Outcast Hot Racing modular diff cups

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Infractiondk

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
Hi
I have been wanting to upgrade away from the plastik diff cups. They Seem to be off a bit so the crown pinion mesh i off a bot in some spots ( new gears). New plastic cups. But still its not straight ?‍♂️
anyways. Option is arrmas own. But seems to be a bad Way to go
Then there is hot Racing alu cup like the Stock one. But it dosent have a metal insert were the dog bone cups go through. So No good

But Then there is the modular one from hot Racing. These seems like they are What you want?? But really cant find Any good review or someone that actualy has exsperience on Them??
Is there Any one on here that runs Them?

I've ran three packs with one in the center, 200k fluid, in a Outcast, and don't see any problems. I do like the oring in these better then the gasket.

I've ran three packs with one in the center, 200k fluid, in a Outcast, and don't see any problems. I do like the oring in these better then the gasket.
Okay Sounds good i was just going to use Them front and Rear not in middle

I use them in all 3. Shimming could be a pain for you. For me and a few others. It is a bit tight in the front and rear.

I use them in all 3. Shimming could be a pain for you. For me and a few others. It is a bit tight in the front and rear.
Okay Do you run Stock plastic bulkheads/diff case? Or a alu one ?
yah i did hear they are a bit wider than plastic But not as wide as arrma modular cups

I used one of these on my Infraction center diff a couple of days ago, I added an extra shim to one of the planetary gear on each cross shaft and an extra shim top of the oring in the carrier side, I notice there was a lot of slop in there. 500k oil and so far after a few packs everything seems to be great.

IMG_20200201_233652.jpg

00000PORTRAIT_00000_BURST20200202000628342.jpg

00000PORTRAIT_00000_BURST20200202003613352.jpg

I used one of these on my Infraction center diff a couple of days ago, I added an extra shim to one of the planetary gear on each cross shaft and an extra shim top of the oring in the carrier side, I notice there was a lot of slop in there. 500k oil and so far after a few packs everything seems to be great.

View attachment 63829

View attachment 63831

View attachment 63830
Okay. You the picture it Allso seems like you have the old gasket on the gear there. Maybe Thats Why you find it sloppy ? I don't mind xtra shimming at all. I have all the shims i need for that

Okay Do you run Stock plastic bulkheads/diff case? Or a alu one ?
yah i did hear they are a bit wider than plastic But not as wide as arrma modular cups
Stock plastic.

Not a fan.
I bought 3 as soon as they came out and 2 are already in the scrap pile. They come half assembled out of the package and whoever assembled them at the factory used red locktite on the tiny little 1.5 hex screws. Not an issue until you have to completely disassemble one for maintenance or to replace bearings, then no amount of heat or care will keep you from rounding out at least one of the hexes in the head of the screws. One had one rounded out and the other has 3 out of the 4 screw hexes rounded out. Quality of the hardware is garbage and the one remaining unit in service has never been apart so when it goes I’ll probably just pull the guts out of it and toss it as well.

I noticed the slop in the cup side,
Not a fan.
I bought 3 as soon as they came out and 2 are already in the scrap pile. They come half assembled out of the package and whoever assembled them at the factory used red locktite on the tiny little 1.5 hex screws. Not an issue until you have to completely disassemble one for maintenance or to replace bearings, then no amount of heat or care will keep you from rounding out at least one of the hexes in the head of the screws. One had one rounded out and the other has 3 out of the 4 screw hexes rounded out. Quality of the hardware is garbage and the one remaining unit in service has never been apart so when it goes I’ll probably just pull the guts out of it and toss it as well.
I completely disassembly mine and put blue treadlock everywhere. So far it is working great, time will tell :), which one are you running on your rigs? Arrma aluminum?

I honestly don't know why many have issues with the Arrma Optional metal diff case. I have one at my center and it is great. I placed one shim at the rear bearing and this sucker just humms away. Running cool with 200k. No additional internal shimming was needed. I have a HR top plate, oe motor mount and Havoc front bearing support. Screws don't rub. Even clearance both sides. All I can say is that mine was a very early release for what it is worth. And it is heavier than others. So I haven't decided to put them in the front or rear. But the oe plastic ones are horrible for sure. I use a caliper on them when screwing together. It helps to keep things aligned in the bulkhead better. The plastic ones are disposable sooner or later.

I noticed the slop in the cup side,

I completely disassembly mine and put blue treadlock everywhere. So far it is working great, time will tell :), which one are you running on your rigs? Arrma aluminum?
I went back to the stock Arrma diff cups. They’ve never given me an issue and the only reason I bought the HR ones because they were miss priced at $6.94 each on EBay. I actually bought 6 but sent the other 3 back once I got my hands on the first order of 3.
I guess that’s what I get for trying to capitalize on a sellers mistake. Karma ?
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/...rrier-cases-only-6-94-on-ebay-bought-3.15623/

I went back to the stock Arrma diff cups. They’ve never given me an issue and the only reason I bought the HR ones because they were miss priced at $6.94 each on EBay. I actually bought 6 but sent the other 3 back once I got my hands on the first order of 3.
I guess that’s what I get for trying to capitalize on a sellers mistake. Karma ?
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/...rrier-cases-only-6-94-on-ebay-bought-3.15623/
Or they were defective and they were trying to get rid of them :ROFLMAO:

Okay Odd. I would say i don't see the reason to take both ends off the diff cup anyways so i don't Think that Will be s problem for me. You Can easy disasemble s diff case with only one end off. Another option is to Buy the other hr style diff cup. But seriously why haven’t he made a metal insert in the housing in the side were the crown gear isent.. metal that’s spinning inside a alu housing ?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back