Hot racing long arms

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrbryant33

Reaction score
Looking into the hot racing king arms for the big rock but can’t find any info on anyone who has used them. Much thanks for any help

While I have no experience with them, the fact that they are aluminum would deter me. If you are a jumper, and use aluminum at a major flex point, you just move the weak part up the line to towers or chassis. I have spares of Arrma and RPM arms that I keep on my workbench and in my tack bag. I have not broke an arm yet, but I am ready for it to happen and would rather replace a cheap part and get back at it in 5 min rather than wait for a chassis or tear down a front end or rear end to replace a tower.

Just my perspective. Others may have different views, but that is what makes this group amazing. You get all point of views, what works for some may not work for others.

Aluminum arms are a waste of money on anything other than strictly road cars or shelf queens. Even then, the trade off isn't that great. All you gain is rigidity, and even on road they can break. Once aluminum bends, it loses the strength it had in the area.
Bashers and offroad need flex in their suspension arms as these are the most stressed components.

Thanks for the reply’s. Was looking for more onroad stability and some lift for 2.8 tires
Stock wheels are 2.8, you can even run 3.8s depending on gearing and ESC/Motor comb. As for stability on road, you can get rid of slop in the arms by adding shims (washers) to your stock pivot balls or upgrading to better pivot balls. The shocks, springs, and shock oil will also affect how the rig (any rig) handles on road. Diff oil something else to look into. The Big Rock is a Monster Truck/Off Road vehicle, changes are needed to make it more of an On Road rig.

I have seen some nice looking BRCC conversions. Best of luck and please share your build.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back