Kraton Hot Racing motor mount

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The one nice thing is you do get the plastic gear housing with it so you basically get a free spare which I don’t think the HR adapter gives you.

Considering that one of my bearings failed on the stock, non-adjustable motor plate and burned into the plastic case, I need a new case. Since it looks like I can't just order the plastic case alone this alone will force me to select the Arrma adjustable plate over the Hot Racing one.

I also noticed that my brand new previous diff started to wear once i switched to the HR motor mount and when i removed the mega adjustable one it was also bended and i was running like that for a long time and i checked my diff every 4-6 runs and saw that the diff tooth were shiny. Maybe the HR one is not aligned proprely? Might better go back to the stock one if i notice wear after a few runs with the HR
I don’t think the motor mount has anything to do with a diff issue. The power module housing is only so thick and the mount in an internal part of that. ??‍♂️

I'm pretty sure the Arrma adjustable motor mount is billet aluminum machined out of a single block and the stock one is cast aluminum. The new one should be stronger than the stock one.

I'm pretty sure the Arrma adjustable motor mount is billet aluminum machined out of a single block and the stock one is cast aluminum. The new one should be stronger than the stock one.
I tend to believe this would be true, but also think we can use another option for this mount.

Last edited:
Yes its made differantly but theyr are made of the same aluminum who bends maybe the HR alluminum is crap and not the arrma one
And today i gave my new diff 2 runs and still make like balls in a jar noise when i remove the power module while the front does not?‍♀️ And the sun can move left right a little bit now from the outside i tried to fit the sungear"key" inside the power module and when in there there is a lot of play and i tried with an brand new sliper clutch rear hub and there is no play at all. Maybe my rear slipper hub is worn and causing a lot of play to the sungear from the outside
My original one broke in half and i just switched for a brand new slipper assembly after that

If someone doesn't make them soon I'll pop some out of 7075 for you guys...

Oh man the likes are piling up on this statement... lol.. I may be forced to make you all very happy!

Yes its made differantly but theyr are made of the same aluminum who bends maybe the HR alluminum is crap and not the arrma one
And today i gave my new diff 2 runs and still make like balls in a jar noise when i remove the power module while the front does not?‍♀️ And the sun can move left right a little bit now from the outside i tried to fit the sungear"key" inside the power module and when in there there is a lot of play and i tried with an brand new sliper clutch rear hub and there is no play at all. Maybe my rear slipper hub is worn and causing a lot of play to the sungear from the outside
My original one broke in half and i just switched for a brand new slipper assembly after that
Sounds like your yokes are shot. Are you still running stock ones? I have the HR yokes on my Typhon but not the Kraton yet. My Kraton is more stock than the Typhon. Kraton only has RPM arms, HR hexes, FE bearings, Futaba Rx, 6S shocks/springs, and PowerHD servo. Typhon has more upgrades than I can remember.

Sounds like your yokes are shot. Are you still running stock ones? I have the HR yokes on my Typhon but not the Kraton yet. My Kraton is more stock than the Typhon. Kraton only has RPM arms, HR hexes, FE bearings, Futaba Rx, 6S shocks/springs, and PowerHD servo. Typhon has more upgrades than I can remember.
Its not the yokes
image.jpg

Its the sun gear plastic who kinda wears out and the bearing is not tightly in anymore on it. And when i say a lot of play its on the current slipper rear hub i tried with a new one and there is 0play
image.jpg

That thing moves a a lot while the front does not where the second bearing sits the bearing just wiggles everywhere
image.jpg

And the first bearing move freely in some spots while the front i cant even make it come out it took me 15mins to do it in the front while the rear was wiggling like if the bearing was completly shot about to explode but turns out the bearing is shacking arround the plastic who has compress and worn allowing the bearing to wiggle

Last edited:
Its not the yokes
View attachment 52282
Its the sun gear plastic who kinda wears out and the bearing is not tightly in anymore on it. And when i say a lot of play its on the current slipper rear hub i tried with a new one and there is 0play
View attachment 52283
That thing moves a a lot while the front does not where the second bearing sits the bearing just wiggles everywhereView attachment 52284
And the first bearing move freely in some spots while the front i cant even make it come out it took me 15mins to do it in the front while the rear was wiggling like if the bearing was completly shot about to explode but turns out the bearing is shacking arround the plastic who has compress and worn allowing the bearing to wiggle
The yokes are what holds the bearings in place tho? ??‍♂️ What am I missing?

Yes they hold the bearings but its the sungear itself who is moving
Mhm maybe its the yoke i will need to inspect further
Isn't that one usually referred to as a pinion? Diff ring gear and pinion. I think the one inside the diff cup that the smaller satellite gears ride on is typically referred to as a "sun" gear.

I'm surprised with the 4S versions of these trucks out that they haven't finally made a steel pinion at least. That's a lot of strain for a composite gear/shaft/collar to put up with.

Isn't that one usually referred to as a pinion? Diff ring gear and pinion. I think the one inside the diff cup that the smaller satellite gears ride on is typically referred to as a "sun" gear.

I'm surprised with the 4S versions of these trucks out that they haven't finally made a steel pinion at least. That's a lot of strain for a composite gear/shaft/collar to put up with.
I usually call them just that (ring and pinion) but sometimes in order not to confuse people I will refer to the front/rear diff pinion gear as the input gear. That's what Arrma calls it. I think they might even call it that on the 6s trucks ?‍♂️

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back