoon.
Cost: $140 (in 2010 this was expensive)

That's what I got. It works well for me, I would consider it still a fairly budget minded setup. They make chargers that cost well into the $300-500 range. I have under $400 for my entire setup.

Love that setup! You got a super nice deal on the gt500 duo. What do you usually charge your batteries @? 1c, 1.5c , 2c, 3c?
Do you ever take that set up pit on the road and if so do you use a case?

My 2S packs are on the older side so I change them at 1C. The 4s and 6S packs are new and they are good to 3C charging. I usually charge them at 2C.

I have a obnoxiously large toolbox and the power supply fits perfectly inside it.

If I'm using it on the road in typically only take the GT500. I don't race anymore. Wife and 2 kids, I could never get 5 free hours on a Sunday.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back