Kraton Hot Racing Aluminum Rear Axle Carriers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bicketybam

Back from vacation!
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Infraction
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Kraton 4s
  7. Mojave
  8. Notorious
  9. Talion
  10. Typhon 6s
Is the stock hardware supposed to fit the HR aluminum carrier? The pin that connects it to the A-arm is so tight I had the hammer the hell out of it to get it through and I can't even imagine getting that pin out again. I've only done one side so I'm thinking of drilling out the other. This is nuts. Any ideas?

Now I have a problem with the rear chassis brace. I cannot move the pin in or out, nor turn it left or right. Everything was going well and it just stopped turning. It's not like it got gradually harder to turn either. It just became stuck. I've pretty much stripped out the hex head Any ideas on how to get this out?

20180803_161010.jpg 20180803_161007.jpg

Have you tried a pair of vise grips or needle nose vise grips to try and back it out?

anvil-all-trades-needle-nose-pliers-anvilp612lnlock-64_1000.jpg

Have you tried a pair of vise grips or needle nose vise grips to try and back it out?

anvil-all-trades-needle-nose-pliers-anvilp612lnlock-64_1000.jpg

I ended up throwing it in the freezer for an hour and then I was able to pull it out with vice grips. I then had to drill out the hole in the mount so it would fit. Hot Racing quality control is pretty bad based in the products I bought.

That is odd because all of the hr parts I installed were all excellent. Glad to hear you were able to get it out.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back