Hot racing axle pins

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peteyk49

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Voltage
Hey, today I lost an axle pin for my Arrma brcc. I’m running the hot racing +10mm hub extenders with the 17mm hex. Some how the pin broke or fell out and I can’t find replacements. Any ideas? The hub is still attached to the barrel nut and wheel nut. The size is 2.5x14.7mm axle pins... thanks!

In a pinch. Cut a drill bit to fit. Pick a size that is the same diameter.
Ok man... good call!!!. I didn’t have a drill bit that size I was willing to sacrifice but I used a nail and cut it to size. It fits in there snug. I will use it until I can find the proper replacement. I’m assuming when I was installing the hubs, and accidentally stabbed myself in the hand taking out the grub screw on the stock hub, I got blood and loctite on the threads... and it didn’t hold haha. the barrel nut backed out... I was hoping my blood and loctite was good enough haha..thanks for the tip!!! You guys in this forum rock !??
A temporary permanent fix.
Haha probably... I have a few more nails the same size just in case it happens again!

Awesome. I’ll order some thanks! If they are too long I’ll just shave them down

@Peteyk49 I have a Granite with the HR hub extenders for 17mm hex. I lost a pin. Did this fit without cutting I need to order a pack because the 14mm hex pin that came with it is too small.

@Peteyk49 I have a Granite with the HR hub extenders for 17mm hex. I lost a pin. Did this fit without cutting I need to order a pack because the 14mm hex pin that came with it is too small.
No. I used stainless nails I had laying around. They fit perfect. I cut them to size and haven’t had a problem since. I did order Tekno pins that are a bit longer. I’ll use them and cut them down if need be. I also bought a cheap pair of hardened drill bits that I could use too. My Temporary fix is still holding fine so I haven’t changed them yet

The Arrma Typhon 3s pins are a direct fit, I can pull out one of the Hot Racing ones and set it next to the Typhon 3s pin if you want.

No. I used stainless nails I had laying around. They fit perfect. I cut them to size and haven’t had a problem since. I did order Tekno pins that are a bit longer. I’ll use them and cut them down if need be. I also bought a cheap pair of hardened drill bits that I could use too. My Temporary fix is still holding fine so I haven’t changed them yet

Thx...I can look for a temp home solution to do this for now. How much lock tight did you use to keep them from coming off... maybe I did not use enough I'm guessing?
The Arrma Typhon 3s pins are a direct fit, I can pull out one of the Hot Racing ones and set it next to the Typhon 3s pin if you want.

I appreciate the offer to do that...no let's not mess with it to create an issue for you. I will order those this is perfect!! I'll ask you the same did you use medium lock tight and how much did you apply or how you applied it?

Thx...I can look for a temp home solution to do this for now. How much lock tight did you use to keep them from coming off... maybe I did not use enough I'm guessing?

I appreciate the offer to do that...no let's not mess with it to create an issue for you. I will order those this is perfect!! I'll ask you the same did you use medium lock tight and how much did you apply or how you applied it?
Initially I did and that is how I lost one of mine and found the Arrma ones worked. I cleaned everything up with some brake cleaner then applied some Orange Permitex and so far the has been holding great.

I went pretty generous with the blue loctite. I let it setup for 24hrs or so. We’ve ran it on 4s a handful of times and still haven’t lost another pin. I’ll order the typhon pins just in case

Looks like I should order the Typhon pins as well. I too lost my pin and had the HR adapter come off. The typon pin says its 2.5x15.2mm; however the HR pin is 2.5mmx14.7mm. Seems that 0.5mm is ok.
Yeah it only equates to 0.25mm on each side, that is only like 2 hairs.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back