Outcast Hot Racing Motor Mount pt.2 (lots of pics)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TwiZted SkullZ

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
Just got one of those hard to find (what isn't for Arrma) Hot Racing motor mounts for Outcast.
I think they are pretty damn cool and hopefully bullet proof.
Also I figured out how to make an aluminum diff mount from the old Arrma motor mount.
Here ya go!

Starting to add some Fast Eddy bearings to the car too.
CIMG3893.JPG

The new mount uses different screw holes in the motor
CIMG3895.JPG

The old motor mount is going to come in very handy,cause the HR diff mounts are buried in King Tuts Tomb!
Cut along the lines.
CIMG3898.JPG

Bandsaw comes in handy for splittin' things in half!

CIMG3900.JPG

The only problem is,the old mount that I cut off is way too thick so the mounting holes are off by about 2mm or so.

Milling time.....this is an old table saw that I turned into a 2 axis router mill.
Shaved about 2 mil off the bearing side so the holes line up better.
CIMG3903.JPG

CIMG3904.JPG

We're not done yet!
Now the bearing bore needs to go a little deeper so the bearing will seat flush to the mount.
Not having a 5/8" bottom reamer I resorted to using a 5/8" router bit,luckily I only had to take off a few thousandths.
CIMG3905.JPG

Time to put this baby back together now!
Also this is how I adjust the pinion backlash.
Just take a piece of laser printer paper which is about twice as thick as a regular piece of paper,
and wedge it between the gears and in this case there's only one screw on top to tighten now
CIMG3907.JPG

Holy crap....IT FITS!!!!
I think Hot Racing made a pretty slick motor mount,and with the right amount of persuasion you might even be able to change the pinion right in the car and make adjust in a matter of minutes! :cool:
CIMG3912.JPG

Told you there were a LOT of pics!

So for the cutting of them motor mount to replace the diff mount. Is there any way to do it if you don't have a machine shop?

How do you like the Hot Racing motor mount? I just got two in the mail today for my Typhon and Outcast.

I like it a lot,makes adjusting the pinion so much easier without having to take the motor and mount out
of the chassis.
Well thought out and very well made! IMO
The only thing HR did wrong...misspelled Kraton on the pkg! :D

Nice! Did you have to get different screws to mount the motor to the mount or did you use the original screws?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back