HOT RACING is a dangerous place

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dpricenator

Excellence Award
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Not sure why I never put this info to use, but Hot Racing has parts for a whole boatload of different cars. So I looked up my kid's Team Ass Mini Rival 1/18 MT. I had been having a ton of trouble with the steering, and was not sure if it was the servo, or the bell crank, or what. After installing and loving the HR Bell Crank for the Kraton. I wanted to check it out for his truck. That dang site just cost me $100 in shiny blue aluminum parts for a car that didn't cost but $129. I picked up a servo mount, lower arm for the front and rear, Front and rear hubs, and front hub carriers, as well as the bell crank.

I figure with all that and the Reedy servo I picked up from Team Ass the other day for $7, that whatever the steering problem is, will be fixed.

My biggest issue is that I also have 2 more Team Ass 1/18 cars that all run off the same basic platform. So oh boy now I am forced to ungraded those cars too.

Here is a tip for Hot Racing parts. Find the part number and search Amazon. I found most of it on Amazon Prime, and it was all the same price as the HR site, and includes free shipping , and is much easier to order. I even found a couple pieces were cheaper than the HR site.

Not sure why I never put this info to use, but Hot Racing has parts for a whole boatload of different cars. So I looked up my kid's Team Ass Mini Rival 1/18 MT. I had been having a ton of trouble with the steering, and was not sure if it was the servo, or the bell crank, or what. After installing and loving the HR Bell Crank for the Kraton. I wanted to check it out for his truck. That dang site just cost me $100 in shiny blue aluminum parts for a car that didn't cost but $129. I picked up a servo mount, lower arm for the front and rear, Front and rear hubs, and front hub carriers, as well as the bell crank.

I figure with all that and the Reedy servo I picked up from Team Ass the other day for $7, that whatever the steering problem is, will be fixed.

My biggest issue is that I also have 2 more Team Ass 1/18 cars that all run off the same basic platform. So oh boy now I am forced to ungraded those cars too.

Here is a tip for Hot Racing parts. Find the part number and search Amazon. I found most of it on Amazon Prime, and it was all the same price as the HR site, and includes free shipping , and is much easier to order. I even found a couple pieces were cheaper than the HR site.

I felt the same way about the STRC parts. But that shiny aluminum sure looks nice!!!
I believe STRC is cheaper on Tower site than on their own!

Yeah I really like the aluminum stuff on the 18th scale stuff. It never sees huge jumps and the cars are light enough that they don't tend to break other parts or bend the aluminum. And if the part are well made, then it'll really tighten up the slop in my steering.

I'll have to go check out STRC

Hi

What A.E. needs to do to is make a new 1/18 that combines the steering from the rc18t2,and the drive system of the rc18.

I agree, the belt driven RC 18 with the Brushless motor, on Lipo is a bad little machine. Quick and nimble, for sure.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back