Big Rock Hot racing bell crank

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peteyk49

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Voltage
Does anyone know where I could get the hot racing steering bell crank for my sons brcc? They seem to be out of stock everywhere I’ve looked. Thanks!

Does anyone know where I could get the hot racing steering bell crank for my sons brcc? They seem to be out of stock everywhere I’ve looked. Thanks!
You will need to locate one in stock at a LHS as all the online inventory is sold out. This is common with HR parts. They have droughts all the time.

I’ll have to call around. Both lhs within 30 mins of me sell mainly traxxas stuff. Every time I call they basically tell me I can get arrma stuff cheaper and quicker online. I guess I’ll call around and see if they could ship the parts to me idk
I’ll have to call around. Both lhs within 30 mins of me sell mainly traxxas stuff. Every time I call they basically tell me I can get arrma stuff cheaper and quicker online. I guess I’ll call around and see if they could ship the parts to me idk
My luck, because of covid-19, all the lhs with in an hour are temporarily closed. Haha my luck.

If you spend a few minutes tweeking the stock bell crank, and swap the crappy plastic bushing for bearing, you will have smooth, zero slop steering. Seriously.

Check each pivot ball, and tweek as need to make it move free. Also make sure your SS is not dragging the chassis - shim the servo up (with flat washers) as needed. This took me half an hour, and made my Granite so much more drive-able...

The aluminum will help to stiffen it up too as a system. The stiffer system can actually translate to a faster response when it doesn't flex under steering load which is what the servo saver should be for. But if the steering rack is flexing you lose some steering performance too.

And I'm at my lhs. Want some stuff myself :)

If you spend a few minutes tweeking the stock bell crank, and swap the crappy plastic bushing for bearing, you will have smooth, zero slop steering. Seriously.

Check each pivot ball, and tweek as need to make it move free. Also make sure your SS is not dragging the chassis - shim the servo up (with flat washers) as needed. This took me half an hour, and made my Granite so much more drive-able...
I’ll give it a try. I have a bearing kit to install and it came with a bearing to replace the bushing. I ordered the HR aluminum pivot balls too

This might be an alternative until they are back in stock if you want aluminum. They are available in different colors. Not sure if it’s worth the cost though. Does anyone have the bearing specs handy in order to replace the factory bushings?

Attachments

• 27500E11-2C7A-47AA-B6A4-A975922049F4.png
    27500E11-2C7A-47AA-B6A4-A975922049F4.png
    677.9 KB · Views: 62
This might be an alternative until they are back in stock if you want aluminum. They are available in different colors. Not sure if it’s worth the cost though. Does anyone have the bearing specs handy in order to replace the factory bushings?
5x10x4 bearings

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back