Kraton Hot Racing motor mount

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In your opinion hot racing motor mount or arrma?
I don’t see enough difference to make that call. I would have to really closely evaluate them to pick one over the other. Neither have bent that I can remember, other than the 45mph pole crash.

I didn't realize the HR mount has extra fins that protrude from the face of the plate. The Arrma one doesn't, so maybe the HR one is stronger.

What we really need is Mitch aka M2CRacing to make a super tough adjustable one..!!! He could probably knock one up in an afternoon..??

Lets start a petition..????

If someone doesn't make them soon I'll pop some out of 7075 for you guys...

Im sad and cursed maybe
You’ll only need to make one for @Surchaufeur as he’s the only person capable of bending his so often. ?
Like i cant allow a single crash involving the front bumper hitting the ground so now when i know im going to lnose land i will just hit the brakes and land on my body ?‍♀️
I feel like i trew money down the drain like i did on my rustler
Thinking getting a granite instead but im going to lose 200-300$ again and getting a smaller car for that

Im sad and cursed maybe

Like i cant allow a single crash involving the front bumper hitting the ground so now when i know im going to lnose land i will just hit the brakes and land on my body ?‍♀️
I feel like i trew money down the drain like i did on my rustler
Thinking getting a granite instead but im going to lose 200-300$ again and getting a smaller car for that
The Granite is the same dang truck, just shorter and narrower. Same motor mount design. ??‍♂️

The Granite is the same dang truck, just shorter and narrower. Same motor mount design. ??‍♂️
Like notorious said the issue is in the motor can itself the 4s motor is more heavy than the 3s motor when in a front conlision happens the added weight of the 4s motor is enought bend the motor mount. And the granite is a lot more light
Anyway im not a scientific im just noticing what people pointed out and what i noticed myself

Like notorious said the issue is in the motor can itself the 4s motor is more heavy than the 3s motor when in a front conlision happens the added weight of the 4s motor is enought bend the motor mount. And the granite is a lot more light
Anyway im not a scientific im just noticing what people pointed out and what i noticed myself
When I did bend my mount, it was running a 3S motor ??‍♂️

When I did bend my mount, it was running a 3S motor ??‍♂️
I don't know then idk whats wrong i don't abuse my rig like someone i know(keving talbot) i take care of my car i try to make it look nice after every bash i do even if the majority of the time is only onroad and on small grass.
Maybe i just need to remove the chassi brace i have no idea
But there has to be somethink wromg with my car while others abuse the same car more than me everyday and don't have to deal with bended motor mount. When the mount bends thats why it kills the rear diff because the sungear is now not proprely aligned now and i ran with the motor mount bended for 2 days in the bmx track so. The motor mount bending is bassicly causing to make your rear diff wear. But its not cool to stop bashing and just watch the rest of they day when you sre with your friends(i have one friend) first just first little crash bended motor mount and your bassicly done because if you keep going you will say byebye to your rear diff

If you can afford it, I highly recommend having at least two cars. So you have a backup when one breaks.

If you can afford it, I highly recommend having at least two cars. So you have a backup when one breaks.
Haha I have 3 and sometimes that’s not enough ????

If someone doesn't make them soon I'll pop some out of 7075 for you guys...

I'll hold you to this..?

I've bent both the standard one and a HR one, recently bought the Arrma adjustable one but not fitted yet.. ( RIP stretched Granite )?

Just fitted the Arrma adjustable one and it feels to be the same build as the stock just with slots instead of holes. The one nice thing is you do get the plastic gear housing with it so you basically get a free spare which I don’t think the HR adapter gives you.

I do think that simply drilling out the stock holes to adjust the mesh will give you the same result as the HR or Arrma adjustable one if you’re wanting to stay with the standard gearing options (13T, 15T and 20T and 26T). If you want to go to an 18T or weird combinations in between then it will warrant a swap out.

I also noticed that my brand new previous diff started to wear once i switched to the HR motor mount and when i removed the mega adjustable one it was also bended and i was running like that for a long time and i checked my diff every 4-6 runs and saw that the diff tooth were shiny. Maybe the HR one is not aligned proprely? Might better go back to the stock one if i notice wear after a few runs with the HR

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back