Kraton Hot racing lockers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jared

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
hi guys I’m new here and to the rc platform. My question is I have two hr lockers and was trying to decide if I would benefit from installing in the front and rear diff and increasing the center diff fluid to transfer power more evenly. Or should I lock the rear and center and increase the fluid to say 200-300 k? I only use this off rd and and using it mostly in the woods climbing and mudding. Any input or suggestions would be great. Also as a side not I have a senton6s and a summit. So I’m know this isn’t exactly what the Kraton is intended for. But I thought it would be fun to try something out, but I’m sure there are others hat have also done this.

I haven't tried locking the diffs on the Kraton myself, but don't think it's a great idea to be honest. I'd go with thicker different fluid instead. If you lock the front your turning radius will probably be terrible. If you lock the rear I think it will drift like crazy on loose surfaces and want to spin out on high speed turns. Locking the middle will ensure even power distribution between front and back, depending on what you want to achieve that might not be a good thing though as it will probably wheelie like crazy. Also if you jump it, I think landing badly or on throttle with locked diffs will put extra strain on your drive train and potentially cause some damage in the long run

I haven't tried locking the diffs on the Kraton myself, but don't think it's a great idea to be honest. I'd go with thicker different fluid instead. If you lock the front your turning radius will probably be terrible. If you lock the rear I think it will drift like crazy on loose surfaces and want to spin out on high speed turns. Locking the middle will ensure even power distribution between front and back, depending on what you want to achieve that might not be a good thing though as it will probably wheelie like crazy. Also if you jump it, I think landing badly or on throttle with locked diffs will put extra strain on your drive train and potentially cause some damage in the long run

I hear what your saying. I figured locked diffs would be better for the drive train but the jumping aspect I did not consider. I’m using this on trails in the woods and like the 6s power to muscle though pretty much any terrain. That said it’s mostly slow and I really liked the idea of having the front locked to crawl up obstacles.

Could be cool to try, if you're not taking big air you're not going to damage anything.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back