Kraton Hot Racing motor mount

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay the hot racing motor mount is trash
I went outside for my first bash on some snow was epic but i was going at 40kpmh and i went under breaking and hit a little 90 degre curb who is an inch tall at 10-15kmh i was like not it could not bend the motor mount. So i decided to drive it and my pinion and motor started to scream loudly quess what happened? Even at 0 degres celcius the trash hot racing motor mount decided to bend. Seriously how in the world hitting a one inch tall of concrete can bend a motor mount at 0 degres celius when going st 10kmh absolutly no excuses

Mine survived this and didn’t bend a bit

993E667B-FEE2-4A5B-B016-3EF2F6F41DC4.jpeg

Mine survived this and didn’t bend a bit

View attachment 53211
I want to know how dude
I shoved the dsm thing into the bread cooker at 450 degres going to read a bit how to strenghent alluminum with heat
Saw that it has the same identical bent when i nose landed a 10feet jump maybe the alluminum got weak or something after bending it back in
I was sliding on the snow and hit the little bump and was enought to bend the motor mount
I would go back to stock but i think my stock crews are bended

Where do you add the screw..?? You have a pic..?
image.jpg

I might know why the stock motor mounts could be stronger if you see carefully the stock mount comes with the pinion 13. And is you look at where the two screws align it makes it pretty hard to bend the dam thing vs two one in a streight line on the adjustable one. Im going to get new screws and go back to stock i remember it took a lot to bend my stock motor mount the first time i remember landing on the nose and stuff until i hode a drain thing full speed and my car was bassicly motionless because the gears crushed each other

View attachment 53250
I might know why the stock motor mounts could be stronger if you see carefully the stock mount comes with the pinion 13. And is you look at where the two screws align it makes it pretty hard to bend the dam thing vs two one in a streight line on the adjustable one. Im going to get new screws and go back to stock i remember it took a lot to bend my stock motor mount the first time i remember landing on the nose and stuff until i hode a drain thing full speed and my car was bassicly motionless because the gears crushed each other
That’s good info. I never tried to use a third screw but it makes sense to me. Good find?? Hope it fixes your mount issues.

I forget where mine bent, but wasn’t it more like at the waistline (view it like a woman’s body, the skinniest part vertically) in the motor mount? Personally I think the problem is that the motor is too heavy for the stock motor mount. It was designed for a much lighter brushed motor but they kept sticking a heavier (3S) and heavier (4S!) motor on it but didn’t redesign the part.

I forget where mine bent, but wasn’t it more like at the waistline (view it like a woman’s body, the skinniest part vertically) in the motor mount? Personally I think the problem is that the motor is too heavy for the stock motor mount. It was designed for a much lighter brushed motor but they kept sticking a heavier (3S) and heavier (4S!) motor on it but didn’t redesign the part.
If I recall, the BLX mount is new. It isn’t the same as the Mega mount. Am I wrong?

If I recall, the BLX mount is new. It isn’t the same as the Mega mount. Am I wrong?
Made billed vs casted but still bends like stick
If the blx one is the same as the hot racing one i have one in backorder from arrma but it keeps getting delayed september november now december its ridiculous

If the blx one is the same as the hot racing one i have one in backorder from arrma but it keeps getting delayed september november now december its ridiculous
Maybe they are contracting Mitch to make some good ones ???

Maxx, oh Maxx Maxx Maxx, did I say MAXX? :p

Maxx, oh Maxx Maxx Maxx, did I say MAXX? :p
Yeah but honestly i wont buy a 130$more expensive rig(more than 130 might lose 150$ in the resell of the kraton) just because of a motor mount. Sure it sucks but i will get something bigger a 6s rig because i realise that i want more than what my 4s kraton can give me
If my kraton made me frustrated af anout the over steer and while maxx will just flip non stop and handle like a brick on wheels its not going to make me feel better. Im the kind of guy who thinks more about driving skills if i could i could spend all day all nigh on a race track. Main reason i started to tune my shocks diffs and suspension even almost got the 6s shocks because i care about handling. I want to perform in almost every category. I hope you get my point i will like to get a traxxas truck who can give me this but unfortunatly there nothing who can give me this at traxxas. The closest would be the e revo 2.0 but i don't want to deal with shock rod ends and stuff its really fragile for a rig maybe if one day i got one completly modified.
And the esc is a hit or miss they wante dme to send to maybe remplace my esc 3s who had a design flaw when he had a massive hole in the waterproofing material they just did not give a poop i don't have time to spwait 4 weeks pay the shipping and receive another 50-50 chance being defective in the future and making me pay for it
My rustler 4x4 to make it perform and do backflips i needed to buy tires new remote because i was never able to control the dam thing with their 100% brake power. Needed gtr shocks and new esc and all of that would have cost me 300$ at least for a 450$ small 1/10 truck?convert that in my currency and its 900$
And i after learned about traxxas bullying other rc companies and created the demise of hpi racing i started to think if all of this was worth it to fix and unfortunatly it was not

Last edited:
I think this is why the HR mount bends, there is less metal where it bends..!!

Having the bolt holes recessed loses metal and therefore strength...

I still hope M2C make one soon, maybe my petition might help..??

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/m2c-racing-petition-for-3s-4s-motor-mount.15729/

If M2C made one, I think its about 6-7mm thick, because of its small size I believe it would be nearly unbendable..??

IMG_4460.jpeg
IMG_4459.jpeg

Some of my bends, these are all the HR mount...???

IMG_2871 3.jpeg
IMG_2869.jpeg
IMG_2872 2.jpeg

Last edited:
I think this is why the HR mount bends, there is less metal where it bends..!!

Having the bolt holes recessed loses metal and therefore strength...

I still hope M2C make one soon, maybe my petition might help..??

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/m2c-racing-petition-for-3s-4s-motor-mount.15729/

If M2C made one, I think its about 6-7mm thick, because of its small size I believe it would be nearly unbendable..??

View attachment 53369View attachment 53368

Some of my bends, these are all the HR mount...???

View attachment 53370View attachment 53371View attachment 53372
The blx mount is unavailable here they keep telling me they going to get them in the next release but kreps getting delayed?. I once got the mega version without knowimg and lost my money again

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back