Kraton Hot Racing hubs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hfdr19

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Fazon
  3. Fury
  4. Nero
  5. Talion
IMG_0719.JPG
IMG_0720.JPG
Add the Hot Racing rear hubs and front steering hop ups for my Kraton.

Nice truck. What's next on the hop up list if anything at all?

Thanks for sharing.

I really want to know a couple people's thoughts on these. They look friggin sweet. Are they going to be good for bashing though? I am wondering it maybe they are too rigid. You know, sending the stress further up the chain. The composite stocks Hubs will flex, and therefore send less stress to the next parts. But they do look super cool. I'm not sure I'm even willing to bash as hard as it would take to matter. Let us know what you think.

I really want to know a couple people's thoughts on these. They look friggin sweet. Are they going to be good for bashing though? I am wondering it maybe they are too rigid. You know, sending the stress further up the chain. The composite stocks Hubs will flex, and therefore send less stress to the next parts. But they do look super cool. I'm not sure I'm even willing to bash as hard as it would take to matter. Let us know what you think.

I am wondering that myself. I can understand some of the upgraded aluminum parts like the supports and servo mounts but I'm not sure about the other parts. Just like dpricenator said you will move the stress further up the chain and sometime compound it. I have a Yeti that I attempted to make bulletproof and ended up spending so much money on it as I kept upgrading new broken parts with aluminum. It was a never ending cycle. It ended up being so heavy that I could just thing about bashing it and a diff would blow....lol...jk. I also think the parts looks freaking awesome and I really want to get them but I'm scurd that it will just start that cycle again and just chasing the next broke part. I'm interested to hear everyone's opinion on this one.

I bought just the back carriers,since they attach to a plastic arm,the weak part stlll can flex or break.Now the front i didn't go for as if i hit something hard i want the ball to pop through!

They look great, they are expensive. The rear ones may help with the bearing fitting better. Kauaiguy has a good point about some give up front due to impacts. Overall...I feel the rear is a no brainer....the front may do better as a plastic part. Some aluminum stuff ends up being great, some not so good. I would get them and just test them out...report to us how they are. :D

It also says it has hd bearings( what ever that is) should have mine later today and will measure!

It also says it has hd bearings( what ever that is) should have mine later today and will measure!
Probably larger (Heavy Duty) I rather fit a better bearing into aluminum rather than plastic...that's the nice thing about them.

Last edited:
I bought just the back carriers,since they attach to a plastic arm,the weak part stlll can flex or break.Now the front i didn't go for as if i hit something hard i want the ball to pop through!

So Assuming the hub with stands this crash, what is the next thing to break? The ARM, right? But that could also extend to the Bulkhead or diff box? But they sure do look cool, and will match the chassis brace and center diff.

Dang it, I wanted you guys to tell me that I really needed these.

Because BLING!

The hubs and steering knuckles aren't doing anything except add a nice look! Yes they add some strength, but not enough to make the big a difference. Even the old ones weren't going to break because they are thick plastic. If you were to hit something that hard,the arms or or where the arms connect to the shock tower will fail first.

Right on, but maybe like Kauaiguy said, the pivot ball will pop through, instead of pulling out of the Arm.

I was just looking at the picture below, and was wondering if it would be wise to add a washer between the Pivot Ball and the A-Arms? There is already a shim or spacre thing there, ut replacing with a washer is my plan. mostly because I lost one of the spacer shim things the other night, but...Would that help to strengthen that connection?

full.jpg

Right on, but maybe like Kauaiguy said, the pivot ball will pop through, instead of pulling out of the Arm.

I was just looking at the picture below, and was wondering if it would be wise to add a washer between the Pivot Ball and the A-Arms? There is already a shim or spacre thing there, ut replacing with a washer is my plan. mostly because I lost one of the spacer shim things the other night, but...Would that help to strengthen that connection?

full.jpg
No the pivot ball wouldn't pop out because it's pretty much the same thing. metal cap on the original and no the plastic would not give because again if you hit it that hard it will break elsewhere.

The hopups look wonderful and i truely hope they hold up for you guys. For me personally ive had piss poor luck when it comes to anything that hot racing puts out. The term: "you get what you pay for" applies for sure. Their aluminum parts are made out of a very soft aluminum and don't hold up to bashing. Ive had very limited use before a failure occured. My hot racing parts were for my axial yeti 1/10. Hubs, hub carriers, differential covers and steering rack. The hubs stripped within an hour of use. The carriers had a plastic bushing insert for the screws that got chewed away by each impact. my differential cover was so then that any small scrape bent it allowing dirt to have free access to my gears. The steering rack i ordered was carbon fiber which held up but the screws supplied stripped really easy. Chinese parts are exactly that-cheap. I hope you all prove me wrong though :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back