Hot racing hub adapters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harriot10

Speed runner with a learner’s permit 🤣
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Felony
  3. Granite
  4. Infraction
  5. Kraton 8S
  6. Kraton 6s
  7. Kraton EXB
  8. Outcast 6s
  9. Typhon 6s
I knew this day would come! I lost on of the barrel nuts that hold my hot racing 6mm offset hub adapters on. Rear axle snapped while bashing today, barrel nut gone! So, do I spend another $30 on a complete set. Can’t find the barrel nuts anywhere. Pretty convenient for HR!? ANY IDEAS?
41203C8B-22E2-4B95-98ED-80755F171657.jpeg

I knew this day would come! I lost on of the barrel nuts that hold my hot racing 6mm offset hub adapters on. Rear axle snapped while bashing today, barrel nut gone! So, do I spend another $30 on a complete set. Can’t find the barrel nuts anywhere. Pretty convenient for HR!? ANY IDEAS?View attachment 79497

I don't see the nuts available separately from HR but only did a quick look.
You can check here: https://hot-racing.com/index.cgi?c=0

I also don't have enough knowledge to know if these are common hardware. Good luck. I know it sucks to have to buy a new set. Wonder if any others here have come into the same situation and could mail you an extra one. I'll look in my small parts drawers but don't recall seeing anything in there lately.

I don't see the nuts available separately from HR but only did a quick look.
You can check here: https://hot-racing.com/index.cgi?c=0

I also don't have enough knowledge to know if these are common hardware. Good luck. I know it sucks to have to buy a new set. Wonder if any others here have come into the same situation and could mail you an extra one. I'll look in my small parts drawers but don't recall seeing anything in there lately.
Gotta set on the way. Looks like just the barrels were available before. Who knows maybe they’ll get back in stock some time soon. It’s seem like everything I need from HR is on back order when I need it. Thanks for your help!??

maybe they’ll get back in stock some time soon
Glad you were able to at least find some help to get back running even if it costs a new part.
Sad to see that it looks like we may be out of luck for new barrel nuts solo. According to their replacement program details, they've probably discontinued it. I guess they like it better when folks have to buy the whole kit.
I also know (from reading here at the forum) that Hot Racing makes it very hard to contact them and the 50% off program is probably useless. Shame because there's so much potential for these guys to be leaders in the mass-produced upgrade market.

https://hot-racing.com/replacements/

1589158787699.png

Glad you were able to at least find some help to get back running even if it costs a new part.
Sad to see that it looks like we may be out of luck for new barrel nuts solo. According to their replacement program details, they've probably discontinued it. I guess they like it better when folks have to buy the whole kit.
I also know (from reading here at the forum) that Hot Racing makes it very hard to contact them and the 50% off program is probably useless. Shame because there's so much potential for these guys to be leaders in the mass-produced upgrade market.

https://hot-racing.com/replacements/

View attachment 79540
I’ve seen the same thing on the forums. Their customer service is a joke. I had an issue with one of their servo savers. When I emailed for the warranty, I never got a response. Amazon gave me my money back luckily. Hot racing makes some good stuff for the most part, but don’t expect to get in touch with them.

I had this issue with spare HR parts. I decided since HR didn’t want to offer support I would have to resort to shady means to get help. I purchased a new product on Amazon and returned the one I had a missing screw from. If they would have just offered for purchase the propriety screw I needed I wouldn’t have had to resort to what I would normally call getting over on someone. Now that you know their business model, you can choose to avoid their products, or you can continue to buy them and use Amazon for warranty and support.

I had this issue with spare HR parts. I decided since HR didn’t want to offer support I would have to resort to shady means to get help. I purchased a new product on Amazon and returned the one I had a missing screw from. If they would have just offered for purchase the propriety screw I needed I wouldn’t have had to resort to what I would normally call getting over on someone. Now that you know their business model, you can choose to avoid their products, or you can continue to buy them and use Amazon for warranty and support.

I don't mind doing this with Amazon considering I don't get everything they tell me I get with my Prime membership. I understand it can be shady but I pay for the support that some of these other guys won't come through on. I don't blame you and I don't feel it's gaming the system when we spend up front for the help.
Some of the Hot Racing products are worth it especially if they're the only option (6s steering hubs, etc.) Maybe as time goes on more M2C designs and more vendor options for stuff M2C doesn't want to mess with.
edit: Also, if Amazon notices they end up having to support HR, they'll eventually drop em as a vendor and HR will have to get better to stay strong. Just imo.

Last edited:
Ok good. There’s a couple sites that always say they have stuff but they email you an hour later saying it’s out of stock
Amazon has next day on the hubs right now!??
I agree that HR support is none existent! What’s the alternative for upgrades. GPM is good, takes a month to arrive. Never tried Integy, but heard their parts bend easily. I buy almost everything I can from amazon. They usually don’t give much trouble with returns. ??

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back