Hot Racing Diff Casing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd be inclined to go with the arrma ones... but currently, I have neither. It's been a year, guessing my outcast is due for some diff maintenance. lol

You don't need the diff case if you get the bulkheads. I just run the stock diff case with the hr bulkhead solid as a rock
They serve two different functions though. Getting the bulkhead won't stop the plastic diff cup from flexing or warping/melting due to heat. The aluminum diff cup won't stop the plastic bulkhead from cracking and breaking.

Totally different!

I’m going for the arrma diff cups for more strength and heat dissipation.

As for the housings yes mainly they are cosmetic and if anything the added weight isn’t helpful but compare to my other RC I find the Arrma plastic quite weak in theses areas and the threads don’t give me much faith.

Just done a check of the screws in my Typhon and found a few chassis screws 1-1.5 turns loose and more annoying three of the screws holding the side guards are fully stripped from factory ☹️

Aluminum cases and Arrma Alum. cups? If I did that to my Noto with everything I have on it and the chassis I'm wanting and I'm looking at a motor upgrade a lot sooner than planned. That's some weight. I haven't even built my Arrma cup because of how heavy it is. I still might, but it's hefty.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back