Hot Racing alloy driveshafts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just put these on mine today, very nice quality part and gives a nice stance but definitely have to use lock tight on then as i lost a wheel within 10 minutes lol

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190206-221757_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20190206-221757_eBay.jpg
    239.6 KB · Views: 57
And yes these don't need a 12mm hex they just slip on the axel and come with pins and a nice barrel nut

No , before I had these 10mm offset ones i was running just a 17mm adapter from traxxas they sold me at my local hobby shop thatdidnt fit right or work very well , the tires would rub slightly when you would turn under power with tires ballooning , the trimmed very little off of the back front fenders and fixed that and now with the +10mm offset they don't touch at all and gives a very nice wide stance and im not getting as much exercise having to run and go get the truck to flip it back over now lol this truck 100% needs these

@Megasty was right. $137 for a complete set of the Hot Racing driveshafts and one if them broke. Yes, it was a bad landing but that's why I bought them.....protection against my crappy driving! I emailed them and asked if it were possible to purchase just the part that broke. If they refuse I am going back to stock. I'm so upset.

@Megasty was right. $137 for a complete set of the Hot Racing driveshafts and one if them broke. Yes, it was a bad landing but that's why I bought them.....protection against my crappy driving! I emailed them and asked if it were possible to purchase just the part that broke. If they refuse I am going back to stock. I'm so upset.

View attachment 31940

I thought on their website it says that they have a 50% discount on broken parts. You’ll probably be stuck with a pair but it’ll be half off, hopefully?

I thought on their website it says that they have a 50% discount on broken parts. You’ll probably be stuck with a pair but it’ll be half off, hopefully?

I emailed them. We will see what they say.

View attachment 31940

Wow! I used to ride hare scrambles with a guy that said, "if you ain't breakin sh*t, you ain't ridin fast enough." lol Pretty sure no one stress tests parts on this forum as hard as you bro. You need to start a thread of "Bickety approved parts" of parts you've ran and held up.

I appreciate the honest review on the HR axles, I was on the fence about ordering them. Hope they take care of you.

I'm thinking corrosion may have played a role in this. I am checking the other U-joints and they all have an unusual amount of rust on them.

I'm thinking corrosion may have played a role in this. I am checking the other U-joints and they all have an unusual amount of rust on them.

View attachment 32025View attachment 32026View attachment 32027
Ever I since I switched to MIP driveshafts on my "other" truck, one thing I always made sure of, was to keep them well lubed. The thin coating wears off almost immediately, and rust is inevitable. Seeing these pics, it's fair to say that corrosion definitely had a role. If putting grease isn't your thing, dry graphite lube works wonders, but needs to be reapplied more often. It won't pick up as much contamination, but does a good job of preventing rust. Too bad MIP hasn't produced anything for the 3s line yet, but I'm sure it won't be long before they do. When you contact HR, I would request a complete set of replacements, and lube up what you have for now, so you can keep running with the replacement of the one drive shaft with a stock part.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back