Kraton Hot racing center diff mount / brace gear cover / not happy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NastyNate

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Typhon 6s
Fellas-

So, I am the type to just go for it and sometimes it bites me in the @ss. Purchased after much success with other H.R. parts.... but no research.

Thinking the v4 comes with this slick new motor mount, I felt it was durable enough to stay stock - however I wanted to eliminate the other two plastic pieces in the center diff....

I hope I am wrong.... from what i see you cannot purchase AON38C01 and AON38A01 ( diff mount / brace) and expect them to fit on the stock motor mount.

Also disappointed the body cage wont work either... feel that should be noted on the product description.

I have not found a disclaimer, or any other information that this wont work.... gotta buy the package. Why is it not sold as one? I am feeling taken advantage of. This crap is going in the parts box. End rant. Pics attached for reference.

Attachments

• 15662691570102700299854776991770.jpg
    15662691570102700299854776991770.jpg
    207.6 KB · Views: 294
  • 15662692395142745166028015074634.jpg
    15662692395142745166028015074634.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 183
Yeah, that stinks. HR has not come up with a diff support or top piece yet for the v4. The one you have will fit the older motor/dif mounts. id leave it stock, mines pretty solid yet and Ive been putting it thru the ringer lately.

Yeah, that stinks. HR has not come up with a diff support or top piece yet for the v4. The one you have will fit the older motor/dif mounts. id leave it stock, mines pretty solid yet and Ive been putting it thru the ringer lately.
This^ that stuff is designed for the pre v4 models, Hot Racing should state this on their site. But your center diff is leaking.

Feel for you OP but the HR does state V3 fitment.

I’m sure I saw they have released a V4 version now

Hot Racing diff cover works with v3 stock motor mount and diff brace. It also works with the Hot Racing sliding motor mount and stock diff brace. It was designed before the new arrma motor mounts

HR also lists the exact Arrma vehicle part #'s for each and every part. No offence dude, but you have to be very thorough when buying upgrades to ensure that the part is compatible. If you aren't sure, ask. Having said that, thanks for posting so others can learn from it. I also ordered the wrong center diff mount, and when I saw it didn't fit immediately knew I was at fault. I ordered the GPM and wasn't sure it was the right one, I should have asked as I knew there are differences for the V4 center diff mount. Live and learn.

HR also lists the exact Arrma vehicle part #'s for each and every part. No offence dude, but you have to be very thorough when buying upgrades to ensure that the part is compatible. If you aren't sure, ask. Having said that, thanks for posting so others can learn from it. I also ordered the wrong center diff mount, and when I saw it didn't fit immediately knew I was at fault. I ordered the GPM and wasn't sure it was the right one, I should have asked as I knew there are differences for the V4 center diff mount. Live and learn.
I've done stuff kind of like this, went to buy a Hot Racing spur for my mini and remembered someone saying that the Losi mini 8 spur was a direct fit, well I failed to realize that the 60t 48p spur was quite a bit larger in diameter than the stock 60t 0.5 mod spur :facepalm: of course it hit everything and would not work without serious modifications, come to find out I was supposed to buy the 0.5 mod spur for the Vaterra Kalahari...... All I had to do was ask someone over in the thread on Rctech but nope I just assumed. And you know what they say about when you assume something. We are human we're not perfect but most of us at least learn from our mistakes.

This was posted quite a while ago- yes - lesson learned.

I do not need a tutorial.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back