Hot racing monster blower fan

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dirtbagpvt

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 3s
Just bought this fan from hot racing for my senton blx 3s. It's the hot racing monster blower fan, came with aluminum mounting hardware but can't figure out where or how it's supposed to be mounted. No videos online directions nothin. Anybody have idea or did I just get the wrong thing. Thanks

16270511092202357404992063317006.jpg

16270511241243029039670357456612.jpg

16270511362833047257563854231012.jpg

Your not the only one to have a tough time with rc parts. They rarely come with instructions.

Just bought this fan from hot racing for my senton blx 3s. It's the hot racing monster blower fan, came with aluminum mounting hardware but can't figure out where or how it's supposed to be mounted. No videos online directions nothin. Anybody have idea or did I just get the wrong thing. Thanks

View attachment 159733

View attachment 159734

View attachment 159735
That’s a nice looking fan, those blades should move some air. The mount is pretty sweet also. But having to put an adaptor in to power it is not good. Adaptors tend to be a weak link.

I wonder why they did it that way. I’d look at getting rid of the connector and putting on the one that allows you to plug-in like the stock fan did. Having said that I’m wondering if the stock fan plug wouldn’t put out enough power, which is why they have it running off an adapter from the battery? 🤔

That’s a nice looking fan, those blades should move some air. The mount is pretty sweet also. But having to put an adaptor in to power it is not good. Adaptors tend to be a weak link.

I wonder why they did it that way. I’d look at getting rid of the connector and putting on the one that allows you to plug-in like the stock fan did. Having said that I’m wondering if the stock fan plug wouldn’t put out enough power, which is why they have it running off an adapter from the battery? 🤔
It's a large fan that is rated at 11.1 volts, so I'm pretty sure it takes more voltage and current than either the BEC on an ESC or a receiver can put out. And unlike the situation where using an adapter to connect batteries to ESCs, using an adapter at this voltage and current is not an issue.

It's a large fan that is rated at 11.1 volts, so I'm pretty sure it takes more voltage and current than either the BEC on an ESC or a receiver can put out. And unlike the situation where using an adapter to connect batteries to ESCs, using an adapter at this voltage and current is not an issue.
The power cord is an inline adapter between your lipo and ESC, so he was correct that it could present issues with it unplugging. Personally I would heat shrink the fan plug to the ESC side so they can’t separate. One less point of failure. 🤷🏻‍♂️🤘🏻

The power cord is an inline adapter between your lipo and ESC, so he was correct that it could present issues with it unplugging. Personally I would heat shrink the fan plug to the ESC side so they can’t separate. One less point of failure. 🤷🏻‍♂️🤘🏻
This is true. I was using the same setup and when bashing the plug came apart and the ” prongs “ touched each other and caused a short.

No…it’s an adapter between motor and battery that is apt to running really hot, short-circuiting etc…I learned my lessons with using the adapters a while back and would not use something like that.

Just to get this straight: the motor runs off the ESC, not directly from the battery. In this case the ESC is running off that adapter, and so is the fan. You are more likely to have an issue with an adapter that contains two types of connectors, say EC5 to XT60, than with an adapter that is merely a pass through like this one (EC5 to EC5).

Just to get this straight: the motor runs off the ESC, not directly from the battery. In this case the ESC is running off that adapter, and so is the fan. You are more likely to have an issue with an adapter that contains two types of connectors, say EC5 to XT60, than with an adapter that is merely a pass through like this one (EC5 to EC5).
While you’re correct about the connectors, one factor you may be unaware of is that fan will barely spin on 5V from the BEC. It really needs 12V.

My two cents….while I have had limited success with Hot Racing products, I purchased two “ monster blower fans “ and both failed miserably. Others may have had better luck. It could have been my mismanagement…but I dunno 🤔

While you’re correct about the connectors, one factor you may be unaware of is that fan will barely spin on 5V from the BEC. It really needs 12V.
You are misinterpreting my post: with the EC5 to EC5 adapter with the fan pigtail shown in the first pic of the original post, the fan will get voltage directly from the battery, whether it be 7.4 volts or 11.1 volts.

You are misinterpreting my post: with the EC5 to EC5 adapter with the fan pigtail shown in the first pic of the original post, the fan will get voltage directly from the battery, whether it be 7.4 volts or 11.1 volts.
What threw me off was you said the motor runs off the ESC not the battery. I interpreted that as the fan motor. Now I see you meant the main motor. That’s my bad. ✌🏻

I am going to be completely honest and say that adapter is completely fine. It is a 3s Senton. The adapter would be more serious if this was a 150mph speedrun car.🤷‍♂️ Just make sure the fan stays connected to the adapter by heat shrinking the two. Now...if you didn't want this adapter you would have to buy a separate BEC (A small 3s lipo).

Back