Kraton Hot racing hubs ???????? Any good

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rowanjr420

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
  2. BigRock 4x4
So my stock hub is not up to par one cracked and looking to upgrade but don't know how the aluminum hubs will work they worth the money or anything else i should consider

I put a set on my Typhon V3 6S. If I recall, they have a larger diameter inner bearing. Inside hole is the same, just a tad larger bearing. Nicely made too.:)

I have them on 3 of my 5 trucks. Never had an issue with them and you will never pull a ball though. Steering slop reduced as well.

I got some trying use up the two factory set I have though. Can manage to break um. Broke one that came with my outcast order two sets. And they sit in the tool box till I need um. Like 8$a set.

Sounds like another 100$ at it but if I'm running my new motor and pushing 80plus mph I think I better just get them. Just need new shock towers and hubs it will be finished. Its brand new and put more money in it with the chassis and tires motor braces new futaba 4pm should be a beast when I'm done

Outcastnuts - your response is not understandable. Please respond in some manner that makes sense.

Ed, are you saying that you have broken or have issue with the stock parts?

Or have upgraded just in preventive measure?

I have them on 3 of my 5 trucks. Never had an issue with them and you will never pull a ball though. Steering slop reduced as well.
The way you land on the roof, you will never ever break a hub.
I swear that was the first thing that crossed my mind and I really couldn't help myself.
I love you Slicketyslam.:love:;)

Outcastnuts - your response is not understandable. Please respond in some manner that makes sense.

I got some trying use up the two factory set I have though. Can manage to break um. Broke one that came with my outcast order two sets. And they sit in the tool box till I need um. Like 8$a set.

TRANSLATION:
"I have some hot racing hubs but haven't used them yet as I still have two stock sets that I ordered when I previously broke one on my outcast. They are sitting in my toolbox unused, and only cost $8 a set vs the high expense of the hot racing hubs."

I speak fluent typo. :D

I have them front and rear on my v3 Kraton. Had a couple small issues. On the rear I had a hard time getting the lower bolt to pass through the lower mounting hole. Had a combo of used and new ones, and still had to use a scotchbrite pad on the bolts to get them to pass through. Then 2nd run out both rear inner bearing blew the seals out, and ruined the bearings. Being an oversized bearing I had to source them myself. It’s a #6802 if anyone is interested. Sent a warranty email to HR, but got no response. Cheap fix, but more of a PITA than anything else.

I have the GPM. Not 100% sure of them, at least I don't like the plastic screw things at the rear as they are too tight and too soft, so I would go with the above and give HR a crack.

I agree with my wife when she says that I need a another friend who likes playing with kids toys, that way I could persuade them to buy differently to me and get a better sense of what is more effective opposed to just sucking and seeing.

I agree with my wife when she says that I need a another friend who likes playing with kids toys, that way I could persuade them to buy differently to me and get a better sense of what is more effective opposed to just sucking and seeing.

I agree- as I have recently bought a few different internal diff gear sets from different manufacturers to test for everyone. So far- wasted money.

But fortunately my wife is not involved- 100% independent finances. My money is my money, her money is her money. And anyway- in the grand scheme of things all this is cheap. A night out at dinner, a pair of shoes, a purse,... it doesn't matter..

I'd just like a friend local to build and run the cars with- instead of being the lonely weird guy that still plays with toys..

I'm the single bread winner in our family, but even back in the day we never had her money and my money it has always been "ours". I did get quite a shock a moment ago when I realised that I bought the card with the debit card and not the credit card. She does keep an eye on the debit card but not the credit :eek:. My excuse preparation now has to kick into overdrive. Saying that the devil made me do it stopped working back in 1995

I'm the single bread winner in our family, but even back in the day we never had her money and my money it has always been "ours". I did get quite a shock a moment ago when I realised that I bought the card with the debit card and not the credit card. She does keep an eye on the debit card but not the credit :eek:. My excuse preparation now has to kick into overdrive. Saying that the devil made me do it stopped working back in 1995
Oh boy, where do you start?:eek:
I'm also the only one bringing home the bacon, taking care of my wife and kids. But, as long as the bills are paid, there's food on the table and a roof over our heads, my wife overlooks my spending on the hobby. She's probably just happy I don't spend the money on hookers.:cool:

Humm, youz guys and the wives. I've had 3 of them. What's theirs is theirs, what's yours is theirs, and the reason they call them "house wives" is because they keep the house! Been single since 1992, and LUV it! Got a house full of toys, and a barn full of motorcycles! Just sayin, that's all.:)

Humm, youz guys and the wives. I've had 3 of them. What's theirs is theirs, what's yours is theirs, and the reason they call them "house wives" is because they keep the house! Been single since 1992, and LUV it! Got a house full of toys, and a barn full of motorcycles! Just sayin, that's all.:)
Truth! I'm on my third but she let's me be me and do what I want.
I wish I had a bike. I had to sell mine when I got sick. I didn't care at the time because it didn't look like I was going to make it. But I kicked it and now I get to be all pissed off every time I hear bikes go by.

I agree- as I have recently bought a few different internal diff gear sets from different manufacturers to test for everyone. So far- wasted money.

But fortunately my wife is not involved- 100% independent finances. My money is my money, her money is her money. And anyway- in the grand scheme of things all this is cheap. A night out at dinner, a pair of shoes, a purse,... it doesn't matter..

I'd just like a friend local to build and run the cars with- instead of being the lonely weird guy that still plays with toys..
I'm in Colorado buddy if your local let's go bash

I'm spoiling myself rotten. Will be 70 in Sept. I have 3, Triumph Rocket 3's, 2 Harley Sportsters, and a Kawasaki ZRX1200r. All tagged/registered. Just had a minor stroke (TIA) a month ago, but still able to ride. But probably won't be too long, and I'll have to start selling off. Gonna have fun while I can still enjoy it. Life's too short. Taking it one day at a time!:);)

I spoil my wife so I can spoil myself as my 5 year old owns a big rock 4x4 and my 2 year old owns a raider lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back