Big Rock Hot racing bell crank binding

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carlw85

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hi all! Wondering if anyone else is having issues with hot racing bell crank binding when installing on new chassis. Arrma big rock v3. Swapped all the parts to new chassis, fired her up and no steering. Thought servo had seized or gone bad and finally discovered it’s the bell crank that is binding. It’s like the mounting posts are canted or slightly misaligned.

Maybe try reinstalling it? Maybe something is wrong like a screw sticking out somewhere. See if it’s free before the servo is connected and then work through piece by piece
Thanks for the reply. I had tried that multiple times. As soon as the mount screws below (to chassis) are tightened to the posts it binds. Loosened the screws and it was fine but same thing happens when bulkhead is put on which secures the posts in place. Very odd. Reason for new chassis was a pretty extreme front impact that blew up the whole front end. Thinking the bell crank assembly is bent or something I can’t see. Ran out of time and put the stock assembly back on and works fine but back to the old sloppy steering unfortunately.

Ran out of time and put the stock assembly back on and works fine but back to the old sloppy steering unfortunately.
Is there really a difference? I ran the Hot Racing bellcrank for a year and a half. I recently switched back to stock plastic just to see if there was a difference. I can't really tell. If there is a difference, it's minimal.

Is there really a difference? I ran the Hot Racing bellcrank for a year and a half. I recently switched back to stock plastic just to see if there was a difference. I can't really tell. If there is a difference, it's minimal.
I am sure it is part psychological, but seems like it drifts a lot more and does not turn as tightly. The tire opposite the servo is especially bad as far as play goes. Wobbles all over the place and impossible to adjust the toe.
Without pics it’s hard to say?
Make sure there’s nothing in the gray plastic cap that go on top of the posts too?
All clear. Nothing to take pictures of really. Everything looks normal and installs easily. Will try and get pictures later this week.

Last edited:
Back