Big Rock Hot Racing 17mm Hex

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bicketybam

Back from vacation!
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Infraction
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Kraton 4s
  7. Mojave
  8. Notorious
  9. Talion
  10. Typhon 6s
These just showed up. I am really impressed with the product. They seem really well made and went on easy enough. The added width is nice. I mounted the MX28's I was running on my Typhon 6s.

20190208_120047.jpg
20190208_120401.jpg
20190208_120420.jpg

Just in time for the weekend!

Wow. Just wow. That is a nice combo. Unless I'm buying a sensored setup, I'll never buy Castle again. This Hobbywing system is super nice and reasonably priced. The cogging I experienced with the BLX system is all but gone. You can barely detect it when starting and it's just a slight sound. Nothing like the delay with the BLX. The ESC has so many more programing options (love running 7.4v to the servo) and the motor is smooth and strong. I'll be ordering another combo for my BRCC.

I thought it was a nice setup too but didn’t have anything to compare it too...just seemed like loads of power. I do need to wrap my tires though because they balloon pretty bad. How did you like the adapter plate that came with it lol? I like that a company goes the extra to include stuff like that.

I thought it was a nice setup too but didn’t have anything to compare it too...just seemed like loads of power. I do need to wrap my tires though because they balloon pretty bad. How did you like the adapter plate that came with it lol? I like that a company goes the extra to include stuff like that.
The plate was awesome. I hate using double sided tape on ESC's. I wish they had something for the switch though. Still, it came with a bunch of extra stuff that I thought was really a nice touch.

Same here...I ended up just using the tape and putting the switch on top of the servo. What did you do with the temp wire? I’m going take care of it on mine tonight and planned on securing it to the motor wires.

Same here...I ended up just using the tape and putting the switch on top of the servo. What did you do with the temp wire? I’m going take care of it on mine tonight and planned on securing it to the motor wires.
I just hooked it up and left it hanging. The way I beat on my trucks, tidy wires is the least of my worries ?

Nice adapters ??

Correct me if I’m mistaken, but this truck’s drivetrain was designed to be used with 2.8” diameter tires, no? Adding more meat will surely put more stress on diffs and components.

Nice adapters ??

Correct me if I’m mistaken, but this truck’s drivetrain was designed to be used with 2.8” diameter tires, no? Adding more meat will surely put more stress on diffs and components.
There’s more 2.8 tire/wheel offerings in 17mm hex than 14mm I believe.

Nice adapters ??

I'd never run anything larger than 2.8 on my Granite. I got these because I had the MX28 Badlands that were on my Typhon.

Oh.. I see. I figured these were 3.8” units due to their 17mm hex.

Learn something every day ☺️

Would you recommend for the senton blx 3s?

If you want to run tires with 17mm hexes, I guess. I'm not sure they even make tires in that size with 17mm hexes. Now if you wanted to convert it to a MT, then yes.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back